Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Muffet Speaks With Only A Little Hoof and Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN still ahead of the curve. That would not be interesting for UCONN to have 1 HS All-American per year that would make UCONN like ND. or Louisville, or Duke, or Stanford= BORING! Your are not "just saying" more like "just recycling" same old.
What lady and what would you like me to break? :D
FYI I am better at crushing souls than breaking things and brung is not a word.
Im a former rapper. Brung is a word where i come from.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN still ahead of the curve. That would not be interesting for UCONN to have 1 HS All-American per year that would make UCONN like ND. or Louisville, or Duke, or Stanford= BORING! Your are not "just saying" more like "just recycling" same old {Self edited }.
Whats boring is watching the same team win every year and beat teams by 40 points. Watching one of those boring teams take them down . Now that would be fun to watch. Well maybe not for you.

Reaction Score
Because no one says Alabama domination is bad for CFB and that spreading the talent around would be good for that game. I'm not the only one to notice that good coaching better informs equal talent. But winning with good talent is a different kettle of fish. If the best talent were the only prerequisite for championships why can't Calipari win every year? Why is it in CFB that Jim Harbaugh can walk into CFB and make Michigan a title contender overnight? Because great coaching makes great players champions. To repeat myself, Bill Walsh used to say in sports you have coaches and you have gym teachers. Harbaugh, Saban, Geno and Popovich are coaches.
Wow. You got all that out of her statement?

Reaction Score
Stewie is gone. I know its hard . But you have to let her go. You can do this.
It is not hard for me. I am really happy to see Stewie graduated and is in the pro career.
I want to say is ,only at Stewie level her coach can say she is the best player of the country.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If they won every game by 40 points they would.

Sports is about competition. If there is no competition the games are not as interesting.
Did The UConn win the championship by 40? When was the last time Geno won a championship by 40? Clearly you're on the "UConn winning is bad for WCBB" side. And how bad were coach Wooden's championship teams for MCBB? The NY Islanders won 4 cups in a row. Were they bad for hockey? From 1936 to 1939 the NY Yankee's (ugh) won 4 straight championships, and 8x out of the next 12 years. Between 1949 and 1950 the won 5 straight and 9x out of 12 years. Were they bad for baseball? Or did all of these teams give other teams a benchmark for greatness then and now. Or did these teams give us legends to this day are revered.?

Reaction Score
She brung up U Conn because she was talking about women's basketball and they are the team to beat every year. Some people are mad that she brought them up and others are mad she didn't bring them up when answering another question. She will never get a fair shake with your fans
Correct, so why not just give it up?

because she is the coach of your biggest rival. No matter what she says someone will always find a way to bring out the negative.
But she makes it so E-A-S-Y....
Give the lady a break.
Not gonna happen

Reaction Score
Whats boring is watching the same team win every year and beat teams by 40 points. Watching one of those boring teams take them down . Now that would be fun to watch. Well maybe not for you.

southbendcane- - -If ND was coming off their 4th straight NCAA title and #11 overall you'd be talking out of the other side of that "Golden Dome" mouth! Notre Dame would be the best ever! scr--w parity!
I know it tears you up at night that the only title The Muffet could get was given to her by 2 AA's being injured and unable to play in the semi game in 2001! Reality check, WITH Shea and Svet 2 seniors, AA's and leaders, DT wouldn't have had to play extra minutes going 1 for 15 and UCONN doesn't blow a 15 point lead and beats Purdue in the Finals which would have led to 5 Titles in a row!
And please don't bring up ND beat UCONN earlier in the season WITH Shea & Svet, remember Geno doesn't lose Finals and ND vs CT in 2001 WAS in reality the Finals because either of them was going to beat SMS or Purdue!
Bitterness thy name is Notre Dame! If the queen (The Muffet) had testicles she'd be king (Geno)!
I've said this before but it bears repeating, "Comparing The Muffet to Geno is like comparing Mr. Ed to Secretariat!"

Reaction Score
You people read into things to much. All she said was that U Conn has been a dynasty for so long and this year there is actually teams on the same level maybe even better so other teams actually have a chance for a change. That is a compliment. There are about 8 teams that could win it this year including U Conn. When was the last time that many teams were in the mix ? You lost 3 All Americans and only brought in one top recruit. Many other teams loss a lot less and brought in more as well. Yes to U Conn fans your dominance is enjoyable no doubt. But to every other division one team its not very fun when you know who is going to win the title before the season starts. This year their is hope. Its a breath of fresh air to women's basketball for many. Your being treated like the wicked witch in The Wizard Of Oz. Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead. Everyone else was the Lolly Pop Guild for all these years . Let us come out from hiding and have a little fun would ya lol.

Your Irish have lost one ACC game in the three years they have been in the conference. Don't you think it would be a good thing for the ACC if Notre Dame had a couple of .500 seasons in the ACC and gave another school a chance? Don't you? Don't you wish for parity in the ACC? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Translated have 5 or 6 All Americans including the over all best player every year along with a dam good coach and you to could win 11 National championships.

You just described ND without the 11 or even 2. You are kidding yourself if you think ND has been devoid of top level talent and top level recruits or that Uconn had 5 AA's on their team for each of the 11 NC's. Usually they had ONE top talent and a a very good supporting cast. I've followed ND BB probably longer than you have lived--unfortunately I don't dig stats --
Why do you think since 2001 the teams to beat have been ND and UConn?

I don't need translation ---Again this posting was to Bags after he replied to another posting.

YOU ARE POSTING THE SAME B. S. THAT HAVE BEEN WRITTEN OVER THE YEARS --THAT GENO NEEDED 5 ALL AMERICANS TO WIN EVEN ONE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP---THAT IS PURE UNADULTERATED BULL PUCKY!!
GENO CREATES AA HE DOES NOT ALWAYS RECRUIT THEM.. OTHER COACHES, IF SMART COULD DO THE SAME!!

I USE NO CODE WORDS --NO HIDDEN MEANING---NOTHING THAT CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD AS WRITTEN..

Reaction Score
Clearly you're on the "UConn winning is bad for WCBB" side. .?

All I said was that a lack of competitiveness is less interesting.
The TV ratings of almost all sporting events bear this out.

Reaction Score
Are you serious?. It just bothers you so much to hear that you lost a lot and might actually be human this year. All she is saying is that by them losing some big parts to their team and others not losing as much that things are wide open. She brung up U Conn because she was talking about women's basketball and they are the team to beat every year. Some people are mad that she brought them up and others are mad she didn't bring them up when answering another question. She will never get a fair shake with your fans because she is the coach of your biggest rival. No matter what she says someone will always find a way to bring out the negative. Give the lady a break.
Don't disagree with you on this. However, this is what happens when you have intense (often insanely so) rivalries between teams and their fans. This is a UCONN board, after all. ;) The same could be said for how people react to what Geno says on other team's fan forums. It goes with the territory.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
As Nan once reminded us: Grudges on the Boneyard die hard. Tara Vander Veer was perceived to mistreat Rebecca (Olympics 2000) and she has never been forgiven here.

Not to jump in with another issue, but I always thought it was because of an alleged comment that Vanderveer made about having "five Nykesha Sales" on her team or something to that effect.
***Note that I used the word alleged because I personally have never Googled or conducted any search to see if the statement (or something substantively similar) was actually made.

McGraw: NCAA women might see parity in '16-17

Seems she and the rest of the NCAA, except UConn, lost little talent. How will Madison Cable feel about that? :(

Coach McGraw said, "This was the year nobody lost a lot of talent except for Connecticut. So I think that really evens things out."

Per ESPN, UConn had the #1, #2, and #6 recruits. They won four straight national titles. They graduated. So UConn "lost a lot of talent." (emphasis added).

Coach McGraw was not saying that her players were not talented. But no team lost the same level of elite talent that UConn did to graduation. She did not say Madison Cable was not talented. And by the way, Cable was the 52nd ranked recruit per ESPN and, undre Muffet's coaching and tutelage, became the ACC Tournament Most Valuable Player, an All-ACC First Team, and Honorable Mention All-American (and did so while setting becoming the 10th ranked playing in NCAA history with a career three-point field-goal percentage of. 456). Now *that* is a great example player development and maximizing a player's talent and abilities.

Back to the article, I read Coach McGraw's comments as incredibly complimentary of UConn, in terms of the elite players who just graduated, and that there will be more parity this year in women's college basketball.

As for her statements about Turner and Allen, would you expect the coach of All-Conference players and All-American candidates (and preseason All-American selections) to say, "Well, my players are good, but these other players are better/the best." You might expect a coach to say that after losing a game (e.g., "Diana Taurasi showed why she is the best player in the world tonight, and we could do nothing to stop her."). But in a preseason article? Not likely. As a player, you want your coach "pumping you up," building hype, building your confidence...and then giving them the tools and coaching/leadership/abilities to demonstrate/back up/exceed your statements on the court.

Reaction Score
Coco: I'm sure you're aware of this but it was the annual media day press conference out in South Bend (not press release day). Last time I checked even the Notre Dame sports media department (they're not all controlling as some have inferred) allows the press to ask the questions. To my reading of the transcript, all of two questions deviated from inter-team questions.
Here they are:

When you look at the national scene, what are you expecting this year?
"I'm expecting that this is the year where parity finally hits women's basketball. It's a long time coming. I think it's going to be great for the game. I think there's a lot of teams that can win it, just in our conference. Louisville is a great team with just about everybody coming back. Miami's got everybody coming back. Syracuse is coming off a Final Four. Duke's a team that's a little under the radar right now. There's a lot of great talent in the ACC.

"Nationally, you've got Tennessee with just about everybody back. Baylor has almost everybody back. Stanford's got a really good team coming back. This is a year where nobody lost a lot of talent except for Connecticut. I think that evens things out and I think maybe this will be a year where we'll see a different number one every week like the men had last year -- which I thought was really exciting. Unless, we're the ones that are not number one. Then I wouldn't be quite as excited."

Would you put your own team at number one?
"I wouldn't. I would put us in the top five but there's a lot of good teams. This time of year, we haven't earned anything. I want to earn it."
Dillon, I agree with everything except that this year there will finally be parity in the game. I think the parity hass been here the last several years for the rest of WCBB. Except for Connectcut it was an even field. One team is no excuse for lack of parity. It only meant there was one great team. bbbby the way I have NDWBB at No.1.

Reaction Score
U Conn and Tennessee were ahead of the curve.They got the jump on All Americans and top recruits. Now these other teams are getting as many and some even more. It took them a while to catch up. Until Diggins came along N.D. only had maybe 3 or 4 High School All Americans ever. U Conn has more then that on their team every year. N.D. has like 7 or 8 this year so its put up or shut up time. . It be interesting to see how U Conn would of done if they only had 1 All American every few years instead of a handful and usually the top player in the country every year? Just saying.
Taurasi 2003-2004,1 AA 2 Ncs. I guess you missed that!

Reaction Score
In 2015-16, Michaela Mabrey, the senior (Mabrey 1) shot 64 of 160 from 3-point land, or 40%.
Marina Mabrey, the freshman (Mabrey 2...the one who went off at UConn), shot 34 of 75 for a 45% 3-point percentage. Overall, she shot a tinge over 51 percent in averaging 10.7 pts per game.
Dara Mabrey (Mabrey baby) led Manasquan High with 50 3-pointers last year as a sophomore. Could not find a percentage in the stats presented (where I looked).

BTW, she plays with Faith Masonius, a 6'1" wing who is for sure D-1 material and has several connections to UConn. (Charlie and I talk about this odd coupling of UConn and ND on one high school team.). If you have a chance, check out a few Shore conference games. I went to two last year and loved 'em.
Mabrey 3 at Uconn just like Samuelson 3!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mabrey 3 at Uconn just like Samuelson 3!

Nooooooo! Mabrey 3 (Mabrey baby) needs to head west on Rte. 80 to the Home of the Dome!
....hmm, but if we can get Faith Masonius....:D;)

Dara (Mabrey 3) is a bit undersized at 5'7"/5'8", but she's a good athlete and extremely aggressive (like Marina) while having good command of the floor. There's a good point guard at Manasquan (Stella Clark) who is a senior. Once she graduates, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mabrey3 take on more ball responsibilities to open her vistas....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with you on this. However, this is what happens when you have intense (often insanely so) rivalries between teams and their fans. This is a UCONN board, after all. ;) The same could be said for how people react to what Geno says on other team's fan forums. It goes with the territory.

However, liking a post doesn't mean total agreement! Because, it is not just the rivalry, indeed that is nothing but a good thing to the real sports fan, but Muffet's classless actions when Stewie won POY award when Muffet though Stewie's now team mate should have and the whole 'when Pat left the game lost a whole lot of ass at the top ' thing. But as muchas southbend may find sport in bringing all of that back up, may I just say to him: The season is upon us, time to go back under the bridge or Muffet's Bench(which has its more than fair share of Geno haters) or up your meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom