Monday March 20 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday March 20 games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The censors were sleeping on the job. Somebody just said a magic word on air.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...Stanford has been getting killed on this board since they lost. Will Indiana get similar treatment or will they get a pass? I have a suspicion about how it will go. You can't say Miami was just clearly a superior team to Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
So...Stanford has been getting killed on this board since they lost. Will Indiana get similar treatment or will they get a pass? I have a suspicion about how it will go. You can't say Miami was just clearly a superior team to Ole Miss.
Indiana should get similar treatment. Not saying they should have blown Miami out of the water but did they ever even lead the game at any point?? And they missed a few wide open shots at the end there to come away with a win when Miami looked determined to give the game away. Not what you expect from a #1 seed and IMO they got exposed.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Your suspicions are probably right, but I think there is some validity to it.

We've learned to expect more from Stanford since they've been a powerhouse the last 15 years, had the preseason #2 team, had a roster filled with players who were contributors on their title team, and to watch them crumble down the stretch was particularly painful. Especially with it being Jones making mistakes that cost them the game.

Indiana was more of an underdog all year, and completely outperformed expectations throughout the season. I thought the end of this game was Miami rising to the occasion (big shots by Harden/Cavinder) instead of Indiana letting it slip away. Now that being said, this was a pretty inexcusable loss for a team that most thought would be one of SC's top challengers competing for a title. They shouldn't have lost this game and they don't get a pass. It was an absolutely brutal ending to an otherwise great season, though worth noting, the tournament results suggest the B1G was a much weaker conference than most realized.

Reaction Score
Indiana just choked plain and simple, it wasn't even Miami being better. Indiana srs just couldn't handle the pressure. The only player that showed up was a FRESHMAN

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sure Stanford has more tradition than Indiana, but the narrative most of this season was that Stanford was kind of inconsistent and Indiana was just about a lock for the Final 4 and possibly a team that could challenge South Carolina for a Championship. That's what I kept reading.

Reaction Score
Colorado about to get the upset! I am 2 for 2 today with my upset picks. :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado vs. Duke was the defensive battle that was predicted. Duke's lack of offense was their undoing as many called (10 points combined in Q4 and OT).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sure Stanford has more tradition than Indiana, but the narrative most of this season was that Stanford was kind of inconsistent and Indiana was just about a lock for the Final 4 and possibly a team that could challenge South Carolina for a Championship. That's what I kept reading.
SC is too big and talented to lose to Indiana.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
SC is too big and talented to lose to Indiana.
Well it's completely moot now. But...Indiana beat them in an early season tourney a few years ago. I think it was the year the Tourney was cancelled, Indiana handed them their only loss of the year.

Reaction Score
Your suspicions are probably right, but I think there is some validity to it.

We've learned to expect more from Stanford since they've been a powerhouse the last 15 years, had the preseason #2 team, had a roster filled with players who were contributors on their title team, and to watch them crumble down the stretch was particularly painful. Especially with it being Jones making mistakes that cost them the game.

Indiana was more of an underdog all year, and completely outperformed expectations throughout the season. I thought the end of this game was Miami rising to the occasion (big shots by Harden/Cavinder) instead of Indiana letting it slip away. Now that being said, this was a pretty inexcusable loss for a team that most thought would be one of SC's top challengers competing for a title. They shouldn't have lost this game and they don't get a pass. It was an absolutely brutal ending to an otherwise great season, though worth noting, the tournament results suggest the B1G was a much weaker conference than most realized.
Good post, Ballnut90, but the Big 10 does have three teams in the Sweet 16.
Indiana just choked plain and simple, it wasn't even Miami being better. Indiana srs just couldn't handle the pressure. The only player that showed up was a FRESHMAN
Not true re Holmes and Berger. They didn't make the clinching plays, but both played solid games.

Reaction Score
Colorado vs. Duke was the defensive battle that was predicted. Duke's lack of offense was their undoing as many called (10 points combined in Q4 and OT).
Should be interesting to see if Colorado can score enough to stay with Iowa, and vice versa, if you know what I mean...;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oklahoma came from 18 down to take a lead, but UCLA regrouped and won. Big game by Osborne.

Reaction Score
Good post, Ballnut90, but the Big 10 does have three teams in the Sweet 16.

Not true re Holmes and Berger. They didn't make the clinching plays, but both played solid games.
did you watch the last 2 minutes? Cause they were clearly rattled, Berger missed a bunny

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, my prediction about Indiana's loss was 100% correct. Several hours later and nothing. Yeah UConn had a game and there's some post game reaction, but by now people should be talking about it. They aren't. Any chance to bash on Stanford will be seized upon.

Reaction Score
UCONN has a history with Stanford as opposed to Indiana. So on UCONN board...Stanford is naturally the better red meat. Personally, I thought the Indiana loss was the bigger upset.

Reaction Score
UCONN has a history with Stanford as opposed to Indiana. So on UCONN board...Stanford is naturally the better red meat. Personally, I thought the Indiana loss was the bigger upset.
I think Stanford is a far tougher match than Indiana. Now they are both watching on TV. Ole Miss is, of a sudden, quite formidable. Ohio State began the season as number one in the country, after a 17-0 breakout run. Then, they scrambled some, and regained strength at the end. They will be tough. Game after that will be a lot tougher. I wont think beyond that one.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn played, and beat, Indiana 75-58 on 3/26/22

5A8DED8C-1707-4A6D-B866-6D4E27134227.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom