My comp for Castle | Page 4 | The Boneyard

My comp for Castle

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He certainly could in the NBA if needed. I mean, Josh Hart has played the 4 for the Knicks and Steph has almost 3 inches on him. Again, the NBA is virtually positionless, at least the good teams are.

Stewie has stepped up defensively, that’s why Steph doesn’t have to play the 4 much on D anymore. But he absolutely could, and defended very well when he did.

There are really only a few 4’s in the league that I would say have a significant advantage over him when he would check them defensively.
Don’t really see him on Homgren or Wemby. Even Horford would destroy him. He wasn’t good guarding 4s. He was ok. The idea is it is just for a moment In a good defense.

Reaction Score
Don’t really see him on Homgren or Wemby. Even Horford would destroy him. He wasn’t good guarding 4s. He was ok. The idea is it is just for a moment In a good defense.
Well Chet starts at the 5 so no issue there. He wouldn’t be guarding Wemby regardless and Horford rarely starts, and usually plays the 5 when he is on the court. So those are matchups you just really wouldn’t see.

Reaction Score
Jimmy was not a PF in college. Do some research.
lol. jimmy started at CENTER for marquette as a sophmore and at POWER FORWARD as a junior

09-10: david cubillan / johnson odom / maurice aker / lazar hayward / JIMMY BUTLER
10-11: dwight buycks / johnson odom / jae crowder / JIMMY BUTLER / chris otule

i'm sure you'll try to come up with a way to explain this away too

Reaction Score
lol. jimmy started at CENTER for marquette as a sophmore and at POWER FORWARD as a junior

09-10: david cubillan / johnson odom / maurice aker / lazar hayward / JIMMY BUTLER
10-11: dwight buycks / johnson odom / jae crowder / JIMMY BUTLER / chris otule

i'm sure you'll try to come up with a way to explain this away too
Lazar Hayward played more down low than Jimmy did lol.

Crowder played PF. He is literally listed as a forward while Jimmy was listed as a guard. Again, look it up.

It’s really easy to go on Basketballreference and see the main positions players play.

Reaction Score
Lazar Hayward played more down low than Jimmy did lol.

Crowder played PF. He is literally listed as a forward while Jimmy was listed as a guard. Again, look it up.

It’s really easy to go on Basketballreference and see the main positions players play.
so jimmy was still PF as a soph then... and if you looked it up youd know jae only started 17 games and vander blue started 12 who was another guard, meaning jimmy at least started those games at PF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so jimmy was still PF as a soph then... and if you looked it up youd know jae only started 17 games and vander blue started 12 who was another guard. meaning jimmy started at PF. i watched the games too bro.
Marquette was also incredibly perimeter oriented because they were always the smallest team on the court. Literally just look at Basketball Reference to see what position Jimmy ended up playing the first 10 years of his NBA career. It spells it out for you.

Reaction Score
Marquette was also incredibly perimeter oriented because they were always the smallest team on the court. Literally just look at Basketball Reference to see what position Jimmy ended up playing the first 10 years of his NBA career. It spells it out for you.
i said modern day 3/4s all have guard skills. i never said butler could ONLY play stretch 4. everyone knows butler has started at SG/SF/PF and that is why he's not a good comp for castle. castle might never start a game at the 4 so there have to be better comps. if i ever see castle starting a game at PF in the nba even if it takes 12 years i'll give you a shoutout.

Reaction Score
i never said butler could ONLY play stretch 4. i said modern day 3/4s all have guard skills. everyone knows butler has started at SG/SF/PF. but that is why he's not a good comp for castle because castle might never start a game at the 4. if i ever see castle starting a game at PF in the nba even if it takes 12 years i'll give you a shoutout.
And what i’m saying is why not? Again, Jimmy didn’t start playing some 4 WELL into his NBA career. It’s naive to project one way or another that way. But, Steph is pretty much the same size, equal athletically and projects to be a great defender in his own right. Just because Steph has more refined playmaking skills earlier in his career doesn’t mean he can’t play multiple roles.

Reaction Score
He’s new Age Ron Harper. Don’t realize how good he is oversized PG but not traditional. Very Similar to Harper in his rookie season.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Stewie reminds me of Caron.
Maybe slightly smaller Evan turner with better shooting mechanics for Steph?
Agree with Stewie displaying shades of Caron.

Jimmy Butler and Steph Castle have so many similarities, it’s an easy comp to see.

Been saying both of these since either player committed.

I also admittedly saw some Paul Pierce in Stewie’s game from his HS highlights and full game footage.

Reaction Score
Caron Butler. 6-7, 220. Castle 6-6.5. Caron was older at UConn. And in two years (in the NBA) Castle could be a Butler clone. A monster driving to the basket, collecting fouls. Tough rebounder. All that's missing is the three point shot and you can hear it coming like a freight train.

I should have seen it sooner. In my defense I'm old.
He reminds me of DWade. Maybe not as explosive an athlete but his build, the way he drives but not as explosive an athlete. But again im terrible at comparisons. I once compared Daniels to Tracy McGrady. :/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom