Moving on to Arkansas..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Moving on to Arkansas.....

Reaction Score
Arkansas is high pressure run and gun. Could be a great track meet game. They are a top 10 team so Uconn will need their "A' game and "true grit/no quit" game. Fingers crossed.
Arkansas isn't a top ten ranked team, they aren't ranked.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, there is a universe that exists between negativity and celebration/acceptance.
At the same time, there is a certain value in playing a top team like MSU in November, instead of having to wait until December to play Arizona. Gives us a month to figure out how to get better vs these teams instead of five days from Arizona to Wichita. Just another reason the Oregon game was paramount.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At the same time, there is a certain value in playing a top team like MSU in November, instead of having to wait until December to play Arizona. Gives us a month to figure out how to get better vs these teams instead of five days from Arizona to Wichita. Just another reason the Oregon game was paramount.
No doubt.

Just like playing a team as experienced and talented as Providence for our first exhibition--as ugly as that was--helped us be better prepared for the games that followed.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is a huge game. 5-1 goes a long way to meeting what I believe is an important threshold of 10 wins before conference play. Between Syracuse, Auburn, and Arizona (who isn't good right now), we should have a good chance to get to 10-2.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to win this game. Arkansas is not even a top 30 team in the nation and its an important game for us with regards to making the NCAA tournament. It takes pressure off the team with the rest of the non-conference games especially against Nova or Zona.

There is no reason we should not win this game. The day we start worrying about Arkansas is the day we don't have a national profile anymore. Arkansas isn't loaded with talent either like some other SEC teams.

#PICKANDROLLADAMS

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to win this game. Arkansas is not even a top 30 team in the nation and its an important game for us with regards to making the NCAA tournament. It takes pressure off the team with the rest of the non-conference games especially against Nova or Zona.

There is no reason we should not win this game. The day we start worrying about Arkansas is the day we don't have a national profile anymore. Arkansas isn't loaded with talent either like some other SEC teams.

#PICKANDROLLADAMS

If you're not worried about Arkansas today because we used to have a high national profile then you need a reality check magic. We are Arkansas for now and while I agree this is a big game if you expect we should win this game you really haven't paid attention for the last year and a half. Watched Arkansas the other night and thought they were very talented, wasn't watching close enough to know if they were deep or anything but there's trouble in them hogs for us if our guys aren't ready.

Reaction Score
We need a Coach who knows how to change momentum. 2nd half sat am Calhoun would have called TO long before ollie. When they outscored us 6-2 at beginning of the half Coach C would have called TO and changed some players/ Ollie waited till we were down 10. too late. As for last years players who left via transfer. Good riddance we don't need malcontents who don't bleed UCONN blue

Reaction Score
We need a Coach who knows how to change momentum. 2nd half sat am Calhoun would have called TO long before ollie. When they outscored us 6-2 at beginning of the half Coach C would have called TO and changed some players/ Ollie waited till we were down 10. too late. As for last years players who left via transfer. Good riddance we don't need malcontents who don't bleed UCONN blue

Ok who is that?

Reaction Score
Arkansas is ranked #39 in KenPom. We're ranked #66. I see this as another opportunity for us to notch a quality win and not an expected win.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a quality team, if we don't play well they will beat us by double digits.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Arkansas is a quality team, if we don't play well they will beat us by double digits.
44e14549b8c4afe5d875f01c885044cd325e955e372fae3358022af37012cbf7.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Because we should be a top 5 or 10 program. Duh. And getting excited about next year's class of 80 to 125 recruits isn't buzzing me. Right now, the ship be sinkin'
Adios and happy holidays.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Just an FYI, looking for those looking for the 3pm start against Arkansas. The game will most likely tip closer to 3:30pm as it’s on the same court as Texas v Gonzaga taking place currently on ESPN.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, very simple - out goal is to win championships. Given that, a loss to a top 5 team is not something to celebrate or accept without regret. I hope this helps.
Chief I do not post often but seems you have an insider's sense of what's going on. Why does Ollie and staff rely so heavily on the three man weave motion up top? He has run this from the moment he walked through the door, despite consistent effectiveness. As a former D1 player, if I'm a big man I'm not coming here. 3 man weave emphasizes guard play, freezes big man involvement.

C

Chief00

Chief I do not post often but seems you have an insider's sense of what's going on. Why does Ollie and staff rely so heavily on the three man weave motion up top? He has run this from the moment he walked through the door, despite consistent effectiveness. As a former D1 player, if I'm a big man I'm not coming here. 3 man weave emphasizes guard play, freezes big man involvement.
I agree it’s not a look a good Big is attracted to. KO pick and roll up top with guys spread on the 3 line can work with shooters - which we had in 2014 but not today. Until Chill joined KO seemed more interested in recruiting Kevin Ollie’s like guards than shooters. So no good Bigs and no shooters - where does that leave you? Eventually when you have 11 points sometime in the middle of the first half the defense wears down.
The offensive scheme basically takes offensive rebounds off the table, hence jail breaks going the wrong way.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I agree it’s not a look a good Big is attracted to. KO pick and roll up top with guys spread on the 3 line can work with shooters - which we had in 2014 but not today. Until Chill joined KO seemed more interested in recruiting Kevin Ollie’s like guards than shooters. So no good Bigs and no shooters - where does that leave you? Eventually when you have 11 points sometime in the middle of the first half the defense wears down.
The offensive scheme basically takes offensive rebounds off the table, hence jail breaks going the wrong way.
Thank you sir. I find the lack of adaptability really troubling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom