Morgan's Decision (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Morgan's Decision (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
God bless Morgan.

May you have "calm seas and fair winds" were ever your journey takes you.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A mature woman made a mature decision. I wish her health, happiness and success in everything she does. But whatever she does, wherever she goes, she will always be a Husky.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I began to think that this decision might be as much about not 'being left behind' as about leaving. With three players who had been so tight and gone through four years together I think a fifth year without them, however strongly she felt about the rest of the returning players would have been pretty hard on her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lots of boneyarders can (and may) speculate "the point," but only Morgan can explain.

Pappa33 - The point was simply this. The decision was HERS, and no one else. I totally agree and believe that she and her family came to to a decision a while ago. She no doubt informed Geno of her decision soon after. Geno (and staff) may have told her to wait until after the tournament to announce her decision to the public. Last night during the post-game "team"celebration, was not the time or place. That was a TEAM event. She (nor the coaches) did not want the focus to be shifted on to her alone. Holly Rowe had to ask the question, but I'm pretty sure she really didn't expect a definitive answer.

Morgan informed her teammates as well, and they were no doubt under a strict "gag order" from Geno, to keep that information private and in house. They did not want any leaks before the formal announcement. That's what she did. SHE wanted to choose the time, place and forum that she was most comfortable with. We (the boneyard and all other fans) do not have to know every little detail regarding a player's personal business or decisions, nor are we entitled to an explanation. We're just fans. We just go with the flow. Just be happy for her. The doorway to her adult life has just opened, and adventure awaits.

Reaction Score
I began to think that this decision might be as much about not 'being left behind' as about leaving. With three players who had been so tight and gone through four years together I think a fifth year without them, however strongly she felt about the rest of the returning players would have been pretty hard on her.
They all mentioned the bond they had developed even before they got to Uconn, and the bond between their families. We all had the opportunity to watch the magical ride to greatness with Morgan, Moriah, and Stewie. The memories will last each of us forever.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And 350 coaches breathe a sigh of relief

And an untold number of fans of those coaches' teams.

Reaction Score
A new Mt Rushmore, with Rebecca, Sue, DT, Maya, and a special monument for Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan undefeated in 24 NCAA games, truly the GOAT.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think once she earned the honor of having her name placed on the Husky Wall of Honor? she was satisfied. She played two of her best games of the season after earning that honor. That meant so much to her. Once she got that I believe she had accomplished all her goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom