My Heart Goes Out To BC.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My Heart Goes Out To BC....

Reaction Score
I presume you are joking.

Using that analogy, who will win more conference championships, Princeton or UConn?

We are in a very bad spot, financially. We are in a very bad spot from a recruiting and prestige perspective. We are in a bad conference- with no historic rivalries and little that excites the fanbase. We are seeing the results already, on the field and on the court. The P5 programs are on a deliberate course to destroy everyone else. We are being hurt, a lot. this is not sustainable.

No one could argue they'd rather win a conf championship and remain out of the P5. BC will turn it around one day, as will Rutgers. They'll have too much $$ to screw it up every year.
I was about to make an "AAC is not purgatory" post that would've gone something like this. Well said.

Reaction Score
You'd never know the teams are irrelevant from the ticket prices. I paid $400 for two tickets on StubHub for an anniversary gift for my husband, the ND fan. I told him I'll root for ND/against BC but I'm wearing my UConn sweatshirt. Let's see how that flies in Chestnut Hill.
I like your game plan. Tickets are what they are because they can get away with it for ND and they know the loving spouses of the die hard fans will boom up! ;)
I don't think you will have any problem with UConn garb at the game. Attended last years game and found the BC crowd to be very congenial. Actually upgraded our seats to an area surrounded by BC fans and not a problem.
At least your husband has his mind made up on his team loyalty. Our group has one that on a given weekend has to switch or cover his UConn tee under a ND sweatshirt while wearing a GO NAVY hat.....:D

Reaction Score
BC was very good in hoops under Davis and Williams and decent under Skinner. We were terrible until we hired JC. We only got him after BC turned him down twice.

Football is a southern game now and the northeast and Midwest have really struggled on the national stage. Without getting a P5 invite we are screwed and even with one things might not be much different. This is hockey country not football country!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I decided to wear the UConn women 4 consecutive championship shirt. The Huskies knocked ND out of the tourney 3 of the 4 years. I might be cheering for them today but, hey, Notre Dame.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom