HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Voepel writes for ESPN

E7F37E50-BCD3-4D1B-93F2-A0477601B4EB.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Many of us have pointed out the perceived anti-UConn bias on ESPN. The silliness reached new heights this morning on the Women's College Basketball web page. I visited to see if there was a story on the game or about Aubrey. No featured stories but there was a highlight featured as part of Wednesdays Best: The Creighton buzzer beater that didn't beat the buzzer and didn't count. Still posted a full 12 hours after the game. Not Paige's super efficient 3 point shooting, not the fantastic Ice to Paige to Ash play, but a shot that didn't count by a team that lost by 40.
That's not silly! This is silly:

Reaction Score
I began to follow womens' college basketball partly because I found ESPN that was not only talalking about the 2-3 teams but was also speaking about recruiting and mid majors sometimes.
At the time, my interrest began there were battles fror who would sign the 2 gest high schoolers, Tina Charles and Maya Moore, so that was 2006. And I can assure you that if my choice went to follow this already great team was in part due to the fact that ESPN was always referring or speaking about them ... at the time, though the team was within its losing years
And that's the same with Stanford, which is the second team I am following

Reaction Score
ESPN started by making some noise about the LV / UCONN rivalry, now they have evolved as the sport ans as the teams have. No disrespect from me.

Reaction Score
This theory doesn't explain the attention Clark is getting considering the Big 10 is no longer broadcast by ESPN. They had no issues broadcasting clips from Peacock/NBC.

Like someone else said, there have been claims of an unholy partnership between ESPN and UConn in the past, which Boneyarders will debunk whenever it was brought up. Now it's the other way around? So which is it as it can't be both.
it's still a hype. they may not broadcast the Big 10 but this new deal will allow them to broadcast the playoffs Clark is a big part of that promotion to lift the ratings of women's basketball and as soon as she's drafted they're hoping that exposure will extend into the WNBA as they attempt to raise their ratings as well. it's the same playbook NBC and the NBA used in 1979 when they broadcasted Magic vs Bird to improve future NBA ratings by hyping up the 2 best players in college at the time. History has shown it worked

Reaction Score
it's still a hype. they may not broadcast the Big 10 but this new deal will allow them to broadcast the playoffs Clark is a big part of that promotion to lift the ratings of women's basketball and as soon as she's drafted they're hoping that exposure will extend into the WNBA as they attempt to raise their ratings as well. it's the same playbook NBC and the NBA used in 1979 when they broadcasted Magic vs Bird to improve future NBA ratings by hyping up the 2 best players in college at the time. History has shown it worked

Which is fine and expected, but my reply was in response to someone who believes ESPN is only focusing on teams from conferences they have broadcasting agreements with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom