Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Nahiem Alleyne announcing on Thursday

Reaction Score
Diggins should been like #200 tho
And you were gassing him up the whole way from recruitment until November. Hindsight is 20/20. Not to say Castle will turn out the same way, I definitely don’t think that. But you can’t trust him to reclassify and be a big contributor for a ranked team. It would be one thing if it was a rebuilding year, but it’s not intended to be.
And Hawkins gave us more than “nothing.”
What Hawkins did this past year is worse than what Ramey/Williams would give us this coming year, so why would that be a contingency to rushing Castle up a level?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’ll agree to disagree. Wonder why he wouldn’t transfer then if it’s just not a possibility. I get loving the school, but at some point, after 3 years, you’d figure a competitor would want to play. He certainly could drop down a level and be a contributor, i’d say.

He’s been with the program for three years and he hasn’t played a single meaningful minute - that’s not suddenly going to change.

Just because other kids chase playing time doesn’t mean they all have to - perhaps he‘s made of different stuff.

Reaction Score
Don't see 3 that failed to give us anything...
Two of the three didn't get any significant minutes at all. The third was somewhere between the 6th and 8th man on the team who averaged less than 6 points a game (we're talking about last year's production now, not Hawkin's high potential). "Not giving us anything" is a little bit of hyperbole but not far off.

Reaction Score
And you were gassing him up the whole way from recruitment until November. Hindsight is 20/20
Certainly but I just posted alleyne played over 30mpg at tech so he’s not mince meat we can pencil Castle ahead of. But I do think Castle would give us more than Diggins did. Can’t give less than nothing.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He’s been with the program for three years and he hasn’t played a single meaningful minute - that’s not suddenly going to change.

Just because other kids chase playing time doesn’t mean they all have to - perhaps he‘s made of different stuff.
I mean, UConn Basketball is not a bad place to be along for the ride. Heck, Tyler Olander has 2 rings.

Plus, since it’s a basketball school, Richie Springs is still probably the 10th most popular kid on campus.

Not a bad free education experience if you ask me!

Reaction Score

I mean he redshirted 1 season so technically 2. Also having Whaley/Sanogo in front of him both years and Carlton last year didn't help his cause.

Not saying he would command consistent minutes, I just think he could possibly offer something. By all accounts he's a strong rebounder, if DC isn't ready I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score

For springs, maybe he likes it here, he is getting an education, and if he is happy here, who are we to judge?

Reaction Score
Feel like this is a Giffey-esque piece to this team; slightly smaller but a weapon from outside, has the ability to guard (tho not as well as Giffey likely) multiple positions, can take over a game but is content being the 4th scoring option on the floor at all times. Need a guy like this to have a successful team. Newton breaking down a defense with Hawk being held tight to and Sanogo pinched in on will leave the kick out to Alleyne open more often than not

Reaction Score
People just watched 3 top 60 recruits fail to give us anything as freshman and now think you can assume Castle can skip a grade and come in and play 25 minutes. Delusional.
Amen. I've been saying this in other threads and generally it doesn't seem to be taken well.

There's a lot of peoplevastly overrating Castles potential especially if he reclasses. We're not talking about a top 5 player here. He's a nice piece and a top 40 guy but the idea that he's gunna come to uconn and enroll as 17 year old going on 18 and immediately be an elite level college player is highly delusional.

I'd rather see the kid go kill it in HS for another year, enjoy his senior year and come here in 2023 primed and ready. Rushing a kid to college via a reclass is a good way to ruin a kids career.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People just watched 3 top 60 recruits fail to give us anything as freshman and now think you can assume Castle can skip a grade and come in and play 25 minutes. Delusional.
So… 30 minutes?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean, UConn Basketball is not a bad place to be along for the ride. Heck, Tyler Olander has 2 rings
Sir, I remind you that Tyler Olander was a starter.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I mean, UConn Basketball is not a bad place to be along for the ride. Heck, Tyler Olander has 2 rings.

Plus, since it’s a basketball school, Richie Springs is still probably the 10th most popular kid on campus.

Not a bad free education experience if you ask me!
It should not go unmentioned that Tyler Olander has more Championship rings than Jim Boeheim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom