More smoke about Turtle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

More smoke about Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will definitely follow Turtle and I have no problem rooting for him. A couple years ago, ESPN called said he had the potential to be the most complete guard in 2015; he was a top 15 prospect, and called the best guard out of Georgia in a decade. Then that injury happened, and it seems to have robbed the world of what would have been an amazing basketball player with NBA star potential. I have deep sympathies for Turtle, and I do think that KO would have been able to refind that potential. I hope we can find out, but that looks very bleak right now.
Too bad. So you're saying Turtle is only a shell of his former self?

Reaction Score
Both Ali and Jackson committed before the NC. Just speculating here, but I think KO's recruiting strategy changed after the tournament thus all the recent commits/decommits. In the end it's going to work out for everyone.
Calhoun first year the two best players he inherited from Perno were ineligible.
They returned the following year. One of those players played many years in the NBA. Also he inherited Tate George.,Jeff King,,Gary Besselink,Steve Pikell and spider Usery .these teams had some talent . If you add Cliff ,and Phil to those roll players Calhoun's first team would have won a lot more games. ESPN would have said "he winning with Perno's players."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm all for whoever ends up at UCONN whether it is a package deal or a few players who want to be at UCONN and are not afraid of competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom