Mumu = Boss in Nigerian | The Boneyard

Mumu = Boss in Nigerian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man y'all dnt even know what mumu means y'all not Nigerian - AO at 10:44 on twitter

Where I'm frm n Nigeria mumu means boss - AO at 10:52 on twitter

Good job trying to back track bro. Unfortunately, its too late. I google'd it for a little while. All I found was "" and "idiot".....Really hope he deletes his account and focuses on balling before its too late.....main stream media is going to pick up on this pretty soon would be my guess. Its a shame.....that was a great win tonight. Anytime you win in OT against a top 25 team it feels like a huge boost. Shame this drama has to taint it.

Reaction Score
We need Chuck to dramatically arrive at Gampel tomorrow and use his Nigerian roots to announce that "mumu" does in fact mean boss, thereby saving our season.

Reaction Score
If AO were more famous, this could start an awesome meme.

"Where I'm from in New Haven, cocksuck*** motherfu***** cu** means 'revered elementary school teacher.'"

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious this is just a failed attempt at damage control. You don't have to be Nigerian to know how to use Google.

For being the sole upperclassman and co-captain of this team, he really seems to be an immature kid with a piss-poor attitude. That being said, I really hope he turns it around because we need him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What happened to Charles? I checked the 2011 Training Camp roster for the Red Claws and his name wasn't on it.

Reaction Score
Keep posting turtles, maybe you'll be important some day!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What happened to Charles? I checked the 2011 Training Camp roster for the Red Claws and his name wasn't on it.
Nevermind, it looks like he's now with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis and Matt Norlander from CBS already picked up on it, not good:

ttNorlander Norlander, Matthew

Oriakhi's a smart, fun guy. I don't get this. RT @SethDavisHoops: Alex Oriakhi has again taken a shot at Calhoun http://sbn.to/tZwAfv

Reaction Score
Ugh. Probably inevitable, but still not something worth having to deal with. Tweeting after a frustrating game should be considered the equivalent of drunk dialing in front of millions of people. Just put away the phone.

Reaction Score
Ya know what Alex, if you don't like what is going on with your playing time, I have an idea for you....PLAY BETTER!

Reaction Score
Probablly not the first time one of the players cussed out their coach

Reaction Score
Probablly not the first time one of the players cussed out their coach
I'm pretty sure the last one to criticize Calhoun publicly was Jamal Coombs-McDaniel last year, again on Twitter. That didn't turn out well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, some of the hausfraus here need to get hobbies.

Who really gives a duck* what Alex wrote in his Twitter account. He hasn't said anything that every player who ever played for Jim Calhoun hasn't said at one time or another. The only difference is that technology has allowed him to say it in a forum where us nitwits can read it.

Calhoun will wipe this out by tomorrow, but we'll still be wringing our hands over it into the new year.

Reaction Score
Honestly, some of the hausfraus here need to get hobbies.

Who really gives a duck* what Alex wrote in his Twitter account. He hasn't said anything that every player who ever played for Jim Calhoun hasn't said at one time or another. The only difference is that technology has allowed him to say it in a forum where us nitwits can read it.

Calhoun will wipe this out by tomorrow, but we'll still be wringing our hands over it into the new year.
I agree with the general sentiment -- Khalid and Donny would have tweeted far worse -- but the point is that it's just something that not only us, but the Seth Davis's and Jay Bilas's will blow up into something much bigger than it is, and discuss whether "Alex has worked his way out of the Mumu House" in some random mid-February game.

They are 20 year old kids who do and say stupid * just like I did (and do), and just like 2o year olds will do ad infinitum. The point is that these kids have to treat Twitter as though it's an interview with CBS -- i.e., if you say dumb *, it will be on ESPN in 20 minutes. Either put down the phone or deal with the consequences -- this is 2011, and I'm thankful that I'm not a perfectly normal, impetuous 20 year old douchbag living during this period. I'd never get hired.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seth Davis can light his dick on fire outside of Gampel over this - who cares? It doesn't mean a blessed thing.

Oriakhi will have his Droid crammed up his ass as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

That ends it.

Everyone can tuck away the mock outrage for the next time some player rolls his eyes in the timeout huddle or refuses to high-five Kevin Ollie after he's been subbed out.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis can light his dick on fire outside of Gampel over this - who cares? It doesn't mean a blessed thing.

Oriakhi will have his Droid crammed up his ass as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

That ends it.

Everyone can tuck away the mock outrage for the next time some player rolls his eyes in the timeout huddle or refuses to high-five Kevin Ollie after he's been subbed out.
I do hope you're right that this ends as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

All I can say is that I'm happy that Twitter did not exist when I was 20-21. And, if it did, I'm happy that I sucked at basketball.

Reaction Score
just ban twitter, many teams have in college and pros..end of story

Reaction Score
Alex? Is that you??

Nah, I'm just a guy who got a great thrill from UConn winning the National Championship last year. Which wouldn't have happened without Alex Oriakhi.
So, I appreciate what the kid's given me.
You and I apparently don't have that in common - but I do sort of like turtles, so that's something.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do hope you're right that this ends as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

All I can say is that I'm happy that Twitter did not exist when I was 20-21. And, if it did, I'm happy that I sucked at basketball.

I assure you that at some point in the 1800's, some kid sent a Morse code message that had someone on the other end thinking, "jeez, this kid is a ." And I am sure you and I both used whatever we had available to let as many people as possible know that we had no idea what we were talking about.

End result has not changed - Alex's boss is about to blow him up. The only difference between now and the old timey days is that more people are aware of how badly Alex's Sunday morning is gonna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom