More insight into Azura's plans at UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

More insight into Azura's plans at UConn

Reaction Score
Can you cite where SHE ever indicated her experience at Duke was so negative? I haven't seen anywhere that she indicated such. Unless SHE specifically indicated it, please don't attribute it to her.

trisailin- - - When Azura transferred she said, "After my sophomore year at Duke I want to be the best player I can be, and it was evident to me that that wasn't going to happen there and I would have to transfer to reach my goals!"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stevens reflecting on her two years at Duke - She almost committed without so much as a visit when UConn expressed interest upon her departure from Duke. Her parents eventually talked her into at least going on the trip, all the more considering she spent her first two years of college mere miles from her hometown and her family in North Carolina, but she made up her mind before the visit wrapped up.

"I think I was just looking for a place that would help me to grow and push me to further limits," Stevens said. "Just an environment that was not as negative. I don't want to say toxic, but my sophomore year was really, really hard".

Reaction Score
[Stewie, Kaleena, and Dolson] were a great front court. The question posed was whether they were as good as next years front court of Z, Phee and KLS. Their best year was the 13-14 season when they averaged 45.3ppg and 22.8 rpg. Last year Gabby , Phee and KLS were 54.9 ppg and 21.4rpg. The trio will be better this year. And if you want to bring the bench into the discussion, who would you rather have Kiah or Z? From what I've seen, I'd take Z.
So I guess what I'm saying is that this year's team could be the best front court ever particularly if you throw in the bench but next years starting 3 could be even better and probably the best.
Why Stewie, Kaleena, and Dolson might be better than the current group is that they had more muscle in Kaleena and esp. Stef and a freakish athlete in Stewie who is 5" taller than the current freakish athlete, Gabby. Both fantastic groups, but the earlier group may well have been more physically imposing on defense. (Of course, we haven't seen how Z will evolve this year, and Lou shows signs of developing more aggressiveness under the boards).

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
They were a great front court. The question posed was whether they were as good as next years front court of Z, Phee and KLS. Their best year was the 13-14 season when they averaged 45.3ppg and 22.8 rpg. Last year Gabby , Phee and KLS were 54.9 ppg and 21.4rpg. The trio will be better this year. And if you want to bring the bench into the discussion, who would you rather have Kiah or Z? From what I've seen, I'd take Z.
So I guess what I'm saying is that this year's team could be the best front court ever particularly if you throw in the bench but next years starting 3 could be even better and probably the best.
Well, you may well be right. My only point really was that in any discussion of best front courts, the 2013-14 one should be in the conversation. I mentioned only them because 1) I'm biased--that was my favorite team--and 2) I knew others would want to add their choices, including of course the 2001-02 team.

At any rate, if this year's team, and next year's, include the two greatest front-courts ever in UConn history, I'm all in for that.

These discussions are fun. I kind of wish we had more of them.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we have at least 4-5 frontcourts in contention for the best/favorite one.

In terms of backcourts, Sue and Diana are the gold standard, though we have had some other very good ones. If we are fortunate enough to get Paige Buckers and Azzi Fudd, they could become legendary too. Crystal and Christyn should be outstanding too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom