Monday's other games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Monday's other games

Reaction Score
They were red hot in the 1st quarter on Saturday against Gonzaga, but still hit timely 3's throughout the game to stave off every rally. Tonight they hit several in the 3rd quarter just when UW was starting to pull away. I didn't think OU was capable of playing much better than they did in the first half but were still down by 7. They maintained contact for a while, but then UW put them in the rearview mirror. I hope Romeo can put whatever she had going on tonight in a bottle and have some leftover for the next game. I've seen McDonald light teams up several times this year, so her performance really wasn't an anomaly. OU is just lucky she was in such foul trouble. She barely played more than a quarter and still had 13 at the half. Picked up 2 more close together in the 3rd quarter. They couldn't defend her. She easily could've scored 25 or so if she could've stayed on the court.

Oklahoma was taking, and making, lots of tough shots. Rarely can that continue for a whole game, and when they finally started to miss UW flew by them.

McDonald has improved tremendously this season, especially so in the last month. She's now serious help in bringing the ball upcourt against pressure, plus she's much, much better in the half-court offense than she was back in December-January. She's no longer part of the problem, but a solid third player. The onus remains on Romeo, Collier, Johnson, and the other senior whose name is eluding me. If that group can contribute, Washington is capable of even beating Baylor. The ride would end after that, but a tremendous ride it would have been.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oklahoma was taking, and making, lots of tough shots. Rarely can that continue for a whole game, and when they finally started to miss UW flew by them.

McDonald has improved tremendously this season, especially so in the last month. She's now serious help in bringing the ball upcourt against pressure, plus she's much, much better in the half-court offense than she was back in December-January. She's no longer part of the problem, but a solid third player. The onus remains on Romeo, Collier, Johnson, and the other senior whose name is eluding me. If that group can contribute, Washington is capable of even beating Baylor. The ride would end after that, but a tremendous ride it would have been.
Is Corral a senior? I can't think of anyone else who gets significant minutes.

Reaction Score
Is Corral a senior? I can't think of anyone else who gets significant minutes.

Yep, Heather Corral is the girl whose name I couldn't remember. She's academically a senior, but coach Neighbors said that there's a chance that she could be granted another year of eligibility by the NCAA. He also said that whether or not she would take that year is another question because she's had so many injury problems. She's usually done alright in limited minutes, knocking down the occasional three.

Reaction Score
Because its a team sport. What good is scoring 50 points a game when no one else is scoring? She isn't that good to win a NC by her self, as she isn't Maya! Do you really think they would challenge uconn for a NC? Uconn would blow them out worse then Syracuse if they met in the tourney.
The big negative of playing for Uconn is you as a single player can score big points once in a while--you can even score 46 or 40 points --in a game here and there but you are expected to share the wealth--like Kia did against the Cuse. Occasionally Uconn has a single scoring asset (Maya) and she gets to set records.

Reaction Score
I thought she should have gone into concussion protocol, not back into the game. That was a nasty fall.
Winning a game---is a big deal for a coach--even the player---but adults/medical must consider the long term effects of head/brain injuries--when in doubt always the error must be for the good of the player/young person. There is too much data to support this protection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom