Mushnick of NY Post:Ct Taxpayers/others worried about Ollies grammar | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Mushnick of NY Post:Ct Taxpayers/others worried about Ollies grammar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wrote this in the "response to this " thread, but wanted to put here too. I just wrote to this (normally I don't) because I want his day to start off on a negative note tomorrow morning...

As a UCONN alum, I couldn't disagree with you more about your ill-advised jab at Kevin Ollie's language usage (I am also a Connecticut taxpayer). Kevin Ollie is LOVED by his school, the state of Connecticut (and surrounding areas of UCONN fans), and UCONN alumni for the very qualities that makes him an outstanding coach but you are too dense, or racist (or both), to understand. His high intelligence, work ethic, dedication to his profession, and genuine love for UCONN is exactly what makes Kevin Ollie a top coach and UCONN restored as a blueblood, elite basketball program.

You can't find one person, other than yourself, who has one bad thing to say about Kevin Ollie. The man has integrity (something you seriously lack) and honesty that is refreshing in the landscape of corrupt college athletics. UCONN's APR ban, for instance, came as a result of retroactively applying newly adopted graduation performance standards. While UCONN received a harsh penalty, schools like North Carolina (who engaged in egregious acts of academic fraud but was never penalized because the NCAA deemed that "because (the fake classes) was offered to all student athletes, it was 'fair'". Kevin Ollie, of course, had nothing to do with the 2008-09 team that failed to meet the later-adopted APR guidelines. But what Kevin Ollie did have something to do with was restoring pride in a university, valuing academics every bit as much as athletics, during a time when the program paid this senseless penalty from the NCAA.

I can't help but think that your outdated, ill-conceived, and incredibly off-based opinion isn't a racist remark cloaked behind these fictional "concerned Connecticut taxpayers". The way someone speaks is their own right, afforded to them by the laws of our Constitution, and is in no way a reflection of their intelligence. Communication, after all, is used as a means to exchange ideas, emotions/feelings, and opinions to another person. Effective communication can be measured by how well the audience received and practiced the ideas, emotion, and opinions of the speaker. Intelligent communication is knowing how to best reach your audience. If using smoke signals, morse code, or hand signals is needed to best relay a message, then so be it. But UCONN fans and alumni, Connecticut taxpayers, and every other rational person already knew that. Perhaps, one day, you will too so that you can write something of value. Frankly, I am shocked that any publication would allow their columnists to have (and express) such outdated and racially motivated opinions such as yours.

Kevin Ollie has more intelligence in his pinky finger than you do in your racist body. For that reason (amongst MANY more), UCONN students, alumni, fans and donors (including state taxpayers) couldn't be any prouder to have Kevin Ollie lead our basketball program and serve as a representative of our prestigious university.

You are a disgrace.

Dooley

Reaction Score
When Kevin Ollie and his coaching staff walk out to the court at Gampel and going by the student section get the great ovation they get which spreads to the rest of Gampel, well there is one of the best moments of going to a game at Gampel and the answer to Mushnicks column. We are UConn and I'm proud to have Kevin and his staff represent us.

Reaction Score
It's funny. As soon as Kentucky and UConn secured their spot in the title game, I said to myself, "this is gonna be a rough couple days for old, self-righteous sports writers".

I can't wait to see some of the columns tomorrow about how UConn and Kentucky are making a mockery of amateurism.

Reaction Score
Let Mushnick go. Maybe Coach Cal planted idea with him-maybe not. The more time spent on his clear idiocy gives him what he wants-visibility.

Mark my words: Mushnick will regret he wrote this nonsense. He will rue the day. And you know why? Because Kevin Ollie is such a class act, talent and incredibly well-spoken...............MUshnick will realize he is way way off the mark. Don't look back Coach Ollie......you don't need to waste time on this ankle-biter.

Reaction Score
Wow and I thought this group tried to beat me up.

WTF is so wrong with KO just being himself and being the coach and man that he is. Who the duckk cares about the way he speaks in public. This guy is full of class, and the way he speaks or presents himself is no reflection on how the community, fans or administration feels about this man.

I want to see my glasses again. Please change them to sun glasses

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wrote this in the "response to this " thread, but wanted to put here too. I just wrote to this (normally I don't) because I want his day to start off on a negative note tomorrow morning...

As a UCONN alum, I couldn't disagree with you more about your ill-advised jab at Kevin Ollie's language usage (I am also a Connecticut taxpayer). Kevin Ollie is LOVED by his school, the state of Connecticut (and surrounding areas of UCONN fans), and UCONN alumni for the very qualities that makes him an outstanding coach but you are too dense, or racist (or both), to understand. His high intelligence, work ethic, dedication to his profession, and genuine love for UCONN is exactly what makes Kevin Ollie a top coach and UCONN restored as a blueblood, elite basketball program.

You can't find one person, other than yourself, who has one bad thing to say about Kevin Ollie. The man has integrity (something you seriously lack) and honesty that is refreshing in the landscape of corrupt college athletics. UCONN's APR ban, for instance, came as a result of retroactively applying newly adopted graduation performance standards. While UCONN received a harsh penalty, schools like North Carolina (who engaged in egregious acts of academic fraud but was never penalized because the NCAA deemed that "because (the fake classes) was offered to all student athletes, it was 'fair'". Kevin Ollie, of course, had nothing to do with the 2008-09 team that failed to meet the later-adopted APR guidelines. But what Kevin Ollie did have something to do with was restoring pride in a university, valuing academics every bit as much as athletics, during a time when the program paid this senseless penalty from the NCAA.

I can't help but think that your outdated, ill-conceived, and incredibly off-based opinion isn't a racist remark cloaked behind these fictional "concerned Connecticut taxpayers". The way someone speaks is their own right, afforded to them by the laws of our Constitution, and is in no way a reflection of their intelligence. Communication, after all, is used as a means to exchange ideas, emotions/feelings, and opinions to another person. Effective communication can be measured by how well the audience received and practiced the ideas, emotion, and opinions of the speaker. Intelligent communication is knowing how to best reach your audience. If using smoke signals, morse code, or hand signals is needed to best relay a message, then so be it. But UCONN fans and alumni, Connecticut taxpayers, and every other rational person already knew that. Perhaps, one day, you will too so that you can write something of value. Frankly, I am shocked that any publication would allow their columnists to have (and express) such outdated and racially motivated opinions such as yours.

Kevin Ollie has more intelligence in his pinky finger than you do in your racist body. For that reason (amongst MANY more), UCONN students, alumni, fans and donors (including state taxpayers) couldn't be any prouder to have Kevin Ollie lead our basketball program and serve as a representative of our prestigious university.

You are a disgrace.

Dooley

Mr LaMar, you use your tongue prettier than a $20....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom