Morgan Cheli is Naismith Semi-Finalist | The Boneyard

Morgan Cheli is Naismith Semi-Finalist

Reaction Score
1000008978.jpg

Reaction Score
She has played big in big games. Not sure how her defense will translate to the next level but her offensive toolbox is certainly college ready.

Reaction Score
She won't be declared the best player in the country, but she is pretty damned good. UCONN is fortunate to have her commitment.
Maybe not be she will have a huge bump in her overall class ranking.

Reaction Score
That's fantastic for Morgan, it's quite a list of players.
Great for Morgan, particularly since three were juniors, meaning she was considered in the top 7 seniors. On the other hand no Allie which is somewhat disappointing.

Reaction Score
Best player on the best team in the country with UConn written all over her.
My thoughts exactly. Morgan is the "FLOOR GENERAL".
If basketball is music, then Morgan is
the conductor of the MITTY team ... She creates the chemistry
that allows her teammates to play in
harmony.... I need to stop ...Maybe I'll get carried away! (HAH!)

Reaction Score
Ever since I first saw one of her highlight reels a few months ago I've been sold on her floor abilities and overall game.

She's 6'2"- maybe she could play some down low? Esp. if we don't land Ms. Strong...?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's time for ESPN to revisit their rankings for this class. Doesn't this list suggest Morgan should be at least top 7, if not higher? Instead of #18, I'd probably slot her in at #5 just ahead of Koval and Smith. But what do I know?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's time for ESPN to revisit their rankings for this class. Doesn't this list suggest Morgan should be at least top 7, if not higher? Instead of #18, I'd probably slot her in at #5 just ahead of Koval and Smith. But what do I know?

Why would this Jersey Mike's rating be viewed as more authoritative than the ESPN evaluators?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ever since I first saw one of her highlight reels a few months ago I've been sold on her floor abilities and overall game.

She's 6'2"- maybe she could play some down low? Esp. if we don't land Ms. Strong...?
It'll be interesting to see how she compares to Saylor Poffenbarger and Caroline DuCharme. In any event, I'm extremely bullish on her future.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see how she compares to Saylor Poffenbarger and Caroline DuCharme. In any event, I'm extremely bullish on her future.

I don't think putting her in the post makes much sense. Her handles are too good, and she's quite a bit quicker and higher energy than Caroline. Saylor has decent handles, but she's not really comparable to Morgan in this area. She has legit point guard skills. A better comparison is a slightly taller Haley Jones with quicker feet and better handles. Or maybe a taller Ashley Owusu. Having a big PG barreling down the floor can be quite intimidating, especially on the break.

Geno could actually play her at point and it wouldn't be a downgrade from KK or Paige. Tara tried this with Jones and it was disappointing. With Morgan, it wouldn't be.

She'd also make a great wing who can crash the boards. But I also think of her playing D at the top of the key and it would be like having Aubrey up there causing problems for smaller PGs. I suspect it will be hard to keep Morgan and Allie on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom