Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I liked this--nice information---as for Baby Mabrey--she'll move into starting if not soon, but not very late--the kid is a shooter and no fear. Keep track of those Pine Barrens Devils and keep us up to date--or are you keeping these secrets for ND??

Nah.... Can't say I have a direct line into MM and Niele Ivey's offices anyway ;)
Like to discuss good WBB players I/we see at any level and get feedback. In particular, at the holiday tournaments and Division/county and, of course, the state tournaments. Have had some fine give and take on this board about metro NY talent and beyond. Looking forward to it again. Besides, I think the cat is out of the bag with both Baby Mabrey and Faith! :oops:

Reaction Score
Nah.... Can't say I have a direct line into MM and Niele Ivey's offices anyway ;)
Like to discuss good WBB players I/we see at any level and get feedback. In particular, at the holiday tournaments and Division/county and, of course, the state tournaments. Have had some fine give and take on this board about metro NY talent and beyond. Looking forward to it again. Besides, I think the cat is out of the bag with both Baby Mabrey and Faith! :oops:
Hope I didn't infer that you had a pipe line to MM or Neiles anymore than I have one to Geno or Christine---although at one time--even Geno answered Emails--

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hope I didn't infer that you had a pipe line to MM or Neiles anymore than I have one to Geno or Christine---although at one time--even Geno answered Emails--

No worries, you didn't. Actually, Muffet does send some notes back (albeit not on e-mail) and is always quite pleasant when I see her on campus. My main point there is it's interesting -- and fun (I hope) -- to discuss up and coming players.
Heck, it is a game we're watching, right?

Reaction Score
No worries, you didn't. Actually, Muffet does send some notes back (albeit not on e-mail) and is always quite pleasant when I see her on campus. My main point there is it's interesting -- and fun (I hope) -- to discuss up and coming players.
Heck, it is a game we're watching, right?

You just defined Sherri Coale--when I write to her (infrequently)--she answers in person with a nice note. The few times I met her at OU she was a nice person who is very approachable.
With you discussing everything is fun--You are factual and take no offense to pro Uconn comments (regardless of how over the top I may be).. Thank you As I said before---Hal A LOU ya, you get it brother!!!

Reaction Score
Southbend - hate to burst your little bubble but it's an ESPN board that covers teams and matchups. It is not ND's board. Aad this fact has been posted many times over on the ESPN boards.

And just to remind you, there are very nasty ND posters over there. A few have been banned. So don't go bragging too much.[/QUOTE Iv been on them boards for years and the only nasty poster is Gary Davis and i get on him all the time for being a disgrace to N.D. Bragging lol? Where was i bragging ? I recall saying i welcomed U Conn fans on a board where N.D. is playing because we dont have very many posters. But several claim they stop posting because U Conn fans take over every board. Like i said i dont have a problem with them. matter of fact iv been told by N.D. fans that im to close to the enemy. Its funny how people twist things.

Reaction Score
So that Texas A&M team that spanked ND for a National Championship in 2011, how many HS All-American did Texas A&M have on that team?
Typical for you to turn it into a Notre Dame thing. What else is new. I have no idea. But i know N.D. only had one . Where was U Conn at that year? Who did they lose to?

Reaction Score
You are wasting your time----I'd say more but I don't want to offend the intelligent ND posters on the Boneyard. But of course next year Uconn will have 10 (Ten) or 12 (twelve) All Americans on the UCWBB team!!! Like always!!
So where do you think U Conn is ranked in the last 20 years as far as what school had the most All Americans on their team ?

Reaction Score
I get your point but no matter how good the talent is, to win for NC's four years in a row is a pretty astounding accomplishment.....plenty of teams will have multiple All Americans and never sniff a national championship once.....you'll see that very thing happen this year
I agree 4 years is amazing. Of course you need coaching to . But when you have all the tools you need it makes it that much easier. Look at Notre Dame. They hardly had any All Americans before Diggins and they were a descent team but no where near to what they are now. Yes they find a way to lose the big one.But all the conference titles , Final Fours and multiple title game appearances. If U Conn wasn't in the way they might have 2 or 3 more titles. As for you thinking a team with multiple All Americans wont win it this year i disagree. I think every team ranked in the top 7 or 8 has at least 2 All Americans or more. I guess your saying U Conn wont win it because they have at least 4 that i know of.

Reaction Score
Southbend - hate to burst your little bubble but it's an ESPN board that covers teams and matchups. It is not ND's board. Aad this fact has been posted many times over on the ESPN boards.

And just to remind you, there are very nasty ND posters over there. A few have been banned. So don't go bragging too much.

And just to remind you, there are very nasty ND posters over there. A few have been banned. So don't go bragging too much.
Where did i brag? For the most part i complimented U Conn fans and welcomed them? There is one poster that is out of control and even Irish fans don't like him. Yes its a ESPN board . But when people come on a board to brag about how much better their team is then yours and bad mouth your coach and players when their team isn't one of the teams playing. That's called trolling where i come from. In argument U Conn has more fans so you will get these types from time to time. Not usually the loyal fans but the band wagoners just along for the ride when a team is good.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner isn't all they say she is. UConn proved that in the Championship game 2015. Stewie was playing hurt and her mobility wasn't there, but Brianna Turner was playing with fear, so she didn't take advantage of the situation. Muffet McGraw isn't a good coach, she had some players who made her look good. Last season Malina Mabrey scored 23 points on UConn, after halftime Mo started face-guarding Malina, and Malina lost control, because she could no longer score, and Muffet was on the sideline panicking. Muffet McGraw really need to stop giving interviews concerning UConn, because they are not in the same division anymore, so UConn don't have to play Notre Dame. She should have learned her lesson when she had to publicly apologize to Geno Auriemma.

Reaction Score
I started this thread with a gentle poke at Muffet and now I don't want to visit this thread again. :(
Your comment made no sense. You must not of listened to the whole interview because she not only mentioned the effect of losing Cable but Huffman and Mabrey to. So if i took a jab at your coach do you think anyone would respond? Of course they would. So just because this is a U Conn board does that mean if you take a jab at someone elses coach on here they cant defend them ? Maybe next time you might want to know the facts before you decide to be critical of someone.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Your comment made no sense. You must not of listened to the whole interview because she not only mentioned the effect of losing Cable but Huffman and Mabrey to. So if i took a jab at your coach do you think anyone would respond? Of course they would. So just because this is a U Conn board does that mean if you take a jab at someone elses coach on here they cant defend them ? Maybe next time you might want to know the facts before you decide to be critical of someone.

Perfect example 'cane. I didn't like the way you were being treated. By the way, when you have 6 posts in a row arguing with people on another team's board, you are either an anger junky or a masochist, but I didn't like the tone directed against you 'cane. Food for thought? Or do you want to argue with me some more? Head bang

Reaction Score
Brianna Turner isn't all they say she is. UConn proved that in the Championship game 2015. Stewie was playing hurt and her mobility wasn't there, but Brianna Turner was playing with fear, so she didn't take advantage of the situation. Muffet McGraw isn't a good coach, she had some players who made her look good. Last season Malina Mabrey scored 23 points on UConn, after halftime Mo started face-guarding Malina, and Malina lost control, because she could no longer score, and Muffet was on the sideline panicking. Muffet McGraw really need to stop giving interviews concerning UConn, because they are not in the same division anymore, so UConn don't have to play Notre Dame. She should have learned her lesson when she had to publicly apologize to Geno Auriemma.
Will see how overrated Turner is this year. If you were the only post player in your second year going against 2 All American post players that are 2 years older you would be nervous to. As for Muffets comments. You act like the whole interview was about U Conn. Actually about 20 seconds of the 15 minute conversation was about them. Also if someone brings them up is she not suppose to comment ? She never said anything wrong. She said they lost a lot which they did and that things were more wide open by that happening. U Conn fans have been saying the same thing ever since the big 3 left. But a rival coach says it and she is bad mouthing them and being critical. I disagree

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Perfect example 'cane. I didn't like the way you were being treated. By the way, when you have 6 posts in a row arguing with people on another team's board, you are either an anger junky or a masochist, but I didn't like the tone directed against you 'cane. Food for thought? Or do you want to argue with me some more? Head bang
Food for thought. I appreciate you not liking the tone. Thats nice of you. At the same time i am a Irish fan on a U Conn board who comes here to talk basketball and has great respect for U Conn and coach Geno. Id prefer to talk basketball not about other peoples coaches and teams. But when my team or coach is being put down weather im out numbered or not i will defend them. That being said if 6 or 50 people say something negative about my team or coach i will respond in defense of them and try to stay in my boundaries the best i can. If i said the same thing about Geno there would be a floodgate of comments toward me.Why is it ok from your perspective but not mine ? Iv lived in South Bend my whole life.I live 2 minutes from the university. Im not only a season ticket holder but know Muffet and coached Niele Ivey's son in football and went to school with Skylar Diggins parents and have know her since she was a little girl. It's not just a team. These people and the program are much more then that to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS