Mora on Rosa “Well he’s our third string right now” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mora on Rosa “Well he’s our third string right now”

Reaction Score
To my ear, Mora’s comment had the familiar sound of a Parcells/Belichick zinger. Like them, Mora knows who can take a comment as motivation rather than criticism. Far from trying to deflate Victors ego, I saw Mora’s comment as trying to support the “egos“ of Houston and Brewton. Mora knows that Victor has an excellent social media platform and is making a name for himself—not just being on watch lists—but in the eyes of the local media who are gravitating to his “celebrity”. It was his way of saying to the horde, don’t forget Houston and Brewton. They could use some media love and attention too.

Reaction Score
Also just to defend the thread’s existence. It’s the second most posted in thread at the top of the board with 19 days left to game 1. So clearly it’s a topic people are interested in. We all thought Rosa was RB1.
NC State confused too.,.. Point Mora.

Reaction Score
I was at the Syracuse game when Houston ran for a touchdown…i have never seen anyone run so fast…he was in the end zone before the Syracuse players could even react..

Reaction Score
Correct but he had more carries and also has 8 more tds than the next guy which was Houston and he was a freshman. We are blessed to have this much depth in our backfield it's a great problem to have but Vic is the only one imo that is a true every down back.
Who was also plagued by injuries….

Reaction Score
To my ear, Mora’s comment had the familiar sound of a Parcells/Belichick zinger. Like them, Mora knows who can take a comment as motivation rather than criticism. Far from trying to deflate Victors ego, I saw Mora’s comment as trying to support the “egos“ of Houston and Brewton. Mora knows that Victor has an excellent social media platform and is making a name for himself—not just being on watch lists—but in the eyes of the local media who are gravitating to his “celebrity”. It was his way of saying to the horde, don’t forget Houston and Brewton. They could use some media love and attention too.
One could argue it may have worked... there were multiple articles/social media posts across the spectrum on Houston, Brewton, Rosa, Mitchell, Edwards and the RB Room depth this week.

UConn counting on strength in numbers, health at running back to jumpstart offense in 2023

How UConn football's Brian Brewton can contribute in Huskies' talented backfield: 'Give it your all'

UConn running back Devontae Houston emerged as key player last season. Why he expects to be better

Why CT native Victor Rosa is ready for sophomore year with UConn football team: 'Much more confident'

Reaction Score
I was at the Syracuse game when Houston ran for a touchdown…i have never seen anyone run so fast…he was in the end zone before the Syracuse players could even react..
That was amazing.

One thing Mora needs to do this year is keep these dudes off the kickoff return team.

We don’t need any more unnecessary injuries.

Reaction Score
Brewton is one of the best kick returners in the country. I suspect he sees the field on KOs.
I know he’s that’ good but dang…. .If I see him go off the field limping again, going to cause me to have a coronary.

I just want to see Houston, Brewton on the field for most of the season and see what we can do!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excited Ric Flair GIF

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Clearly not the shadow of a man that we once knew...

Reaction Score
Houston with the speed
Brewton also with the speed
Rosa with the shifts
Mitchell with the power

No matter what the order is according to coach, i love this lineup

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Houston with the speed
Brewton also with the speed
Rosa with the shifts
Mitchell with the power

No matter what the order is according to coach, i love this lineup
Rumor also of the TE transfer from Michigan getting carries

Reaction Score
Yeah and that was shown a bit in the Spring Showcase. I'm curious to see how much that gets used.

Reaction Score
Also just to defend the thread’s existence. It’s the second most posted in thread at the top of the board with 19 days left to game 1. So clearly it’s a topic people are interested in. We all thought Rosa was RB1.
Did “we,” or did you? I certainly didn’t.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom