Mr. Technical Foul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mr. Technical Foul

Reaction Score
Rashad had the correct response. Granted he earned it, but it's better than jawing.

1672420155740.png

Reaction Score

""You know, it's hard, because when you're a player and the other team is yelling when you have the ball, 'Under!,' [and] 'Non-shooter!', when you have his make-up, it's tough because he's the most competitive person you'll ever meet.”"

Andre wouldn't take it personally if he knew he could shoot. He's a tough kid and has (hopefully) learned an important lesson. We won both games, so it was a good spot to learn it.

I still don't think bench taunting or the other way around should be a technical unless the kids are dropping f-bombs or starting a fight. Clapping back after someone yells "under!" is all a part of the game in my book.

Reaction Score
Brings me back to Donny Marshall's technical in a Providence game when he clapped after a call and it was deemed sarcastic clapping.
Well, at least it wasn't deemed hateful or agnostic clapping.

Reaction Score
When watching UCONN play as of late I keep thinking of the Adam Sandler movie 8 Crazy Nights. What is up with Andre Jackson receiving T's the last two games for taunting the bench of the opposing team after he hits a three? I hope he can grow out of this. That was two points we could have had when the game was close.
Yea he is a competitor, I could never stand a player doing that. It is up to his Coach to make him stop after the fist technical ! Calhoun would not allow that. Take control of your team !

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're not going unbeaten. That officiating was an absolute joke, especially all the offensive foul calls on us

Just pathetic

We get them again, all we need is a 50/50 game. After the last two games, maybe Hurley felt like he needs to bring some attention to incompetent officiating

Congrats X, enjoy your season

Reaction Score
I hate when coaches get technical fouls. It used to drive me crazy with Calhoun too. It rarely motivates the team, you're giving away points and if anything pissing off the refs more. Control your emotions. The opponent doesn't need any help.

Reaction Score
I hate when coaches get technical fouls. It used to drive me crazy with Calhoun too. It rarely motivates the team, you're giving away points and if anything pissing off the refs more. Control your emotions. The opponent doesn't need any help.
There are times when a calculated T is fine. Calhoun was good at that. Hurley unfortunately does it when he can't control his emotions. I don't think his Ts are calculated.

Reaction Score
There are times when a calculated T is fine. Calhoun was good at that. Hurley unfortunately does it when he can't control his emotions. I don't think his Ts are calculated.
Yeah true. Calhoun would get T’d up on a teams first big run and then we would respond accordingly. Haven’t seen Hurley do something like that

Reaction Score
Well, here’s Hurley’s postgame quote on the T: “I wish I didn’t say unbelievable.”
discrepancy was 9 to 28. So he did not swear at the ref or use any other invective. No way he should be T’ed up for saying that.

Reaction Score

How can I stop that? Hmmmmmm. You have one of the deepest benches in college basketball - maybe bench him? The man knows a lot about basketball and nothing about leadership. Literally nothing. He knows he can’t control his own temper so how can he expect his players to? Be accountable for your players, lead by example. There is more to the job than X’s and O’s.

Reaction Score
How can I stop that? Hmmmmmm. You have one of the deepest benches in college basketball - maybe bench him? The man knows a lot about basketball and nothing about leadership. Literally nothing. He knows he can’t control his own temper so how can he expect his players to? Be accountable for your players, lead by example. There is more to the job than X’s and O’s.
You love posting after losses don’t you.

Reaction Score
Yeah true. Calhoun would get T’d up on a teams first big run and then we would respond accordingly. Haven’t seen Hurley do something like that
He has now clue how to work the refs which is shocking for someone who has been a head coach for so long. It's a major problem.

Reaction Score
Hurley T was icing on cake but Uconn settled for a lot of 3s, didn't try and draw fouls and committed boneheaded turnovers- lot of Newton driving or jumping with no plan where to go and throwing it away. Surprisingly despite all that UConn was right there. Had a few of those 3s we shot gone in, could have survived. The 'T" there was inexcusable but Xavier played about as well as they could and we never looked comfortable out there. The game against Providence will say a lot. The guard play has to be better though.

Reaction Score
You love posting after losses don’t you.
To each his own. Sorry that I'm frustrated with DH. So much hypersensitivity on here from the folks that just want to pat themselves on the back all day about our 14-1 record. I expect more from our coach. There are 100s of headlines out there today talking about our hot head coach. It's an embarrassment to the school, 14-1 or 1-14. I tend to post when things get emotional and controversial - I don't need to post 13k times, but congrats to you my friend!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
To each his own. Sorry that I'm frustrated with DH. So much hypersensitivity on here from the folks that just want to pat themselves on the back all day about our 14-1 record. I expect more from our coach. There are 100s of headlines out there today talking about our hot head coach. It's an embarrassment to the school, 14-1 or 1-14. I tend to post when things get emotional and controversial - I don't need to post 13k times, but congrats to you my friend!
I disbelieve you.

Reaction Score
We are 14-1 Ranked #2 and have a top 5 class coming next season. This because of not in spite of Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
We are 14-1 Ranked #2 and have a top 5 class coming next season. This because of not in spite of Coach Hurley
And still a national embarrassment - thanks for furthering my point about making the job only about the numbers. Bob McKillop: "Statistics are like bikini's, they show a lot but they don't show everything".

It's easy to keep your composure when every win is by double digits. None of what you're saying matters if he can't lead in crunch time. He needs to change - deny it all you want, but it's been going on a long time. If Vegas would put out a prop bet on him getting T'd up at the Amp this week, I'd hammer it. Although I do think we go in po'd and hammer the friars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom