Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dillon, I agree with everything except that this year there will finally be parity in the game. I think the parity hass been here the last several years for the rest of WCBB. Except for Connectcut it was an even field. One team is no excuse for lack of parity. It only meant there was one great team. bbbby the way I have NDWBB at No.1.

Muffet having a large view or expectation for her team is highly called for---if a coach thinks their team is duck soup--fire that coach.
Same here on this board---UConn FANs have the right and probably the duty to look at this years team as a WINNER ---I have written often that Uc WBB team will be in the Final 4---I have seen Crystal and Collier, Gabby, Katie LOU, Kia in action against the best the US WBB teams had--they know the ropes. The NCAA's --it has often been written--the teams that have been there (Final 4) has the best chance of getting there again--the hoopla gets to many lessor teams. That is why ND and UConn have been in that arena so often--even in OFF years.
If Uconn Fans on the Boneyard cannot cheer on the UC WBB team--who should?? Just because Muffet or ND fans expect UC to lose--should we Uconn fan buy into that?? Phoeey

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
McGraw: NCAA women might see parity in '16-17

Seems she and the rest of the NCAA, except UConn, lost little talent. How will Madison Cable feel about that? :(
bulletin-board.jpg

"So Notre Dame's coach doesn't think you guys have any talent..."

Reaction Score
I have Faith in baby mabrey!
Geno will get the latest Mabrey---ala Samuelson sisters--seems they all save the best for the last.
Can you imagine the 3 Mabrey sisters on the same team--90 points per game--who do you cover???
Same could have been said for the Samuelsons!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Geno will get the latest Mabrey---ala Samuelson sisters--seems they all save the best for the last.
I think the ranking of Mabrey sisters by basketball prowess is 1) Marina, 2) Michaela 3) Dara

Of course, neither Marina nor Dara is anything close to a finished product but Marina's college career is tracking ahead of Michaela's. Dara isn't in Hoopgurlz top 60, so she has a ways to go to match her sisters (both top-25 recruits and McDonald's All-Americans.

Reaction Score
I think the ranking of Mabrey sisters by basketball prowess is 1) Marina, 2) Michaela 3) Dara

Of course, neither Marina nor Dara is anything close to a finished product but Marina's college career is tracking ahead of Michaela's. Dara isn't in Hoopgurlz top 60, so she has a ways to go to match her sisters (both top-25 recruits and McDonald's All-Americans.

Thanks---Speculation of 3 talented sisters be they Mabrey or Samuelson--on the same team--conjures up all kinds of possibilities--if not realities.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Dara is rated in the top 50 of Prospects Nation, for what it's worth. She's not at the level of her sisters yet, but she has done very well in her two high school seasons, helping lead her HS team to a State Final against a senior-laden team.
New Jersey basketball, particularly in the Shore Conference where she plays, is a good brand of ball and pretty competitive. Of course, she's playing with two possible other D-1 talents on her HS team (Faith Masonius/Stella Clark), which helps the overall team, but cuts down on individual statistics. Dara was also injured for about a month last year.

When I went to a few games of hers this winter, Manasquan supporters would have agreed with your ranking, but expect her to continue to improve. The entire starting team is back so it will be interesting to track all of their progress (Mabrey-Faith Masonious-Stella Clark).

On a more pertinent note at the collegiate level, I'm excited to see Marina with extended time on the floor, if she does move into the starting lineup as MM said yesterday.

Reaction Score
Not to jump in with another issue, but I always thought it was because of an alleged comment that Vanderveer made about having "five Nykesha Sales" on her team or something to that effect.
***Note that I used the word alleged because I personally have never Googled or conducted any search to see if the statement (or something substantively similar) was actually made.

It was both. :)

And get it straight: you were 17% too low -- it was SIX Nykesha Saleses.

I recall a Courant reporter writing that a colleague swore Vanderveer said it and even had it on tape.

Most UConn fans forgave all that long ago, particularly when it seemed like other teams wouldn't schedule the Huskies. Then again, there are some who believe that for the most decorated program in wcbb history, there is still no slight too small to make a federal case out of.

Reaction Score
It is not hard for me. I am really happy to see Stewie graduated and is in the pro career.
I want to say is ,only at Stewie level her coach can say she is the best player of the country.
Coaches have a right to there opinion.Both those players will be Preseason All Americans so she could end up being right. Im glad Stewie is gone. She wen't from being the enemy to playing for my favorite WNBA team. She looks so much better in a Seattle Storm uniform .

Reaction Score
And here, I thought I was visiting a Uconn board!
Thats what i say when all the U Conn fans take over the N.D. board every year on ESPN. Other then a few most of them are my favorite posters and iv known them for years. Truth is if they didn't show up there would probably only be about 10 people on the N.D. board.

Reaction Score
Your Irish have lost one ACC game in the three years they have been in the conference. Don't you think it would be a good thing for the ACC if Notre Dame had a couple of .500 seasons in the ACC and gave another school a chance? Don't you? Don't you wish for parity in the ACC? :rolleyes:

EGGZACKLY! Mz Muffet squawk with forked tongue. One of these years ND will finish number one, and she can then say, "I told you so." Until then, plenty of fodder for the mill.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
'when Pat left the game lost a whole lot of ass at the top '
Me thinks Dr Freud might want to explore that statement a bit.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Thats what i say when all the U Conn fans take over the N.D. board every year on ESPN. Other then a few most of them are my favorite posters and iv known them for years. Truth is if they didn't show up there would probably only be about 10 people on the N.D. board.

Southbend - hate to burst your little bubble but it's an ESPN board that covers teams and matchups. It is not ND's board. Aad this fact has been posted many times over on the ESPN boards.

And just to remind you, there are very nasty ND posters over there. A few have been banned. So don't go bragging too much.

Reaction Score
Translated have 5 or 6 All Americans including the over all best player every year along with a dam good coach and you to could win 11 National championships.

I get your point but no matter how good the talent is, to win for NC's four years in a row is a pretty astounding accomplishment...............plenty of teams will have multiple All Americans and never sniff a national championship once...............you'll see that very thing happen this year

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Translated have 5 or 6 All Americans including the over all best player every year along with a dam good coach and you to could win 11 National championships.
So that Texas A&M team that spanked ND for a National Championship in 2011, how many HS All-American did Texas A&M have on that team?

Reaction Score
Dara is rated in the top 50 of Prospects Nation, for what it's worth. She's not at the level of her sisters yet, but she has done very well in her two high school seasons, helping lead her HS team to a State Final against a senior-laden team.
New Jersey basketball, particularly in the Shore Conference where she plays, is a good brand of ball and pretty competitive. Of course, she's playing with two possible other D-1 talents on her HS team (Faith Masonius/Stella Clark), which helps the overall team, but cuts down on individual statistics. Dara was also injured for about a month last year.

When I went to a few games of hers this winter, Manasquan supporters would have agreed with your ranking, but expect her to continue to improve. The entire starting team is back so it will be interesting to track all of their progress (Mabrey-Faith Masonious-Stella Clark).

On a more pertinent note at the collegiate level, I'm excited to see Marina with extended time on the floor, if she does move into the starting lineup as MM said yesterday.

I liked this--nice information---as for Baby Mabrey--she'll move into starting if not soon, but not very late--the kid is a shooter and no fear. Keep track of those Pine Barrens Devils and keep us up to date--or are you keeping these secrets for ND??

Reaction Score
So that Texas A&M team that spanked ND for a National Championship in 2011, how many HS All-American did Texas A&M have on that team?
You are wasting your time----I'd say more but I don't want to offend the intelligent ND posters on the Boneyard. But of course next year Uconn will have 10 (Ten) or 12 (twelve) All Americans on the UCWBB team!!! Like always!!

Reaction Score
Former rapper had a bad coach,lol.
Up in the hills where the schools are still one room ---it is Bring---Brang --Brung. Do ya-all unerstan?? I'll only ax you ownlyes one time--ya'all here now?

Reaction Score
It was both. :)

And get it straight: you were 17% too low -- it was SIX Nykesha Saleses.

I recall a Courant reporter writing that a colleague swore Vanderveer said it and even had it on tape.

Most UConn fans forgave all that long ago, particularly when it seemed like other teams wouldn't schedule the Huskies. Then again, there are some who believe that for the most decorated program in wcbb history, there is still no slight too small to make a federal case out of.

SPORTS
The One And Only Nykesha Sales
By BRUCE BERLET; Courant Staff Writer, March 30, 1995
When asked about her top-rated recruiting class last season, Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer said, "We've got six Nykesha Sales." VanDerveer knows women's basketball. She has coached Stanford to two NCAA titles. She has coached U.S. international teams. And she does have six contributing freshmen, led by volleyball All- America Kristin Folkl. Still, there's only one Nykesha Sales, and she plays for UConn (33-0), which is trying to join Texas (34-0, 1986) as the only unbeaten teams to win the Division I women's national championship.

Reaction Score
Dillon, I agree with everything except that this year there will finally be parity in the game. I think the parity hass been here the last several years for the rest of WCBB. Except for Connectcut it was an even field. One team is no excuse for lack of parity. It only meant there was one great team. bbbby the way I have NDWBB at No.1.
I don't like that some of the coaches at the next level down from the UCONN program in recent years (ND, Maryland, etc.) are happy about the 'parity' they perceive to be coming from UCONN stepping DOWN to their level, rather than from THEM rising to the challenge of the higher bar we set. It exposes the thought process that produces their lack of greatness and subsequent sour grapes.

Reaction Score
I don't like that some of the coaches at the next level down from the UCONN program in recent years (ND, Maryland, etc.) are happy about the 'parity' they perceive to be coming from UCONN stepping DOWN to their level, rather than from THEM rising to the challenge of the higher bar we set. It exposes the thought process that produces their lack of greatness and subsequent sour grapes.

So, you weren't happy to see Diggins graduate? McBride? Wiggins? Holdsclaw?

Reaction Score
I was happy to see Diggins & McBride go down in the FF.

Much as I dislike(ed) her, there was a 'greatness' about Pat Summit. Even though she was on the wrong end of it, I doubt if she would share this current idea about how parity should come about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom