Reaction Score
Dec 1 Depaul at Gampel
Dec 4 Texas at Mohegan Sun
Dec 7 ND at ND
Dec 11 @ Kansas State
Dec 19 Ohio St at IL Center
Dec 21 @ Nebraska
Dec 29 @ Maryland
As terrifying as this is, there are 3 very important helpful considerations.
1. UConn plays home twice (if you include playing at Geno's restaurant franchise on Dec 4) before traveling to ND. That gives a lot more practice time and rest.
2 & 3. Full weeks off before Ohio State and Maryland.
In fact, what might be the "trap" game is going to Nebraska directly after OSU.

Reaction Score
After the Thanksgiving break.

Nov 29 Chattaanooga
then it starts

Dec 1 Depaul at Gampel
Dec 7 ND at ND
Dec 11 @ Kansas State
Dec 21 @ Nebraska
Dec 29 @ Maryland

A December to Remember.
........ I
As terrifying as this is, there are 3 very important helpful considerations.
1. UConn plays home twice (if you include playing at Geno's restaurant franchise on Dec 4) before traveling to ND. That gives a lot more practice time and rest.
2 & 3. Full weeks off before Ohio State and Maryland.
We'll strike them all out Tony.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
When the Huskies arrive in South Bend, they will be battle-hardened. ND, on the other hand, will have fattened on CMU, Fordham, Green Bay, Washington, ULL, TCU, Iowa and Valparaiso. Gotta like our chances!

Reaction Score
IMO I think they can win all 7 if we stay healthy! This group is very close knit and seem willing individually to do anything that will benefit the whole team!
They also realize that each game could have a different player lead the way so they better be ready if it's their turn to lead!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Nov 29 Chattaanooga
then it starts

Dec 1 Depaul at Gampel
Dec 7 ND at ND
Dec 11 @ Kansas State
Dec 21 @ Nebraska
Dec 29 @ Maryland

A December to Remember.

We got 'em right where we want 'em! They can't possibly get away! ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think all these games are winnable.

The tough ones:
DePaul - they always come at us. Doug know Geno all too well. A barnburner coming!
ND - its another one of those teams that play us tough every time. But are they as good a advertised?
Maryland - toughest game we had last year. Can they put it all together? Not sure Brenda can.

Texas and Ohio State don't worry me so much. Texas has height but they are slow. Baylor had height too. We know that outcome. Ohio State has Mitchell and that's their plus and minus. Until OSU stops relying on Mitchell so much, they are vulnerable. Slow down Mitchell and OSU will sputter.

Anyway you look at it, its going to be an exciting, nail biting stretch!

Reaction Score

Nov 29 Chattaanooga
then it starts

Dec 1 Depaul at Gampel
Dec 7 ND at ND
Dec 11 @ Kansas State
Dec 21 @ Nebraska
Dec 29 @ Maryland

A December to Remember.

Not worried. Especially if UCONN plays the way they're capable of.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I am in sort of serene place at this point.

The Baylor game may have provided our toughest opponent
Last night, the team began to have a familiar look about it, as compared to previous season's.

When the various cell-phones in Geno's pocket began jingling (off the hook...?) last spring and summer;
Our various opponents assumed that our young uns would be (relatively) easy pickings; finally...at last;
a great chance to get a "W" over UCONN on the resume.

Well, it turns out, it's not going to be so easy.
Methinks, the pressure is on them: ND, Maryland, South Carolina and the like....maybe their last chance this decade. and they know it.

And all of a sudden, they have to prepare as if their life depended on it...maybe it does.

I love the chip on the shoulders of this year's team, they're playing to prove the essential point....that they belong.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I remember a few years ago when ND lost a group of great players and came back to loose only to UConn until the NCAA finals when they lost again. This team makes me think we have a very good shot of going undefeated again and next year....well if healthy it could be a lock. That would be pretty amazin. This season we graduated the BIG 3 and now were left with the 5 Amazins.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Lots of bravado in this thread ... what happens if they (gasp) lose a game. Or a few.

Reaction Score
I feel sorry for the opposition :cool:

Could not have said it better. This is what great teams want, tough competition. This way when folks start crying say "UConn had an easy path" Our schedule will say otherwise.

Reaction Score
Lots of bravado in this thread ... what happens if they (gasp) lose a game. Or a few.

Then we lose a game or a few. What matters most is, facing such a tough schedule develops a team's chemistry. Shows who has the "stones" for battle when the heat gets tough later in games or the season. Lastly, it helps with recruiting. Players see that we are not ducking anyone or team. We love a challenge. Go, Huskies!!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Then we lose a game or a few. What matters most is, facing such a tough schedule develops a team's chemistry. Shows who has the "stones" for battle when the heat gets tough later in games or the season. Lastly, it helps with recruiting. Players see that we are not ducking anyone or team. We love a challenge. Go, Huskies!!

Best reaction. But I'm sure the tone among some BYers won't be so rational.

HGN

Reaction Score
Paco , Nothing will happen.....I don't think any WCBB team will go undefeated this weird season. Someone has already stated a key factor.....Uconn staying healthy. If the Huskies can stay healthy and have all 10 players available , these dogs have a chance to practically mush thru the table with a few bumps along the way. Certainly the roughest OOC schedule I have seen in recent years of any team. But so far , so good.

GO HUSKIES !!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Yea they could loose a few. I would not be suprised by a loss at ND but I don't anticipate it. I don't anticate a loss to Maryland but they worry me a lot. In this stretch the one I fear the most is DePaul. They can go on a 3 point shooting run and keep it going.

Reaction Score
I think all these games are winnable.

The tough ones:
DePaul - they always come at us. Doug know Geno all too well. A barnburner coming!
ND - its another one of those teams that play us tough every time. But are they as good a advertised?
Maryland - toughest game we had last year. Can they put it all together? Not sure Brenda can.

Texas and Ohio State don't worry me so much. Texas has height but they are slow. Baylor had height too. We know that outcome. Ohio State has Mitchell and that's their plus and minus. Until OSU stops relying on Mitchell so much, they are vulnerable. Slow down Mitchell and OSU will sputter.

Anyway you look at it, its going to be an exciting, nail biting stretch!
\

OSU is a good basketball team. While Mitchell is the center of their offense they also have Mavunga (12.7 pts, 11rbs) from ND and Calhoun (14 pts, .407 3pt%) from Duke. That will be a tough game on the road.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While it is certainly possible for UConn to run the table, I worry about our depth. Against top 10 opposition, I think UConn is the core 4 + Danger, with maybe a few minutes from Chong & Butler. Got to stay away from foul trouble & injuries.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with you, and a lot of others in this thread. UCONN looked much better vs. Baylor than vs. FSU - that's a testament to hard work, great coaching, great players, great chemistry, great team play, AND great adjustments/improvements. This team is finding their way.

But the 3rd quarter vs. Dayton was forgettable. Sort of surprising given Geno's half time comments, so you know he discussed stuff in the locker room. This team will not generally blow out other good teams. But I think for all the reasons, we are good enough as a whole to be competitive in any game, and that gives us a chance to win it down the stretch like we did against Baylor. And you know our depth is not overly strong.

I was one of the fans who predicted that we'd have LOSSES (as in several) this season. The Baylor win really surprised me. But I could easily see us losing to a few other teams this season including Maryland and Notre Dame. The funny thing is our guard oriented play is very similar to ND's this year. Will be interesting to see which team executes it better.

Last note - to me, Crystal is far better so far than I anticipated. I knew she would be nothing like Moriah as a senior, but the fact that she comes to UCONN as a better scorer than Moriah at the same point in their careers, and already has tremendous instincts for passing and running the offense speaks volumes about how good she can be. I really believe she should be a starter and Saniya should come of the bench to spell her or Kia. I like Saniya much better as a 2 G anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom