More Paige | The Boneyard

More Paige

Reaction Score
Interesting sentences,
-Bueckers (pronounced "Beckers")

-By fourth grade, people were talking about the possibility of her playing for UConn.

-She'll play her last game at Hopkins. She'll walk across the stage to receive her diploma. She'll drive across the country to enroll at UConn. She'll put on her Huskies uniform for her first game. She'll become the most scrutinized freshman in the country. Basketball will still be a joy, but it will no longer be just that. It will also be a job.

-"They're always saying, 'Oh, man, UConn needs you right now!'" she says, "but I know it won't be like that next year. All the players have told me, 'Your freshman season is going to suck.'"

Reaction Score
The word "special" is so very fitting for this young lady.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It has all been said again and again, but this is a fine example. And her being a UConn recruit, well that makes the read all the sweeter.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I look forward to UConn's first year back in the Big East and the next 4 years of maybe the best class ever to come to UConn. Can see the headlines now, "UConn is Bad for Women's College Basketball!" just love it.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
P. Diddy My daughter was his personal asst for 3.5 years. I have an autographed picture in my office. I even have Sean John sweats and Tshirts and Im a Beatle fan. LOL

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just started a thread with some footage of her as an 8th grader with Hopkins beating the then #1 and she's doing what she is doing now. What a talent.

Reaction Score
I've had the pleasure of watching numerous PB videos. One impression I've gotten is how really well coached Hopkins is. I'm also impressed with both #20 (Taylor Woodson) and #34 (Maya Nnaji). They work so superbly with Paige that I'm wondering if she can bring them to UConn when they graduate. We've speculated about Paige enticing her good friend Azzi Fudd to Storrs next year, so why not a few others? The chemistry PB has with these young women is almost magical. (Paige also helped make Aliyah Boston successful with USA bb, such that I thought Boston was nuts not to come here to play with Beuckers.)
PS/Azzi seems to be making great progress with her injury, almost back to where she was.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Interesting sentences,
-Bueckers (pronounced "Beckers")

-By fourth grade, people were talking about the possibility of her playing for UConn.

-She'll play her last game at Hopkins. She'll walk across the stage to receive her diploma. She'll drive across the country to enroll at UConn. She'll put on her Huskies uniform for her first game. She'll become the most scrutinized freshman in the country. Basketball will still be a joy, but it will no longer be just that. It will also be a job.

-"They're always saying, 'Oh, man, UConn needs you right now!'" she says, "but I know it won't be like that next year. All the players have told me, 'Your freshman season is going to suck.'"
And this one: Her father was a point guard and coached Paige until she was in elementary school.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess some kids "dribble" at an early age but Paige really dribbled. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hopkins leading Wayzata 41-34 at the half. Paige with 18 pts so far.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige has missed 8 of her last 9 shots and Hopkins is in a tight one.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige has missed 8 of her last 9 shots and Hopkins is in a tight one.

But getting to the foul line, added a 30' 3 and will come up with the goods. Better than 99% of the college games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom