Naismith Late Season 20 | The Boneyard

Naismith Late Season 20

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Megan Huff should be somewhere on this list. Also I think if there are two players from Oregon, Sabally should be the second rather than Hebard.

I think 3 from UConn is 1 too many.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan Huff should be somewhere on this list. Also I think if there are two players from Oregon, Sabally should be the second rather than Hebard.

I think 3 from UConn is 1 too many.
Satou is scoring 0.8 point more than Ruthy, but Ruthy grabs 3.3 more boards per game and is shooting an insane .710 from the field.

Regarding your last point, remember where you are. ;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Satou is scoring 0.8 point more than Ruthy, but Ruthy grabs 3.3 more boards per game and is shooting an insane .710 from the field.

Regarding your last point, remember where you are. ;)

In regards to Sabally and Hebard, I bet the stats are much more distinct in conference games. Sabally has been playing great. Also she's much more versatile than Hebard. Satou has been hitting consistently from 3 and is good on the drive. Hebard is very efficient but basically doesn't score from more than 5 feet from the basket on post ups and put backs. Sabally is more dynamic and has been more of a driver of the Ducks success IMO.

I'll take the heat on the second point. I don't think Dangerfield belongs on this list.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Natisha Hiedeman from Marquette deserves to be on the list. She’s a stud. She will get drafted.
Is she the best player on her team, or is Blockton better? Legit question. I know Natisha has better stats this year, but Allazia is the career scoring leader.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In regards to Sabally and Hebard, I bet the stats are much more distinct in conference games. Sabally has been playing great. Also she's much more versatile than Hebard. Satou has been hitting consistently from 3 and is good on the drive. Hebard is very efficient but basically doesn't score from more than 5 feet from the basket on post ups and put backs. Sabally is more dynamic and has been more of a driver of the Ducks success IMO.

I'll take the heat on the second point. I don't think Dangerfield belongs on this list.
Satou got raves from Kara Lawson early her freshman year. I though she was good but the typically inconsistent freshman last year. I haven't read much about her this year, as Sabrina gets most of the press, but Satou has nice stats.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Satou got raves from Kara Lawson early her freshman year. I though she was good but the typically inconsistent freshman last year. I haven't read much about her this year, as Sabrina gets most of the press, but Satou has nice stats.

Sabally was definitely up and down as a Fr., started out the same way early this season, but then something clicked for her. She's been terrific and is a match up nightmare.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sabally was definitely up and down as a Fr., started out the same way early this season, but then something clicked for her. She's been terrific and is a match up nightmare.
She has size, athleticism, and 3-point range. I’m eager to see her sister too. But not against UConn.

Reaction Score
For those who post 'this player' should be added to list. You should also name who you removing. It is Top 20 list after all.
I would get rid of either Sophie, Kaila Charles or Crystal.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Here are the in-conference stats for Hebard and Sabally:

pts./game: Hebard 17.1; Sabally 19.8 (leads team)

rebounds: Hebard 10.3 (leads team); Sabally 7.3

2 point shooting percentage: Hebard 67.9; Sabally 51.2

3 point percentage: Hebard (no attempts): Sabally 47.5

Sabally has more assists, steals, blocks, and turnovers than Hebard (she leads in the team in the final 3--2 obviously good, 1 bad). Something has indeed clicked for her and her game continues to expand. That's probably the primary reason Ionescu's less-than-stellar shooting in conference hasn't really had an impact on the team's success. Although I realize that I am hardly an unbiased observer, there are few, if any, sophomores whom I would take over her at this point.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just because I wanted to yell about it somewhere.

Wooden Award late-season Top 20 lists revealed

ESPN posted the list of Wooden Nominees and so many of the Class Years are incorrect for the women's list. It's embarrassing.

Alanna Smith, Bridget Carleton, Sabrina Ionescu, Ruthy Hebard, and Chennedy Carter listed freshmen. Teaira McCowan, Kristine Anigwe, and Destiny Slocum (who is technically a Redshirt Sophomore) listed as Sophomore's.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.35.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 7.35.07 AM.png
    193.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Hebard won the McClain award as the best Power Forward in the country last year, is shooting 71% and is averaging a near double double. She has to be and deserves to be on this list.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure why Mikayla Pivec gets nearly zero coverage. I think if the opposing PAC-12 coaches voted, Pivec would be on their "All Nightmare" First Team squad.
How many more PAC12 players would you put on the 20 person team? (They already lead conferences with 5 nominations.) And who would you remove to add Pivec?

Reaction Score
How many more PAC12 players would you put on the 20 person team?
Not sure I would add any more PAC-12 players. I really don't know much about Carelton & K. Charles. I might have Pivec instead of Slocum & Anigwe. My comment re: Pivec probably did not belong on this thread. I'm just surprised how little attention Pivec gets outside of the PAC-12 viewership. Perhaps Pivec will get her moments in the next 2 weeks and in the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom