Multiple Sources: ACC wants UConn if expands to16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Multiple Sources: ACC wants UConn if expands to16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, look it up Waylon. You couldn't push Comcast hard enough. I could not have stated more times that not being on ESPN would kill the conference because that is where people go looking for sports. But you remember it however you want. Hopefully you remember it better than your posts in this thread about how much better service academies are than Pitt and Syracuse.
I remember you saying this.

Yet another instance where Marinatto dropped the ball. He was like a kid in a candy shop announcing how excited it was going to be for the Big East to take their television rights on the open market. He has no negotiating ability whatsoever. He should have come and said something along the lines, "ESPN made us fine offer, however as we are looking at some exciting changes happening in our conference and in a short time we think ESPN will agree our product is worth more. ESPN has been a great partner to us, and we look forward to continuing that relationship."

Would it have worked? Probably not, but there is a reason Jim Delaney told Marinatto that he "needs to learn to think strategically". I'm sure Delany saw Marinatto's rant about Television contracts and open market and shook his head, and did a face palm.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yep. It's my fault this happened. Take an ambien and go to bed.

Pretty funny for you. I'll give you cridit... You have the rare ability to play both sides of the fence and still be wrong. Cant wait to see the formulas without WVU and Louisville.

Reaction Score
I think the departure of Syracuse demonstrates that sentimentality is not at play here.

It’s not about who speak the loudest but who matter the most in the league.

The question is still the same whether Notre Dame stay behind in the Big East or not when UConn, SU and Pitt are not there. I believe they will not.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. I think ESPN keeps UCONN to the ACC bubbling but I'm not sure why. Assuming you are right, do you think if the B12 drafts Ville and WVU that ESPN will let UCONN sink into the abyss or try to get the ACC to take us? UCONN provides lots of good tv.

Easy, ESPN will own rights to show ACC basketball. Something it can't say for the BE. And let's be honest...over the past few years, most of the headline games ESPN has shown has featured BE teams. Oh...and about televising the BE conference....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom