Morgan Cheli is a Husky! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Morgan Cheli is a Husky!

Reaction Score
Not a criticism, just an observation, I hope she develops her Left hand (for layups and back to the basket play) before she get here. She's got Talent for sure, using both hands makes her less predictable.
I saw one left-handed layup in the second video above, and maybe a second one (line of sight blocked). I do love her mid-range jumper!

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t imagine that were the case. They’re pretty similar game-wise, but they’re both versatile enough to play 2-4 (PG belongs to KK after next season).
My understanding that Morgan played PG only because she was the best player on the team.
She looks like a Small Forward/ Wing to me. JJuste is listed on the Lyon ( or was it FIBA ?)
web page as a shooting guard / small forward. But, as we know, UCONN is " positionless Basketball!"

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Moosejaw- - -I'm onto a Bi-Pap machine!
Before C-Pap I used to sleep about 4 hours a night and now about 6 hours!
I started with 108 episodes a night, now down to 8!
The only good part of my day is when I'm sleeping!
The last 9 years has been hell!
also on Bi-pap, started my first C-pap in 2001. 13 psi after first sleep study 286 sleep interruptions, longest 90 seconds. down to 7 psi most of the time. The machine has saved my life. So glad to be awake enough to see our Huskies play, can't wait to see our incoming players in the future. The future is bright for our Huskies, and many of us older BY fans are still able to enjoy our favorite team thanks to medical innovations. Stay healthy all my BY friends as we cheer on our favorite coaches, players, mascot and University. Huskies rule!!

Reaction Score
So I just did my homework by watching a bunch of videos on Morgan. A 6’2” pg, with a great handle who attacks the basket, rebounds, drops dimes and can shoot it from the arc??? I think she’ll fit in nicely…:)

By the way, as good as Morgan is, she is only the 2nd best player on the team behind another 6’2” player, McKenna Woliczko, who is just a 9th grader…:eek:
6’2” in the ninth grade? McKenna could still be eligible for a growth spurt.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
6’2” in the ninth grade? McKenna could still be eligible for a growth spurt.
She is remarkably strong and physically mature for a 15 year old, and has a lot of game in and around the paint.

Reaction Score
I love it when players say that they have always wanted to play at UConn since they were young ladies. I believe ICE is another on the team that said the same thing thing.

In the videos that were posted you can see that she has no issues with driving into the lane. That will help with opening up the floor for others. She is like Caroline in a way.

Saw all the lay-ups. But didn't see any with an outside game. Unless I missed one. How is her outside shot if I can ask? Looking forward for November. Thank you....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I love it when players say that they have always wanted to play at UConn since they were young ladies. I believe ICE is another on the team that said the same thing thing.

In the videos that were posted you can see that she has no issues with driving into the lane. That will help with opening up the floor for others. She is like Caroline in a way.

Saw all the lay-ups. But didn't see any with an outside game. Unless I missed one. How is her outside shot if I can ask? Looking forward for November. Thank you....
Initially, I saw all the driving layups and wondered the same thing. But then I came across several videos where Morgan knocks down a bunch of 3’s with a real nice shooting stroke. She’s a 3-level scorer who is also and excellent passer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam is familiar with Cheli and chimed in on the RebKell board.

Morgan Cheli is the real deal. She's a legit 6-2 who can easily defend and score on the perimeter. USA Basketball gold medalist, high school and club star.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Speaking of Clay Kallam, his writeup on NorCal players today included Cheli.

MORGAN CHELI
Wing | Archbishop Mitty-San Jose | 6-2 Junior

IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE: Cheli, just a junior, is already one of the top recruits in the country and a USA Basketball gold medalist. However, she only played 14 of Mitty’s 31 games this season, making it hard to justify her a spot on an all-NorCal team. But Cheli’s all-around game (15.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 3.0 steals per game) for the top team in Northern California can’t go without acknowledgement.

McKENNA WOLICZKO
Post | Archbishop Mitty-San Jose | 6-2 Freshman

FRESHMAN PHENOM: Woliczko is as difficult to pronounce as she is to guard. It’s “va-litch-ko,” in case you were wondering. But even if opponents knew how to say it, they couldn’t stop the freshman from averaging a double-double (20.2 and 10.3 rebounds). Her non-stop motor, unexpected speed, and skill around the basket mark her as the next Mitty superstar. She’s also a softball standout this spring.

Reaction Score
What was her injury?

Love what I'm reading in regard to a prior Nan link.
At one point in 2021 through early 2022 apparently she wasn't rated in top 100 in her class.
By May 2022 she was ranked 68.
Now she is ranked on Hoopgulrz as 18.

And this is considering her injury?
Impressive.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What was her injury?

Love what I'm reading in regard to a prior Nan link.
At one point in 2021 through early 2022 apparently she wasn't rated in top 100 in her class.
By May 2022 she was ranked 68.
Now she is ranked on Hoopgulrz as 18.

And this is considering her injury?
Impressive.

Foot injury.

Reaction Score
Along with Arnold and Ziebell that’s three of them in back to back classes dreaming that stuff. Who else is out there?

I’m sure Geno will find her

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom