My comp for Castle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My comp for Castle

Reaction Score
are we assuming castle is growing 2 inches and gaining 20 lbs?

butler was a score-first SF/stretch 4. castle is going to be a defense-first SG his first couple years at least. i could see him playing a role like Jrue Holiday is on the celtics since he's no longer the primary ball handler.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was thinking yao ming
@huskiesNhoos =

Stevie Wonder Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
I think he has real point guard skills. But at uconn he’s not ball dominant so we don’t really see it. Maybe he is a later blooming version of Cade on offense in the nba.

Reaction Score
are we assuming castle is growing 2 inches and gaining 20 lbs?

butler was a score-first SF/stretch 4. castle is going to be a defense-first SG his first couple years at least. i could see him playing a role like Jrue Holiday is on the celtics since he's no longer the primary ball handler.
Caron was basically 6'6"(he measured 6'5.25" w/o shoes pre-draft), he was as prototypical a wing as it gets, not a stretch 4.

Reaction Score
Caron was basically 6'6"(he measured 6'5.25" w/o shoes pre-draft), he was as prototypical a wing as it gets, not a stretch 4.
Then he grew cuz He was 6’7 230. He averaged 6+ rebs several seasons if he was playing today he’d be a 3/4 tweener. He was as big as guys like kawhi, Tobias Harris, Tatum, Kuzma, Kuminga, PJ Washington etc who are all starting PFs.

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Brandon Roy with better knees and defense. 6'6", 211 lbs. Game never seems fast or rushed, poised, always in control, strong, good handles, good passing. Roy's defense was fine for a guy with no knee cartilage but Castle's is going to be elite.

Reaction Score
Brandon Roy with better knees and defense. 6'6", 211 lbs. Game never seems fast or rushed, poised, always in control, strong, good handles, good passing. Roy's defense was fine for a guy with no knee cartilage but Castle's is going to be elite.
Getting closer. Roy was also more explosive up the floor with the ball in his hands. Also more polished offensively, but he also played all 4 years.

Reaction Score
Tyrese Halliburton. Passed by a bunch of teams because he wasn't terribly athletic and had a funky shot.. Their are 11 teams who passed on him and kicking themselves in the butt. Castle a little bigger but athletically similar. Could have the same NBA arc.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
At Castle's age Caron was in hs though. Next season, I could easily see Castle having a similar season as Caron's freshman year if he stayed.
And let’s not forget that Castle missed nearly 2 months at the beginning of the season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He really reminds me of that UConn great Stephon Castle. Fortunately, nobody like him before or after.

I hate these comps except maybe to skills. Hawkins curling off screens catching elevating reminds me of Rip. Castle looks a little like Caron when attacking the rim, but that's where that comp ends for me.

Reaction Score
Been on the SGA train since before he got to uconn. Those highlights were all about his midrange game which I think will return as a huge part of his game in the pros.

That said, I see a lot of validity in the Brandon Roy comps too.

Reaction Score
I see Darius Garland, young Jrue Holiday.

Kid is going to be a very good pro. Seems like a future 20+ game lead guard in pros, eventually.

Reaction Score
It's Jimmy Butler and nothing else.
butler was the heat's primary PF in the nba finals last year. castle is more likely to play PG than PF. but that's why i like the jrue holiday comp. i think of him as a mini butler. castle is somewhere in between. he should play as an off-ball guard capable of scoring around the rim. needs to work on his 3. will be an elite defender.

Reaction Score
butler was the heat's primary PF in the nba finals last year. castle is more likely to play PG than PF. but that's why i like the jrue holiday comp. i think of him as a mini butler. castle is somewhere in between.
That’s 12 years into the league Jimmy Butler. And he doesn’t play the 4 on offense regardless.

Reaction Score
That’s 12 years into the league Jimmy Butler. And he doesn’t play the 4 on offense regardless.
so what, giannis mobley, and maybe towns are the only starting PFs that do play the 4 on offense. otherwise it's 1 in 5 out. Tatum, Randle, Kawhi, Harris, Butler, Durant, etc are all stretch 4s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom