My names | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My names

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Half the coaches listed in this thread wouldn't even return a phone call about a UConn job.

Reaction Score
Half the coaches listed in this thread wouldn't even return a phone call about a UConn job.

Eh, your overstating it. P is making 1.6 million. If you offered even an extra 400k, I bet that puts UConn in the top 50ish paying jobs. Some of the of the Mac coaches are in the 500k range on the list I saw a while back. Are some of these guys probably not an option? No doubt, its just speculation.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I know this has been in past threads on the topic, but Tressel is a non-starter - as a result of the Ohio State scandals a couple of seasons back, he has a 5 year show cause penalty, effectively keeping him unemployable as a head football coach until 2016:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/56110/long-road-back-to-college-for-jim-tressel

Doesn't matter how deep a hole PP puts us in, Warde or any other self-respecting AD will not be going to go to the mat for Tressel...Warde even more so based on the UConn hoops infractions / probation.

Based on the recent rulings of the NCAA.and it's current credibility, the show cause wouldn't be a problem.

How would they explain the TXAM, UNC, and Miami rulings if they didn't allow him back.

I get a sense he may not be interested in returning to coaching (he has a stable university job), but we should ask as he is the biggest name likely to be unattached.

Reaction Score
Josh McDaniel (Looonnnnng Shot) but he isn't get an NFL HC gig anytime soon. Joe Moorehead was a fan when he was here, watched his team's play against Temple this Saturday and was beyond impressed. Anyone that doesn't use the phrases microwave society, and prototype would be considered and upgrade.
I guess I missed something here but I have seen 3 references to Microwave in these postings. Is that something Coach PP has bandied about?

Reaction Score
It is P's little catch phrase to indicate people want instant results/winning. I guess he considers,himself a chef and does not want to be rushed. Three years in and he is still searching for ingredients in the "empty cupboard"

Reaction Score
It is P's little catch phrase to indicate people want instant results/winning. I guess he considers,himself a chef and does not want to be rushed. Three years in and he is still searching for ingredients in the "empty cupboard"
Thanks

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Heaven forbid.

I'm sick and tired of the, "needs his own players" excuse. Brady Hoke went 11-2 his first year with Rich Rodriguez's team and 8-5 last year. Gus Malzahn is 3-0 after last years 3-9 debacle at Auburn. Addazio is 2-1 with a team that went 2-10 last year. "Coach" Pasqualoni is not a leader of men. All he does is make excuses and throws 19-22 year olds under the bus for his short coming.

Reaction Score
You may want to suspend keyboard privileges for a while as you are now embarrassing yourself. If there is any fan base that doesn't warrant criticism it is Big Red Nation. The last home game Nebraska had that was not sold out occurred when John F Kennedy was president.

Your earlier comment was dead wrong and now you are showing how clueless you are with feeble attempts to defend it.

Yes, Big Red Nation doesn't warrant criticism. Yet it was their coach who was trashing them for leaving early.

Big Ten, it's possible. We just need to leave earlier. Show them we belong.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Wonder how long he was planning to coach this team? Doesn't he realize he was hired as a short term guy to stabilize the program and not risk letting it sink into oblivion by hiring a young unknown? How out of touch can one be? And what microwave takes 33 months before it shows any signs of life?

I hope he isn't this half cocked cliche'd with the players, but it would explain everything. Going through the motions, everything.

Reaction Score
Ha - now we got out of state radio stations predicting next head coach.

therealJeffJ97 10:47am via Web
courant.com/sports/uconn-f… Early pick is Dave Clawson Bowling Green the next UConn head coach when they make that move.

(I'll save ya the extra step - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Clawson)

From his Wiki page:

Clawson describes his coaching style as one that utilizes the available talent to maximize success. His philosophy focuses on getting individual playmakers more touches rather than sticking to a rigidly-defined system. His offenses have displayed components of the Pro-Style, Spread and Power Running attacks. His influences included Hank Small whom he coached under at Lehigh University and numerous NFL teams including the New York Jets, New York Giants and others.[11]

A philosophy I can get behind. No talk of prototypes.

Reaction Score

courant.com/sports/uconn-f… Early pick is Dave Clawson Bowling Green the next UConn head coach when they make that move.

I'm sold. I like his Offensive Philosophy and his record. Can we bring him in today?

Offensive Philosophy[edit source | editbeta]

Clawson describes his coaching style as one that utilizes the available talent to maximize success. His philosophy focuses on getting individual playmakers more touches rather than sticking to a rigidly-defined system. His offenses have displayed components of the Pro-Style, Spread and Power Running attacks.

Reaction Score
From his Wiki page:

Clawson describes his coaching style as one that utilizes the available talent to maximize success. His philosophy focuses on getting individual playmakers more touches rather than sticking to a rigidly-defined system. His offenses have displayed components of the Pro-Style, Spread and Power Running attacks. His influences included Hank Small whom he coached under at Lehigh University and numerous NFL teams including the New York Jets, New York Giants and others.[11]

A philosophy I can get behind. No talk of prototypes.

Miss this part: "With Clawson as their offensive coordinator, Tennessee suffered its worst statistical offensive season in over 30 years." ? ;)

Reaction Score
Miss this part: "With Clawson as their offensive coordinator, Tennessee suffered its worst statistical offensive season in over 30 years." ? ;)

Saw it, but he was basically TJ Weist to PP. Dead man walking HC.

Reaction Score
http://www.toledoblade.com/BGSU/2013/03/02/Clawson-s-salary-jumps-to-400-000.html

This is why I don't get people saying UConn won't attract top notch candidates. Not saying Clawson is top notch, but the UConn job pays P four times what this guy is making. Is not out of the realm of possibility that UConn would pay 2 million for a coach. That is a lot of cheddar in the college coaching biz.

It's disgusting what we are paying P. Who negotiated that contract? It's not like P had a bunch of offers as a head coach. P puts friendship ahead of winning, and for that garbage the school pays a premium.

I agree, UCONN will have plenty of interest in the job, look at what it did for Edsall.

Reaction Score
It's disgusting what we are paying P. Who negotiated that contract? It's not like P had a bunch of offers as a head coach.

I agree, but it shows UConn is willing to pay competitive market price for a good coach. Have to spend the money more wisely than Hathaway chose to, but you get the idea.

Reaction Score
I agree, but it shows UConn is willing to pay competitive market price for a good coach. Have to spend the money more wisely than Hathaway chose to, but you get the idea.

Trouble was that Pasqualoni was a "lazy hire". Hathaway went through the motions, paid a consultant $50K and hired the most readily available retread for a pretty penny.

It was Hathaway's only significant hire and he justified his "empty suit" moniker with his efforts.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Narduzzi is a REALLY interesting name I haven't before seen on here. Would be nice to get a CT guy who hasn't been out of college football for 10 years. Get him, boost our Defensive side, keep TJW to run our Offense?

From Wikipedia, "...After the unexpected and dominant performance, Narduzzi was pursued for head coaching jobs and a significant raise to become the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M University, but chose to remain at Michigan State and a 2012 defense that again led the Big Ten in total defense."

Coulda went to A&M, How much $$ would it take to bring him to Storrs/East Hartford? How long did he stay in New Haven before he left? Was he raised there or did his family move when he was 4 weeks old (i.e. is he really a CT guy...which should not matter in the first place. Look what having a CT guy has brought this institution over the last 26 games).?

Reaction Score
From Wikipedia, "...After the unexpected and dominant performance, Narduzzi was pursued for head coaching jobs and a significant raise to become the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M University, but chose to remain at Michigan State and a 2012 defense that again led the Big Ten in total defense."

Coulda went to A&M, How much would it take to bring him to Storrs/East Hartford? How long did he stay in New Haven before he left? Was he raised there or did his family move when he was 4 weeks old (i.e. is he really a CT guy...which should not matter in the first place. Look what having a CT guy has brought this institution over the last 26 games).?

His father Bill coached for Carm Cozza @ Yale. Left NH when he was 8 or 9?

Would be a tough get (but a good one):

BFeldmanCBS 11:56am via web
Narduzzi deserved at least 1 Broyles by now RT @dennisdoddcbs Broyles Award favorites (by me) 1 Pat Narduzzi; 2 C. Cameron; 3 C. McKinney

Husky25

Reaction Score
His father Bill coached for Carm Cozza @ Yale. Left NH when he was 8 or 9?

Would be a tough get (but a good one):

BFeldmanCBS 11:56am via web
Narduzzi deserved at least 1 Broyles by now RT @dennisdoddcbs Broyles Award favorites (by me) 1 Pat Narduzzi; 2 C. Cameron; 3 C. McKinney

If he is a Broyles award winner/finalist, he's going to a Power 5 school at year's end, IMO. I also agree with Jimmy Serrano from page 1. A $$million coordinator is a long shot and, if not, a definite short timer. I'd prefer a coach with no previous ties to UConn as well (Unless TJ Weist makes an instant impression, provided him being named interim HC).

My not so scientific, but realistic, list of suggestions taken from this tread is as follows (In No Particular Order):

Name – Current position
Dave Clawson – HC Bowling Green
Pete Rossomondo – HC New Haven
Brent Venables - DC at Clemson
Mario Cristobal – OL Alabama
Pete Lembo – HC Ball State
TJ Weist - OC UConn
Scott Frost – OC Oregon
Pat Narduzzi – DC Michigan State – Turned down A&M
Mark D’Onofrio – DC Miami (FL)
Chad Morris – OC Clemson (Not much college experience. Is making $1.3 mil as an assistant)
Rob Amborse – HC Towson
Joe Morehead - HC Fordam

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

PASS! This guy was marched out of Knoxville in about 8 weeks for offensive ineptidude. I want some itching to rise, not someone that rose and was immediately struck down.

Reaction Score
The Dave Clawson rumor sounds like his agent trying to stir things up and nothing more.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Recruiting need to be part of the equation. Maybe not as big a deal when we were looking for Edsall's replacement, but we can't accept a guy who won't improve our recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom