Montrell Dobbs Won't Meet UConn Qualifying Standards | The Boneyard

Montrell Dobbs Won't Meet UConn Qualifying Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is a reason Edsall didn't recruit at Milford Academy. It is a football factory that exists only to get guys with questionable grades up to qualifying standards. The minimum standards to qualify at UConn are quit different and higher than many NCAA schools including some in the BE. Many Milford players would have trouble qualifying at UConn. I guess Pasqualoni doesn't get a couple of free passes for some of his early recruits.

It is only November so unless Dobbs wants to enroll in January he has many months to get his grades or SAT score up. If he really wants UConn there is still time.

Reaction Score
I guess the RB woes continue in Huskyland... Not that we're bad off at the position... We do need another IMPACT back... my two cents...

Reaction Score
what a cluster. How can this kid screw this one up. His family put out like $25-30 thousand to go to Milford for the semester. How can he not qualify. You go to milford to do two things: get buckled down with grades to get qualified and improve in football. Thats it.

Reaction Score
...... His family put out like $25-30 thousand to go to Milford for the semester. How can he not qualify. You go to milford to do two things: get buckled down with grades to get qualified and improve in football. Thats it.

He has to pay? He's not on scholarship?

I don't think the Hargrave or Fork Union fb players pay anything.

Reaction Score
Well this sucks if true.. We need uconnfootball12 to confirm. I believe he is the poster connected w/ Milford and Ansonia.

Reaction Score
Couldn't he do a semester @ a community college then transfer to UConn?

Reaction Score
If he can't qualify now how will a CC get him qualified?

I thought he couldn't meet UConn requirements, not that he didn't qualify per NCAA requirements.

If he went to a cc for the january semester and got b level grades for a semester taking college level classes! Couldn't he then apply to UConn as a transfer student? This kid wants UConn, we should try everything within the rules.

Reaction Score
The next person who wastes my time talking about an Ansonia High product going to UConn is getting a pie in the face. Tinney. Kuraczea. Now Dobbs. Enough. Can we only talk about kids coming from high schools that have a chance to get him qualified and remain academically eligible? Ansonia is not such a place.

Reaction Score
I thought he couldn't meet UConn requirements, not that he didn't qualify per NCAA requirements.

If he went to a cc for the january semester and got b level grades for a semester taking college level classes! Couldn't he then apply to UConn as a transfer student? This kid wants UConn, we should try everything within the rules.

Fair point. I guess I was thinking if his grades aren't good enough now.....

Dam shame.

Reaction Score
The next person who wastes my time talking about an Ansonia High product going to UConn is getting a pie in the face. Tinney. Kuraczea. Now Dobbs. Enough. Can we only talk about kids coming from high schools that have a chance to get him qualified and remain academically eligible? Ansonia is not such a place.

Are those billable hours?

Reaction Score
I say we get those knuckleheads Occupying Hartford to head to the Ansonia's HC's house.

Pretty sad

Reaction Score

i take it you got a speeding ticket in Ansonia recently? that's usually when i start hating towns

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this would be 2 4*commits in the staffs 1st year together that we cant get on campus. we didn't spend all that $$ to build duke football. wtf get in the game or dont play.

Reaction Score
huskydan if all the scandals in college sports have taught us anything its that these kids should be students first and athlete second. its not fair to all the kids who have their together to bend rules for some. i respect uconn if its following the right rules. this just sucks hard for us fans, and for montrell, especially since he was a recruit that put in the press about how much love he had for the old state U

Reaction Score
this would be 2 4*commits in the staffs 1st year together that we cant get on campus. we didn't spend all that $$ to build duke football. wtf get in the game or dont play.

whats the other 4 star?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im just fustrated huskyfan16, feel free to ignore me and my stupid self.

flyer-jordan armstrong gave us a verbal when he visited per his hs coach. he is home schooled and plays with the local hs which another uconn commit also plays for. there is a recrods transfer issue with him getting in at uconn also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom