My names | The Boneyard

My names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In no particular order. Not neccesarily who I want, but these will likely be the candidates.

Tom O'Brien-Kind of Meh... but he is a steady hand and knows how to win up here. He's been effective.

Rob Ambrose-We rejoiced when he left thinking he was the source of our offensive woes, (it was really the overly conservative style of his boss), but he took a school that was a weak sister CAA team and made it very competitive. He will know what it takes to get us competive again.

Chuck Priore-He's been too successful at Stony Brook to not be considered

Whipple-He always comes up.

Moorhead-He's been succesful at Fordham and is another guy who knows what it takes. Was loved by fans and players alike.

Weist-Still unproven but I think he will push hard for the job. He definitely has had a postive impact with the receivers.

Turner Gill-Not even remotely my favorite but he is connected with Warde. He will use his success at Buffalo to sell himself. I am worried he will get strong consideration.

Cristobal-Was successful at Rutgers but blew it at duckU. I could see him coming up.

There are definitely some strong coordinators at B1G Schools and a great offensive mind down at Louisville, but I think these guys will be out of reach for us once the chain reaction occurs. I think they will have better options.

My personal favorites at the moment are Ambrose and Moorhead.

Reaction Score
Add Pat Narduzzi from Mich State, Bob Diaco of ND, Mark D'Onofrio of Miami, Brent Venables and Chad Morris of Clemson, John McNulty of Tampa Bay to that list. I'm gonna go with Venables and D'Onofrio.

Reaction Score
Add Pat Narduzzi from Mich State, Bob Diaco of ND, Mark D'Onofrio of Miami, Brent Venables and Chad Morris of Clemson, John McNulty of Tampa Bay to that list. I'm gonna go with Venables and D'Onofrio.

I don't think we'll be able to compete for those guys. Hope I am wrong though.

Reaction Score

You guys really need to stop pining after high profile coordinators at big time schools making 7 figure salaries. They are not coming here.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I liked Moorhead's offensive style at Akron. Multiple sets, no huddle, always seemed to produce a 1,000 yard receiver. He did last year at Fordham too. I wish he had bene given a bit more freedom under Edsall.

Reaction Score
You guys really need to stop pining after high profile coordinators at big time schools making 7 figure salaries. They are not coming here.
who is on your list?

Reaction Score
The only one on that list who wouldn't get a $500,000+ raise if we paid new hc the same as what we P may be Morris. The rest of them would get at least $500,000.

Reaction Score
who is on your list?

Um, he didn't say he wouldn't take those guys, just that we're unlikely to get them. He's probably right, though I would add that I'd definitely be interested in Narduzzi and D'Onofrio if there was interest, despite concerns that D'Onofrio is an embodiment of the Peter Principle and really just living off of the success of his boss.

I do not want Diaco.

Reaction Score

I thought I made this clear in my orginal post. But it doesn't hurt that you reiterated it. I think those gentlemen will have better options but at the end of the day, it's on Warde to attract them.

I just see getting a high paid coordinator to come to mid major northern school to be a tough sell.

Reaction Score
Um, he didn't say he wouldn't take those guys, just that we're unlikely to get them. He's probably right.
I was really interested to see who would be on his list of names.....not trying to stir the pot what so ever. I am interested to see what everyone comes up with. I came up with my list because of my view on where as a fan I would like to see this program go. I am resigned to the fact that whom ever is hired if they turn this ship around will be gone in 3-4 years...and that if it doesn't get turned around there will be a bigger push to put football back to FCS level or dump it all together and make the Rent a nice option for a MLS team.

Reaction Score
No to O'Brien, Whipple, Christobal, and Gill. Unfortunately, for Weist, unless he is interim coach soon and proves himself, he won't stand a chance.

I am open to Ambrose, Moorhead, up and coming lower level head coaches or top coordinators.

Reaction Score
The only one on that list who wouldn't get a $500,000+ raise if we paid new hc the same as what we P may be Morris. The rest of them would get at least $500,000.

I don't have a list. It's not my job. But my list would include guys who we think we have a realistic chance of accepting the job. I would love Chad Morris. But assuming Morris had no other opportunities this year, I can't see him taking this job. If I'm Chad Morris, I'm waiting for an better opportunity and a bigger payday.

Reaction Score
I thought I made this clear in my orginal post. But it doesn't hurt that you reiterated it. I think those gentlemen will have better options but at the end of the day, it's on Warde to attract them.

I just see getting a high paid coordinator to come to mid major northern school to be a tough sell.
I see the league as being mid-major...but the on campus facility definitely is not (not too many better than what we have on the East Coast) and our stadium isn't really mid-major. It will all depend on how much Warde gets to pay the next coach amd his staff.

Reaction Score
I see the league as being mid-major...but the on campus facility definitely is not (not too many better than what we have on the East Coast) and our stadium isn't really mid-major. It will all depend on how much Warde gets to pay the next coach amd his staff.

We are resourced well, but the idiot in charge has dug a big hole.

Those guys you are mentioning will be asking for a ton of money. They will want high priced coaches and assistants as well. You have to look at the total cost.

Our facilities are top notch. Our ability to pay market price for the HC you are describing and a high dollar staff is in question however.

Reaction Score
Don't forget, for an up and coming coach, UConn is a great opportunity to win as the AAC is not too tough and you can parlay winning into a high profile opportunity. Too many of the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 jobs like Miss St, Wake Forest, Vandy, Minnesota, Indiana, Duke,.. Are dead end situations that typically don't lead to better opportunities in the future.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Don't forget, for an up and coming coach, UConn is a great opportunity to win as the AAC is not too tough and you can parlay winning into a high profile opportunity. Too many of the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 jobs like Miss St, Wake Forest, Vandy, Minnesota, Indiana, Duke,.. Are dead end situations that typically don't lead to better opportunities in the future.
I don't like to think of us as a stepping stone... but I'd trade my left nut to have Cinnci's track record with head coaching hires over the next decade.

Reaction Score
I would love if we are a stepping stone. That would mean we would be experiencing success in the short term.

One in the hand...

Reaction Score
uConn doesn't have to be a stepping stone. My point is that iti is not a dead end job, so it is attractive.

Reaction Score
No to O'Brien, Whipple, Christobal, and Gill. Unfortunately, for Weist, unless he is interim coach soon and proves himself, he won't stand a chance.

I am open to Ambrose, Moorhead, up and coming lower level head coaches or top coordinators.

What's your concern on Cristobal?

Reaction Score

I don't know, we can pay seven figures and a head coaching gig is the dream. Even if we're just a launch pad to a higher profile gig.

Reaction Score
I don't know, we can pay seven figures and a head coaching gig is the dream. Even if we're just a launch pad to a higher profile gig.

These type of guys turn down BCS head coaching jobs and they're going to consider a gig in Conf USA?

Reaction Score
Teams lose coaches and continue to win with solid staffs underneath. Not worried about a 3-5 year guy who may in fact position both himself and the program for a higher profile deal.

Reaction Score
What's your concern on Cristobal?

His last year at FIU and the train wreck that is happening this year, the year after he left are warning flags for me. I think he is a good recruiter and can be an asset to a coaching staff, but I am not sold on him as a head coach. Also, I don't think he will leave the Southeast.

Reaction Score
Teams lose coaches and continue to win with solid staffs underneath. Not worried about a 3-5 year guy who may in fact position both himself and the program for a higher profile deal.

If a guy really does well here and then truly moves up then it can work in our favor. There are stepping stones and then there are proven elevators. There are worse fates than a coach coming in an kicking butt and moving on, only to be followed by another kick butt coach.

In that regard, Hathaway kind of squandered what I call "The Edsall Dividend". He should have found an up and comer instead of retread.

Reaction Score
Any new coach has to bring "energy and hope". In other words, no retreads can be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom