Monday's other games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
WOW. Great job by QUIN-uh-pe-ac.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
WOW! The team they remind me of - Uconn. Not the athletes, but every player can score and shoot really well when open. They run really good offense, and they play really smart team defense even when they are getting hit with BS fouls. Wonder if the coaching staff has spent time in Storrs?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope that all the doubters and detractors are taking notice of the day the Pac-12 is having:

Stanford dominates AT K-State, wins by 21.
Washington opens up a can on Oklahoma, wins by 26.
UCLA with a comprehensive beatdown so far on Texas A&M, up by 31 after 3Q.

Reaction Score
And now they don't have the argument that Plum only looks good because she's in the "overrated" Pac-12.
This performance by Plum was a masterpiece
She is good no doubt, but she wouldn't be scoring 38 points against UConn. UConn would hold Washington in the 60's and score 90 against them. Collier and Williams would absolutely shred Osafor. She would be on the bench with an oxygen mask after the 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
She is good no doubt, but she wouldn't be scoring 38 points against UConn. UConn would hold Washington in the 60's and score 90 against them. Collier and Williams would absolutely shred Osafor. She would be on the bench with an oxygen mask after the 1st quarter.
I agree with this post. UW would have the toughest time of any of the remaining PAC-12 teams vs UCONN. Would lose by 35, and the rest would lose by 34,33,32,31.

Reaction Score
I hope that all the doubters and detractors are taking notice of the day the Pac-12 is having:

Outside of UW, the PAC-12 teams have played solid defense. I don't know if Texas A&M is as bad as they look, but UCLA plays solid Defense & scores a bunch off of turnovers.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's a bet I will take. I bet you any sum of money that Osahor (notice correct spelling) would not be wearing an oxygen mask after the 1st quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kinda sucks for UCLA that they have to play UConn next. UCLA was very clearly the highest #4 seed but got the short end of the modified S-curve.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Why are teams so hesitant to drive on Osahor? At least try to put her in foul trouble. OK is passing the ball around the deep perimeter. That ain't gonna work.

She's quicker than you would assume she is based on her size. Oklahoma's C that dominated Gonzaga got completely "disappeared" by Osahor. She's a solid defender.

Reaction Score
Kinda sucks for UCLA that they have to play UConn next. UCLA was very clearly the highest #4 seed but got the short end of the modified S-curve.
I cannot wait for this game. Hopefully it won't be over at 1st quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And as much as I love KLS and NC, Plum is deserving of the POY this year. Anyone who thinks she's over rated or like the other Kelsey, just needs to watch her.

Sadly there are a handful of posters on this site that just can't see it, no matter how obvious it is. I'm wondering how they're going to spin the "one dimensional" BS rhetoric after she dropped 11 assists to go along w/ her 38 points tonight. It might seem impossible, but I'm sure they're going to try.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And now they don't have the argument that Plum only looks good because she's in the "overrated" Pac-12.
This performance by Plum was a masterpiece

They're going to have to dig down dip to find a way to spin this...but I'm sure they'll come up with something eventually.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They're going to have to dig down dip to find a way to spin this...but I'm sure they'll come up with something eventually.
There already was one fellow who came back with "she wouldn't score 38 against UConn" :confused::rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Proud of the PAC-12

Me too. The top 4 teams were expected to advance, although Stanford had to play on the road to do it. After a couple shaky games, the teams were fairly dominant. ASU nearly took out a #1 seed and Oregon picked off a #2 seed. Cal got waxed but there wasn't any reason to expect otherwise. They were only 6-12 in conference yet still picked up a win in the Tourney. Could easily end up no Pac 12 teams make the Final 4 this year unlike last year, but I think they've already acquitted themselves well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There already was one fellow who came back with "she wouldn't score 38 against UConn" :confused::rolleyes:

Yeah, always something. I don't understand why they can't just give her some credit for being a great player and keep having to try to find something to criticize about her. It's bizarre. UConn and UW won't play unless it's in the Final 4, which isn't very likely. Giving her the credit she deserves does absolutely nothing to take anything away from any of UConn's great players. I just don't see why they can't do it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Went to the UW-OU game. So much fun to watch! The Sooners were blistering the net most of the game yet still got dominated. Sherri Coale has to be beside herself wondering how her team could shoot 12-26 behind the arc and still find themselves behind by 30 in the 4th quarter. Amazing performance by the Huskies. THIS is what they are capable of when the other players are making shots. Kelsey played like she always does, everyone else stepped up tonight.

Not a sellout, but large and loud crowd. Last time Plum, Osahor and the other seniors will ever play in Hec Ed. Such a great way to finish their careers here. I'm a happy guy tonight.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Proud of the PAC-12
Once again the Pac 12, too often maligned here in the east, proves to be at least the second best conference in WCBB FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW. Not a coincidence, not any failure on the part of the other conferences. I said so at the beginning of the year and nothing has changed. I've also talked up Baylor, who before UConn's soph's proved they were AA's, I said was the team to beat this year. You Pac 12 adherents should be proud especially with the culture being built in Corvallis, Eugene and Seattle. I wish UConn could play at least one of you Pac 12 guys every year. Basketball needs a real rivalry.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah, always something. I don't understand why they can't just give her some credit for being a great player and keep having to try to find something to criticize about her. It's bizarre. UConn and UW won't play unless it's in the Final 4, which isn't very likely. Giving her the credit she deserves does absolutely nothing to take anything away from any of UConn's great players. I just don't see why they can't do it.
It's because many here in the east just don't see her enough. It's not really an east coast bias but more of an eyes on bias. You can't like what you don't see. Finally many are seeing her as the great player she is and its her last year. Hope she gets to play pro in Seattle.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Oh and how could I forget? Oregon as a #10 seed winning on the home floor of a #2 seed. The injury situation notwithstanding, another fine Pac-12 showing.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Went to the UW-OU game. So much fun to watch! The Sooners were blistering the net most of the game yet still got dominated. Sherri Coale has to be beside herself wondering how her team could shoot 12-26 behind the arc and still find themselves behind by 30 in the 4th quarter.

I don't have the per-half stats, but Oklahoma's blistering shooting was mostly in the 1st half, and they cooled off in the 2nd half and also didn't get as many looks. Gioya Carter, who had hit most of their 3's in the first half, got in more foul trouble and that ended up taking her out. And no one else could get it going for OU in the second half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom