Montrezl Harrel to return to Louisville | The Boneyard

Montrezl Harrel to return to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Interesting decision. His draft stock might take a hit playing against ACC front lines night in and night out [instead of AAC front lines].

Reaction Score
Very strange decision. He was going to go in the first round, with guaranteed money. Can't really see how he could improve THAT much over this season, and now he'll be a year older (and therefore less attractive to most teams).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
thank god he is in the ACC next year. I cant take his beat downs anymore. I'm sure there have been a couple (Kerry Kittles and Preston Schumpert come to mind) but I cannot think of a single player who dominated every matchup against Uconn in the way Harrel did. Just a terrible match up for us.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The mock drafts are fine and dandy, but perhaps the official NBA evaluation was not as glowing.
Despite all the rave reviews during the season, I still see him as Tyrus Thomas 2.0 in the NBA. That is not a good thing.

Reaction Score
He's an absolute beast, but he's probably not the 6'8'' that he's listed at. In which case, he's a 6'7'' (or smaller) power forward.

Reaction Score
thank god he is in the ACC next year. I cant take his beat downs anymore. I'm sure there have been a couple (Kerry Kittles and Preston Schumpert come to mind) but I cannot think of a single player who dominated every matchup against Uconn in the way Harrel did. Just a terrible match up for us.

Darius Rice, Ryan Gomes, Peyton Siva...

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Thomas Robinson and he's not doing too hot in the league

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Harrell is not even 6'6" barefoot.

So for all intents and purposes, we're talking about a kid who is Jeff Adrien's size when he left UConn. He's not a particularly gifted offensive player and it's hard to keep a 46% free throw shooter in the floor at the end of games.

But, like Adrien, he plays bigger than he is and he plays hard - there's a place for guys like them in the league, but I'm not sure you want to blow a high pick on 'em.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Our guys would be ready for him and not fraidy scared...being champions and all.

Reaction Score
I think its no coincidence his numbers exploded this year considering the competition. He would be well served to develop an 18ft j and Google the Steve Nash free throw drill ;-)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, if he was one of our guys, we'd all be complementing him on his decision. The kid is a beast, though, no doubt about it.

Reaction Score
He's a beast but his ability to score when out of drinking range seemed to be just beginning to show some life. If he can show that he can knock down midrange shots and score off the bounce, he could work himself into the upper part of the draft.

He's the type of player who isn't likely going to hurt his draft stock by returning. The risks are he could get hurt, and if he doesn't improve, would be leaving one year and its earnings on the table.

Might be a good move on his part if getting drafted in the first round isn't a lock.

Reaction Score
What an idiot . He won't get better with 1 year. He rebounds and that translates and works hard. This is a huge shock

Reaction Score
Despite all the rave reviews during the season, I still see him as Tyrus Thomas 2.0 in the NBA. That is not a good thing.
It all depends on the motivation to be good. There's tyrus yhomass then again there's Jerome Williams. Same type of player different motivation

Reaction Score
That's a surprise...he seemed like a lock to go. Didn't Pitino basically say there's no way he's coming back?

Reaction Score
Meh, if he was one of our guys, we'd all be complementing him on his decision. The kid is a beast, though, no doubt about it.

Where he goes to school makes no difference.. he's a 6'6-6'7 power forward who doesn't have much of a one-on-one post game or a perimeter game. Beasting in college and playing in the NBA are 2 different animals.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
He's a beast but his ability to score when out of drinking range seemed to be just beginning to show some life.

Maybe *your* drinking range. I'm good out to about 100 miles. :)

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Thomas Robinson and he's not doing too hot in the league
Robinson was much more polished and a better all around player when he left KU. Robinson is also around 6'10 I think.

I don't see the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01