Moving on to Arkansas..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Moving on to Arkansas.....

Reaction Score
Two wins and having a Top 5 team in our SOS would make it an excellent week for the program.

This is exactly what I said earlier in the week would constitute a successful tournament. Arkansas, like Oregon, will be another good test against a team about on our level.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Diarra? He seems to be last on the bunch.
Right now he does. But I think he hasn't had enough time to prove himself. There must've been something that happened with him and Ollie, judging by his playing time. Or maybe they are easing him back in because of his knee? Idk.

He appears to be our most dynamic front court player, in terms of athleticism and build.

I'd put money down that he will start to get more playing time, and once he gets a feel for the game and commits less fouls, he will emerge from the front court bunch.

Reaction Score
From Jump Ball the Arkansas site:

"This is how it should be in the pre-conference season. We got waxed by a very good NC team that played a perfect game. So what? Brush it off and get ready for another titan of college basketball two days later. And we've got a great shot at winning. I'm loving our schedule so far. We're playing real games and when we get beat, it's a real-world learning experience. Love this schedule and this team." -Ross

Well IF Macon does not play UConn has a much better chance to survive this tournament at 2-1. Macon can fill it up on any given night with the best when healthy.

titan :)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I would've liked to have seen Kwitin Williams get more time in last night's game (once the wheels had come off and it was more or less a guaranteed L)

Reaction Score
'Tie' at the half was not bad. They looked good, even ig both teams went 1/10 in the stretch of !H! Whatever KO said at the half was not as inspirational as the MSt pitch.

Perhaps the 3pm start on Sun will deliver the 'Arc' of the Covenant.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because we should be a top 5 or 10 program. Duh. And getting excited about next year's class of 80 to 125 recruits isn't buzzing me. Right now, the ship be sinkin'
This statement is typical - if you are so damn disgusted just leave the sinking ship - don't take the raft with the hole in it

Reaction Score
Id experiment with starting Cobb at the 4 and Carlton at 5 with TL, JA and AG. Id let these guys practice more and more to see what chemistry they can develop. I like this in practice against Polley, Whalley, ONourough, Vital and Anderson.

Reaction Score
Id experiment with starting Cobb at the 4 and Carlton at 5 with TL, JA and AG. Id let these guys practice more and more to see what chemistry they can develop. I like this in practice against Polley, Whalley, ONourough, Vital and Anderson.

No. Our offense struggles enough without putting an additional limited player on the floor.

The 4-guard + Larrier lineup should see more time than any 2-big lineup. This is 2017, not 1987.

Reaction Score
Not everyone is going to have 6-11 260 pound athletic PFs like MSU. We don't need to send 2 centers out there at the same time with most teams we play, although I do admit it might have been a decent option last night if Cobb ws around. Then you can have Larrier, Gilbert and Adams do what they were already doing anyway

Reaction Score
Arkansas is another team that we can beat that should be a top 100 RPI or so team. Like Oregon, and UConn too, they'll likely be much better in February and March than they are right now. Crucial game. The MSU game showed us that we are not quite ready to compete with and beat the elite teams on our schedule, and unfortunately most of our big time opportunities are against elite teams (Arizona, Villanova, Wichita, Cincy). Of course, no one knows the rate at which UConn will improve. We might be ready to beat a top team in December, maybe February, maybe next season. We have our top 3 players set. Hopefully 3 or 4 of our guys take that next step so we can start beating these teams.
Probably the most rational take I’ve seen today

Reaction Score
Michigan State looks a lot better than Duke right now despite losing to them. I'm not sure why there is so much negativity on the board over a loss to a top 5 team. I'm glad we played this game to figure out where we stand. Bottom line, you cant have poor shooting nights against quality teams.
They are some of the same people who overreact to a win.
The truth is we have 1 returning starter and it is going to take some time but you don't see much patience around here. Every game is a must win otherwise our season is over. It is really dumb but this is The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
No. Our offense struggles enough without putting an additional limited player on the floor.

The 4-guard + Larrier lineup should see more time than any 2-big lineup. This is 2017, not 1987.
Cant argue that. Would be a good way to go as both have their pros and cons.

Reaction Score
Because we should be a top 5 or 10 program. Duh. And getting excited about next year's class of 80 to 125 recruits isn't buzzing me. Right now, the ship be sinkin'

Jump off please you're not needed to keep it afloat I promise.

Reaction Score
In my eyes this will be another game in where whoever gets the loose ball and scraps more will come out the victor. Really whoever plays harder will win this one, similar to the Oregon game. The good thing is this team seems to play extremely hard, the bad thing so does Arkansas.

Reaction Score

Like the idea unfortunately our guards drive/create better than they shoot and the middle will be completely clogged on the offensive end with the 2 bigs hanging around, the defense not that concerned about them. Neither of these guys can step out to a wing although Cobb can pass and screen off the post. Especially not good for Arkansas who will be on full HP at all times.

Reaction Score
I really think a big W today, leaving with a 2-1 record in the PK80 with two good OOC Major conference wins and a loss to a top 5 team, would be absolutely huge heading into next couple of weeks. Big big game

Agree, very big game today for these kids.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Arkansas is high pressure run and gun. Could be a great track meet game. They are a top 10 team so Uconn will need their "A' game and "true grit/no quit" game. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is high pressure run and gun. Could be a great track meet game. They are a top 10 team so Uconn will need their "A' game and "true grit/no quit" game. Fingers crossed.

Could be a track meet but shouldn't be. They prefer that so our guys need to pick and choose when to and when not to run with them. 70's area game is better for us in this one, 90's for them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, very simple - out goal is to win championships. Given that, a loss to a top 5 team is not something to celebrate or accept without regret. I hope this helps.
Believe it or not, there is a universe that exists between negativity and celebration/acceptance.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, very simple - out goal is to win championships. Given that, a loss to a top 5 team is not something to celebrate or accept without regret. I hope this helps.

Here is the issue at hand. This year should not be about "championships" per se but instead about improvement in players, recruiting and the future. We were too far behind the expectations to jump as far as some would expect NC's and anyone who does, well never mind. We all hate to lose and by 20 is worst but there's a lot of games to play with a lot of young guys. To me how they adapt and improve is much more important than championship hopes this year. I've seen championships and I want those thoughts back, for now reality is they aren't but I like what I see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom