Montrezl Harrel to return to Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Montrezl Harrel to return to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Robinson was much more polished and a better all around player when he left KU. Robinson is also around 6'10 I think.

I don't see the comparison.

I posted that when I thought Harrell was around 6'8", Robinson only measured 6'8.75" in shoes so I thought their heights were similar(their wingspans are about the same tho). I never thought Robinson was polished at all really, TJones bothered him alot in the title game cause he had the height, length, and athleticism to go up against him and Robinson couldn't counter him with any kind of skill around the basket. It also shows in the league, dude is one of the worst finishing big men I've ever seen because he lacks skill and touch around the rim and is now dealing with defenders with the length and athleticism to bother him that he didn't see on a regular basis in college. Robinson's game in college was all built around bully ball and athleticism imo, the majority of college 4s couldn't match him physically, its a different story in the pros tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He just wants another year so Pitino can name a horse after him.

Reaction Score
thank god he is in the ACC next year. I cant take his beat downs anymore. I'm sure there have been a couple (Kerry Kittles and Preston Schumpert come to mind) but I cannot think of a single player who dominated every matchup against Uconn in the way Harrel did. Just a terrible match up for us.

Oh I don't know. I thought Peyton Siva handled UConn pretty good. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was shocked when he was measured at the Team USA stuff last summer and that he's under 6'6". He looks much bigger than that on the court.

Like Dejuan Blair in that respect.

Reaction Score
Harrell is not even 6'6" barefoot.

So for all intents and purposes, we're talking about a kid who is Jeff Adrien's size when he left UConn. He's not a particularly gifted offensive player and it's hard to keep a 46% free throw shooter in the floor at the end of games.

But, like Adrien, he plays bigger than he is and he plays hard - there's a place for guys like them in the league, but I'm not sure you want to blow a high pick on 'em.

Trez will work on his midrange shot - he is close now. Gorgui Dieng's draft stock rose like a bullet when he showed his accuracy with the elbow jumper. His free throws are also a mess, having gone down rather than up in percentage.

Trez has a 7' 4" wing span, works harder than anyone in basketball, has an exceptional strong lower body, like Adrien (a perfect comparison, imo), and he is still young as hell. He also really enjoys college. The likelihood of his getting hurt is not really that great inasmuch as he tends to hurt others first. :)

Truth is, as a business decision, it is possibly a worthwhile risk. If he can play himself into a Lottery position, it will an exceptionally smart move.

Reaction Score
Wonder why

He is driven by a dark spot on his personal record against the Hungry Huskies. Montrezl wants to exact revenge for letting his team lose by 4 in the 2nd half to the Huskies in the championship game. Winning by 14 in the 1st half was not enough.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Trez has a 7' 4" wing span, works harder than anyone in basketball, .

I was going mock this statement, but the kid does hustle out there. He has a plucky grittiness about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom