OT: - More gripes about WCBB referees | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: More gripes about WCBB referees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That should have led to an ejection, not just a technical.

LSU absolutely deserved to win today; they were clearly the better team. But this is the worst refereed game I've seen this year, and that is saying a lot.
True, but bad officiating also can change the momentum of a game.

Reaction Score
She was being mugged on every possession just like Lou was for most of the year. It's not basketball. If those restraint of movement fouls were called it would have been a different game. The refs were terrible and Mulkey took full advantage of it. She was 15 feet onto the Court at one point during play and nothing.
All the fouls were hard to watch and took away from the great shooting by many of the players. Too many fouls called away from the ball. Many seemed petty for a game of such importance. Hope this changes along with the many flops in basketball today.

Reaction Score
Not an excuse.

Just like the players prep, so must the officials. They're about to ref the national championship game broadcast nationally, streamed throughout the world. One would expect they'd invest time watching game film from both teams, once the competitors were determined, in order to avoid making fools of themselves.

For whatever reason, the only thing they avoided was enabling the two teams to have it with their best. For all the reasons cited above in this thread, their performance was a disgrace. Going forward, the only way these lugnuts should sniff a women's college basketball game of any import should be if they pay for a ticket.

Didn’t mean it as an excuse but as one potential reason for them being overwhelmed by the game.

Reaction Score
I totally agree that the officiating was terrible, but it was terrible against both teams. Iowa lost because they rely too much on Clark, the same as Uconn relied too much on Paige two years ago.
That is no excuse. Terrible is unacceptable at this stage of the season and with the stakes this high. The NCAA seemed more excited about having an all female crew call the game than they did having the best three available call the game. If they are female or male doesn't matter to me as long as they are the best available.

Iowa not only had their best three players in foul trouble all day it kept them from playing their way when they were on the court. LSU played a fantastic game and most likely would have still won the game but it sure wasn't as much fun for the fans to watch.

Reaction Score
All the fouls were hard to watch and took away from the great shooting by many of the players. Too many fouls called away from the ball. Many seemed petty for a game of such importance. Hope this changes along with the many flops in basketball today.
They need to adopt an anti- flopping rule like the men have. Notice the decrease in flops this year I men’s basketball ? I truly believe that there is either sexism at play in the NCAA or some extremely lazy or indifferent people making decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom