Mr. Technical Foul | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mr. Technical Foul

Reaction Score
Bob Huggins with an apparent contrast to Hurley re: a technical foul after 3 made 3's.

“Erik gets incredibly stupid again and basically costs us the game,” said Huggins following the game with WVU play-by-play caller Tony Caridi.

Huggins later added, “We can’t have one guy changing the game the way he’s changed the game, and I love the kid, I do, and I wish him nothing but the best, but he hurts our team when he does that, and you don’t have that right. I don’t care who you are, what you are, or what you think you are, you don’t have that right. To hurt your team, to hurt your teammates, you don’t have the right. For what? Look at me, look at me. Who cares about you? Do what you’re supposed to do.

Reaction Score
He's a competitor. When 5-6 guys are screaming that you can't make a shot, and then you make the shot....

He's responding to taunts from the bench, he's not just talking to them on his own. He needs to do a better job, but the refs need to start warning benches, or stop penalizing the respondent and not the initiator.
Absolutely right that need to call the taunting both ways. In fact. Andre doesn’t initiate it. We are just in a really bad place with Big East / ACC officials right now. We are literally getting hammered with calls with a thumb on the scale of justice. Things need to get fixed ASAP.

Reaction Score
Bob Huggins with an apparent contrast to Hurley re: a technical foul after 3 made 3's.

“Erik gets incredibly stupid again and basically costs us the game,” said Huggins following the game with WVU play-by-play caller Tony Caridi.

Huggins later added, “We can’t have one guy changing the game the way he’s changed the game, and I love the kid, I do, and I wish him nothing but the best, but he hurts our team when he does that, and you don’t have that right. I don’t care who you are, what you are, or what you think you are, you don’t have that right. To hurt your team, to hurt your teammates, you don’t have the right. For what? Look at me, look at me. Who cares about you? Do what you’re supposed to do.
Calhoun had a rule, he was the only one who should ever get a technical.

Reaction Score
""You know, it's hard, because when you're a player and the other team is yelling when you have the ball, 'Under!,' [and] 'Non-shooter!', when you have his make-up, it's tough because he's the most competitive person you'll ever meet.”"

Andre wouldn't take it personally if he knew he could shoot. He's a tough kid and has (hopefully) learned an important lesson. We won both games, so it was a good spot to learn it.

I still don't think bench taunting or the other way around should be a technical unless the kids are dropping f-bombs or starting a fight. Clapping back after someone yells "under!" is all a part of the game in my book.
Disagree, if you are going to let dudes on the opposing bench taunt Andre all game, it is fair for Andre to return it after he makes a shot. I don’t recommend him doing it but it is unfair to call it one way only.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is a month old, but I didn’t see it a month ago and it did catch my eye today.

I assumed it was about Hurley whose latest T did cost us the last game, our only loss of the season. That was disgraceful. It’s like he has no self-control. If he can’t control himself, how can he expect his players to be disciplined?

And where is all that anger coming from? Was he beaten as a child?

Reaction Score

Reaurrecting a month-old thread to conjecture our coach was beaten as a child. Oh Boneyard, how I cherish thee.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is a month old, but I didn’t see it a month ago and it did catch my eye today.

I assumed it was about Hurley whose latest T did cost us the last game, our only loss of the season. That was disgraceful. It’s like he has no self-control. If he can’t control himself, how can he expect his players to be disciplined?

Goodman? Is that you???

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Bob McKillop: "Statistics are like bikini's, they show a lot but they don't show everything".
In a different thread, a Providence fan - who openly shares his fan loyalty in this forum - pluralized "malapropism" with an apostrophe.

Irrespective of search results that incorrectly quote McKillop, who are you making look bad when you repeat the error?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reaurrecting a month-old thread to conjecture our coach was beaten as a child. Oh Boneyard, how I cherish thee.
Not to mention that it's a thread that was started last Thursday (6 days ago).

As a side matter, the comment had some post/handle energy

Reaction Score
In a different thread, a Providence fan - who openly shares his fan loyalty in this forum - pluralized "malapropism" with an apostrophe.

Irrespective of search results that incorrectly quote McKillop, who are you making look bad when you repeat the error?
The grapo

how much time did you spend scouring this one Hans? Do you ever actually post about basketball, or just run spellcheck and grammar check?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The grapo
?
how much time did you spend scouring this one Hans?
About a minute
Do you ever actually post about basketball,
If you do your own research, I think you'll trust your conclusions more than anything I might say, but I don't think I post any less about basketball than you do, nor in meeting your energy am I any more obnoxious than you.

If you are protesting that your posts have attracted attention, spare me. Isn't that your intention?
or just run spellcheck and grammar check?
I don't use either, but perhaps you might benefit from them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom