Mumu = Boss in Nigerian | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mumu = Boss in Nigerian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nah, I'm just a guy who got a great thrill from UConn winning the National Championship last year. Which wouldn't have happened without Alex Oriakhi.
So, I appreciate what the kid's given me.
You and I apparently don't have that in common - but I do sort of like turtles, so that's something.
I agree with you 100% on last year. I think that's the reason I'm so confused as to why he is acting like he is. He is the captain of the team. Captain's should lead by example and not complain to the world about his playing time and how his coach (hall of famer) is an idiot who should know better than to only play him 10 minutes. I want him to do well and every time I see a new tweet pop up from him, I cringe a little bit from the potential hole he is creating for himself. Maybe he should pull an Ochocinco and impose a 2 week personal ban on twitter while he focuses 100% on just doing his job and getting us that next trophy.......

Reaction Score
Geno banned the women from using Twitter during the season. Jim should do the same. Though knowing him, he'll encourage even more Twitter usage just to spite Geno.

Reaction Score
I assure you that at some point in the 1800's, some kid sent a Morse code message that had someone on the other end thinking, "jeez, this kid is a ." And I am sure you and I both used whatever we had available to let as many people as possible know that we had no idea what we were talking about.

End result has not changed - Alex's boss is about to blow him up. The only difference between now and the old timey days is that more people are aware of how badly Alex's Sunday morning is gonna go.
Err, right. The point is the number of people who would be aware of it. You know, Gutenberg and stuff. Even predates the Jacksonian age.

Reaction Score
This is all irrelevant because I'm pretty sure "mumu" means something cow-related. I heard it in some "Old MacDonald" song about a farm or something.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with you, except that if you cringe - then don't post it here. Let someone else be that guy.

Reaction Score
Err, right. The point is the number of people who would be aware of it. You know, Gutenberg and stuff. Even predates the Jacksonian age.

This is the twitter age. Millions of people are aware of what happens, but no one cares after 48 hours because there have been a billion other tweets since then.

Now, I do think that Seth Davis lighting his d*** on fire would get us some lengthier attention. But that would be well worth it.

Reaction Score
Mumu is what a fat woman wears as far as I know. Really fat.

Alex will be fine...

Reaction Score
Mumu is what a fat woman wears as far as I know. Really fat.

Alex will be fine...
homersimpsonmuumuu.jpg

Reaction Score
This is the twitter age. Millions of people are aware of what happens, but no one cares after 48 hours because there have been a billion other tweets since then.

Now, I do think that Seth Davis lighting his d*** on fire would get us some lengthier attention. But that would be well worth it.
I think Fishy's overall point is right; I'm really not even sure what I'm arguing at this point. I think I need more expensive scotch.

My only point was that it might be in Alex's interest to take a deep breath before tweeting some of this stuff. It's much more efficient to tell coach that he's a dic* face-to-face than write it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
He is free to sit and transfer. We have enough depth.
this is why Coach may be doing what he's doing... last year he NEEDED Alex, this year not so much!

Reaction Score
We need Alex. Even if you subscribe to the theory that Andre makes him expendable (which is silly), there's still next year to worry about. Unless he mentally checks out entirely, there will be days this year when Alex will be our best player on the floor. Or days when Andre and Alex play well together and we absolutely clobber a team in the paint.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Twitter = a vainglorious device to let the world know stupid * about yourself that used to be limited to your closest friends who even then, couldn't care less what you just did or how you feel about sliced bread. When it first came out, I signed up just to see what it was all about. When 3 besotted people signed up to follow me, I knew that Twitter was a bad idea whose time had come. But today's kids are conditioned to think the new technologies are the cat's meow, posting Youtubes of themselves assaulting other kids etc,. and AO, if he doesn't get that his tweets will soon be well known in the circles he shouldn't want to ever know about them - but maybe does - is just another good example of the same (lack of?) common sense.

But hey, I read this board, so, who am I to judge other people's common sense.

Reaction Score
I woke up this morning to read this entertaining news of Alex and his sister goin' bananas... just some more juice for us to win #4

Reaction Score
There is no excuse for Alex's actions. I get he's frustrated. He has been convinced all his life he was an NBA caliber player. It appears he's a pretty good player with limits. A role player. He doesn't see it that way. Not to completely defend Alex but he's been in and out of games so quickly this year it must be hard to get flow going.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
billhill, are you "turtles"?

or turtles, are you Billhill?

Reaction Score
Actually, Amy does a good job of showing that mumu can mean lots of things. I can think of some foreign words that don't translate precisely, nonsense words. But the rest of what she wrote reinforces that Alex is frustrated with Calhoun. As if that's a surprise.

I wouldn't read too much into mumu.

Reaction Score
Actually, Amy does a good job of showing that mumu can mean lots of things. I can think of some foreign words that don't translate precisely, nonsense words. But the rest of what she wrote reinforces that Alex is frustrated with Calhoun. As if that's a surprise.

I wouldn't read too much into mumu.

I don't know Amy and I don't care what "mumu" means at this point. The main concern is Alex came into 2012-13 ready to play and seemingly believes last years ring owes him something. Has never been and will never be the case at UConn. He has not rebounded at all like he can, he has not worked on defense like a man who knows he needs to play every play hard and he didn't get better offensively mainly because his hands are not very good - make them better/softer with jugs maching or something, don't accept the fact you don't have great hands and Shabazz shouldn't be throwing those passes to you.

For now he has made his own bed and he's napping. If he wants to sleep for along time he can just keep tweeting ridiculous stuff or he can work his ass off to get his minutes back. Quite honestly I believe he will and he needs to and the Huskies need him to. That many minutes from Tyler will prove to be bad and Andre will be in foul trouble way too much. He canbe a force but that's up to him....may need to take some lumps now because of his own wrong doings!!

Reaction Score
I don't know Amy and I don't care what "mumu" means at this point. The main concern is Alex came into 2012-13 ready to play and seemingly believes last years ring owes him something. Has never been and will never be the case at UConn. He has not rebounded at all like he can, he has not worked on defense like a man who knows he needs to play every play hard and he didn't get better offensively mainly because his hands are not very good - make them better/softer with jugs maching or something, don't accept the fact you don't have great hands and Shabazz shouldn't be throwing those passes to you.

For now he has made his own bed and he's napping. If he wants to sleep for along time he can just keep tweeting ridiculous stuff or he can work his ass off to get his minutes back. Quite honestly I believe he will and he needs to and the Huskies need him to. That many minutes from Tyler will prove to be bad and Andre will be in foul trouble way too much. He canbe a force but that's up to him....may need to take some lumps now because of his own wrong doings!!

It's a good life lesson for him. He now has competition. Hopefully he rises to the occasion. Last year's team there was no choice but to wait for Oriakhi to come around, and he did. This year there's a competition.

Actually, I think Oriakhi is already doing himself a great disservice by complaining because it seems to me that Olander sort of plateaued against FSU (and I'm not talking about his shooting). Oriakhi had the perfect opportunity to assert himself at PF over the last couple days, and instead he was whining. Earlier Olander was playing gangbusters with great hustle and enthusiasm, but going forward I think the team needs more than what Olander is giving them at that position.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know Nigerian, and even if it means idiot to the majority of Nigerians, that may not be what it means in the region/tribe Alex's parents come from. Languages are strange things like that.

Reaction Score
I don't know Nigerian, and even if it means idiot to the majority of Nigerians, that may not be what it means in the region/tribe Alex's parents come from. Languages are strange things like that.

I know a few swear words that mean multiple things at the same time, from fool, to dope, to clown, more negative graphic stuff. Same word, but doesn't have a specific meaning. All depends on the tone of voice when used.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis can light his dick on fire outside of Gampel over this - who cares? It doesn't mean a blessed thing.

Oriakhi will have his Droid crammed up his ass as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

That ends it.

Everyone can tuck away the mock outrage for the next time some player rolls his eyes in the timeout huddle or refuses to high-five Kevin Ollie after he's been subbed out.
bingo.
If you want all happiness and bunny rabbits then follow rat face and dook. JC is JC. He does what he does for a reason. Alex is a captain- he has not played well so far and really their is not much you can say about it because he should be beating the crap out of the teams we have played like a baby seal.
If is not going to get any easier in the NBA or Europe if that is where AO wants to make his $$$$. I personally think he will be fine- he seems to go into these funks where he just can not get it together - then the light goes on and he is a man among boys.

Reaction Score
There's been some bottled up unhappiness at Duke, too, but they do keep it under wraps. A fair number of Burger Boys have gone there and not developed or seen minutes limited. Chris Burgess was a famous example, but that was a while ago.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis ca

Oriakhi will have his Droid crammed up his ass as soon as he gets to practice tomorrow.

That ends it.

Everyone can tuck away the mock outrage for the next time some player rolls his eyes in the timeout huddle or refuses to high-five Kevin Ollie after he's been subbed out.
Good grief!! Five pages on what a 20 year old said while in a snit. Even if Calhoun doesn't deposit Alex's phone where Fishy suggested, AO is going to wish he did because it would hurt a whole helluva lot less than what he is going to endure while occupying the Antric Kaliber doghouse from h e l l.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Good grief!! Five pages on what a 20 year old said while in a snit. Even if Calhoun doesn't deposit Alex's phone where Fishy suggested, AO is going to wish he did because it would hurt a whole helluva lot less than what he is going to endure while occupying the Antric Kaliber doghouse from h e l l.

Would you say that Fishy is our Mumu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul