Monday March 20 games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Monday March 20 games

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I think Stanford is a far tougher match than Indiana. Now they are both watching on TV. Ole Miss is, of a sudden, quite formidable. Ohio State began the season as number one in the country, after a 17-0 breakout run. Then, they scrambled some, and regained strength at the end. They will be tough. Game after that will be a lot tougher. I wont think beyond that one.
this Ohio State team is different from past teams in that they rely more on their defense to win games.....,.UConn has to keep the turnovers down and pound the ball inside to loosen up the perimeter..........if they can do that and hit some threes they should be in good shape but I don't expect an easy game although I'll gladly take one.....

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

See the "Lousville withe big road win" thread on the general board. There are numerous comments and further info. on there.

Louisville with big road win

Also: I'm not thrilled with the writer of article above saying" You gotta love seeing the ladies get a little fired up here." Yeah showing emotion and frustration during the game is one thing, but when you get in that handshake line show some class and don't be a sore loser. You're not likely to see that from the top programs and their players.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tennessee will make it to the elite 8! UCONN takes care of business they may have to go thru then to reach FF15!
15 consecutive FF, a big difference.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think Stanford is a far tougher match than Indiana. Now they are both watching on TV. Ole Miss is, of a sudden, quite formidable. Ohio State began the season as number one in the country, after a 17-0 breakout run. Then, they scrambled some, and regained strength at the end. They will be tough. Game after that will be a lot tougher. I wont think beyond that one.
Sorry, but South Carolina has been the #1 team in the country from the first pre-season poll, tOSU has not even been #2.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
See the "Lousville withe big road win" thread on the general board. There are numerous comments and further info. on there.

Louisville with big road win

Also: I'm not thrilled with the writer of article above saying" You gotta love seeing the ladies get a little fired up here." Yeah showing emotion and frustration during the game is one thing, but when you get in that handshake line show some class and don't be a sore loser. You're not likely to see that from the top programs and their players.
?? We have no idea what was said

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
?? We have no idea what was said
Yes they do. Morris said something about Hailey Van Lith being only an All America Honorable Mention instead of a 1st teamer like she was last year. Why somebody would bring that up in a handshake line is beyond me, but that explains Hailey Van Lith reacyion as she pulled away from Morris. I didn't want to repeat that but it is mentioned in one of those articles associated with the original reporting on this incident. It's in the second post of the "Lousville with the big road win" thread. (The link has the word "HONORABLE in it and that's why" )

Reaction Score
this Ohio State team is different from past teams in that they rely more on their defense to win games.....,.UConn has to keep the turnovers down and pound the ball inside to loosen up the perimeter..........if they can do that and hit some threes they should be in good shape but I don't expect an easy game although I'll gladly take one.....
That Ohio State has made it this far is a credit to the Buckeyes for sure. However, it should be remembered that just two weeks ago Iowa shredded Ohio State, 105-72, in the Big Ten tournament title game, leading, 61-24 at halftime and coasting.

It will be interesting to see how effective the Buckeyes' full-court pressure might be against the Huskies. I'd bet it won't work well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ohio St. is a hard team to figure. Didn't they erase a huge deficit in beating Indiana recently? Also came from behind by a lot in their 1st Round game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Ohio St. is a hard team to figure. Didn't they erase a huge deficit in beating Indiana recently? Also came from behind by a lot in their 1st Round game.
They have had some amazing come from behind wins. And they frequently start very slow. However IOWA just absolutely buried them in the BIG10 Champ game. You're right they are hard to figure. Expect anything I guess.

Reaction Score
I'll say..........during the regular season they lost to Maryland by 36 points the first time they played them and two weeks later lost by 2 points......... they've actually been outrebounded as a team during the regular season but force an average of 20 turnovers a game........Sheldon is a kick to watch.......as she, McMahon and Miksell go, so goes the team.......

Reaction Score
I'll say..........during the regular season they lost to Maryland by 36 points the first time they played them and two weeks later lost by 2 points......... they've actually been outrebounded as a team during the regular season but force an average of 20 turnovers a game........Sheldon is a kick to watch.......as she, McMahon and Miksell go, so goes the team.......
Agreed re Sheldon, one of the country's elite point guards.

I try to stay away from predictions, so I'll just say I'd not be surprised if more than a few BYers, especially those in the Chatroom, will not be fans of McMahon's physical play once the game gets going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom