More Upsets, and Counting [merged thread] | The Boneyard

More Upsets, and Counting [merged thread]

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken, but I believe that 11 out of the top 25 ranked teams have lost within the past 2+ days. Eight of those losses are to unranked teams.

Have tournaments in past years featured this many ranked teams getting knocked off at this rate?

Reaction Score
Upsets at this time of the year should not be unexpected. This is when you find out who the pretenders are and when the real teams emerge. UCONN was always the team that proved this statement when championship playing had to be there. 11 NC 's are proof. The teams that WIN prove they wanted it more. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Parity. Great for the sport and credit to the coaches who get teams ready at the right time.
Agree 100%. When you compare the number of high quality players and coaches available today to the numbers available 25 years ago and then add in the growth of community youth basketball programs for girls, it all points to the fact that parity has been achieved.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Add Tennessee to that list. This is not unimportant; if the SEC doesn’t get four teams in the Top 16, it makes it easier for UConn to be placed in Bridgeport.
The SEC will not have four. Who else would be top 16 other than SC, LSU, TN? Georgia had a shot but faded too much down the stretch.

Btw there's no way to know in advance whether a disruption to the S-curve to separate conference foes would make it less or more likely to get UConn in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
#4 Louisville loses to Miami
#6 LSU loses to Kentucky
#10 Michigan loses to Nebraska
#11 Maryland loses to #14 Indiana
#13 OSU loses to #14 Indiana
#14 AZ loses to Colorado
#16 NC loses to #21 VA Tech
#18 Tenn loses to Kentucky
#19 Okla loses to Kansas
#20 ND loses to Miami
#23 Fla loses to Ole Miss
#24 GA loses to Alabama

Reaction Score
#4 Louisville loses to Miami
#6 LSU loses to Kentucky
#10 Michigan loses to Nebraska
#11 Maryland loses to #14 Indiana
#13 OSU loses to #14 Indiana
#14 AZ loses to Colorado
#16 NC loses to #21 VA Tech
#18 Tenn loses to Kentucky
#19 Okla loses to Kansas
#20 ND loses to Miami
#23 Fla loses to Ole Miss
#24 GA loses to Alabama
This is the basketball gods giving Uconn a break and placing them in the Bridgeport region... Hopefully

Reaction Score
I may be mistaken, but I believe that 11 out of the top 25 ranked teams have lost within the past 2+ days. Eight of those losses are to unranked teams.

Have tournaments in past years featured this many ranked teams getting knocked off at this rate?
No. And neither has the regular season in past years featured 5 losses for us, including to some unranked teams! It has been one wacky year all the way around. And it ain't over yet.

Just how long has it been since a team with 5 losses won the NATY? :eek: :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just watched the best game of the day. Seton Hall vs Creighton. The Hall pulls out a 1 point win with 2.1 seconds left 66-65. Wow!!! Numerous lead changes in the 4th quarter.

Mya Bembry hit the game winning shot, but Lauren Park-Lane was the game MVP. The Hall does not win that game without her production and floor leadership. A tip o’ the turban to Park-Lane and her teammates, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. :) Watching this game, it was easy to see how and why she led the conference in assists.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No. And neither has the regular season in past years featured 5 losses for us, including to some unranked teams! It has been one wacky year all the way around. And it ain't over yet.

I think these upsets are an “omen.” It would not surprise me to see more upsets like these in the national tournament. If you are a wcbb fan, you’ve got to love it. You can’t take anything or any game for granted.

Reaction Score
The downside will probably be for other Big East teams as there probably won't be room for anymore than 2 in the dance.
Only if the teams win the conference tournament, otherwise it will just be a win over a ranked opponent and not really affect the BE teams who are ranked ahead of them.

Reaction Score
Creighton loses to Seton Hall lolllll how is this a 9th seed in the tournament?

Reaction Score

Wacky season? Let's not forget the men sweeping 5 games in 5 days in the BE tournament and then 6 games in the NCAA to win the NATY as a 7th seed in their bracket. Going to be hard for any team men or women to top that.

Reaction Score
Creighton loses to Seton Hall lolllll how is this a 9th seed in the tournament?
Probably the same way Louisville lost to Miami...how is Louisville a #1 seed?
ND loses to Miami...how is ND a #5 seed?
Michigan lost to Nebraska...how is Michigan a #3 seed?

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to other upsets that took place over the last couple days however you're in the right thread though.

Reaction Score
The last few days have been crazy and maybe this an omen for the NCAA tournament. I do think the game is reaching that magical point of "parity" that has been desired by many and makes the games more fun.

The tournament and FF should be good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just watched the best game of the day. Seton Hall vs Creighton. The Hall pulls out a 1 point win with 2.1 seconds left 66-65. Wow!!! Numerous lead changes in the 4th quarter.

Mya Bembry hit the game winning shot, but Lauren Park-Lane was the game MVP. The Hall does not win that game without her production and floor leadership. A tip o’ the turban to Park-Lane and her teammates, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. :) Watching this game, it was easy to see how and why she led the conference in assists.

Lauren is among the best in the country

ASSISTS PER GAME
  • Last updated March 5, 2022 - Through games March 4, 2022
RANKNAMETEAMCLHEIGHTPOSITIONGASTAPG
1Caitlin ClarkIowaSo.6-0G282318.2
2Olivia MilesNotre DameFr.5-10G292107.2
-Lauren Park-LaneSeton HallJr.5-4G292107.2
4Emily RyanIowa St.So.5-11G292097.2
5McKenna HofschildColorado St.Jr.5-2G281856.6
6Veronica BurtonNorthwesternSr.5-9G291876.4
7Tatum RembaoCreightonSr.5-9G281796.4
8Kennedy TaylorTexas St.Sr.5-3G291836.3
9Lianna TillmanSacramento St.Sr.5-9G281756.2
10Jenna AnnecchiaricoCol. of CharlestonJr.5-5G281746.2

Reaction Score
Probably the same way Louisville lost to Miami...how is Louisville a #1 seed?
ND loses to Miami...how is ND a #5 seed?
Michigan lost to Nebraska...how is Michigan a #3 seed?

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to other upsets that took place over the last couple days however you're in the right thread though.
welp you did the unthinkable, you made me defend Louisville. Plebe will be pleased.

Louisville beat Michigan who is ranked 7th in the polls, Nd twice badly who is ranked, and Vtech who is ranked, let me know when Creighton has any of those resume wins.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
In aggregate, 12 losses to top 25 teams is impressive, but 3 of them were to teams also ranked fairly close to those that lost, especially Indiana’s 2 wins.

Still, even losses is impressive!

Reaction Score
welp you did the unthinkable, you made me defend Louisville. Plebe will be pleased.

Louisville beat Michigan who is ranked 7th in the polls, Nd twice badly who is ranked, and Vtech who is ranked, let me know when Creighton has any of those resume wins.
Nice 180, and here I thought you were talking about unranked teams winning/upsetting against (currently) seeded teams. The fact still remains Miami is unranked and beating Louisville....oh yeah you also forgot to mention Louisville also beat UConn..lollll

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom