HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

NO GAME THREADS!​

D27618D7-46D8-4FD5-8383-6B394A49E7DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for this, Nan.

Some interesting matchups tomorrow. I think Colorado and Louisville can pull off the upsets.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this, Nan.

Some interesting matchups tomorrow. I think Colorado and Louisville can pull off the upsets.
Thanks for this, Nan.

I agree with you on Colorado but would be amazed if Louisville beats Texas! I just don’t see them being able to generate enough offense against Vic’s defense.

Reaction Score
I am not saying Miami will upset Indiana but it could be a back alley brawl like Ole Miss and Stanford - though Indiana’s guard play appears to be much better than Stanford’s.

Reaction Score
I am not saying Miami will upset Indiana but it could be a back alley brawl like Ole Miss and Stanford - though Indiana’s guard play appears to be much better than Stanford’s.
I think Indiana is one of the very few teams left that if healthy might be able to challenge your team..........

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I really think this post is more "wishful thinking" than a logical observation. Have you seen Miami play? They are 20-12, have a NET of 50, went 11-7 in ACC play and their non-conference schedule was 181. This will not be a close game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From a conference perspective, this could be a death knell for the Big 12 or Big East as all their teams could be eliminated tonight. Big 12 has Texas, Oklahoma and Baylor playing for their NCAAT lives while the Big East has UConn and Villanova. My gut thinks all 3 Big12 teams lose, and both Big East teams win. I also think the ACC goes 1-3 tonight with only Louisville winning. Duke and NC just don't have enough offense to keep pace and Miami will struggle with Indiana's defense and can't stop the Hoosier offense. Sorry @triaddukefan this was a great run by your team but it had to end.

Reaction Score
I really think this post is more "wishful thinking" than a logical observation. Have you seen Miami play? They are 20-12, have a NET of 50, went 11-7 in ACC play and their non-conference schedule was 181. This will not be a close game.
No. I don’t expect Miami to win and it’s not “wishful thinking.” I only expect Miami to fight hard and employ a physicality that Indiana isn’t used to facing and will throw them off their usual game. In the end, Indiana will win.

Reaction Score
Stanford was just crushed yesterday. Only Cameron played well, and she wasn't healthy. Haley jones had the worst game I have ever seen her play. Actually, it was the first poor game I ever saw her play. Every other time I have watched Stanford, Haley has given the team what it needed, whenever they needed it. A steal; a fast break; a three. Haley was always there. Not yesterday. And that cost them. The other three Stanford starters were invisible ( shut down by Mississippi). What ever habbened to Lauren Betts? wasn't she the HS player of the year. And 6'7" ?

Reaction Score
I think Indiana is one of the very few teams left that if healthy might be able to challenge your team..........
My predictions for winners today: Ohio State; Texas; UCONN; Tennessee; Indiana; OU; Villanova; Duke.

In retrospect, if UCONN were fully loaded ( Paige and Ice ) they could win it all. I also believe the same of Notre Dame . That " monster " center of theirs ( 18 rebounds yesterday ) could push Boston around. But ND has two stars injured, just as we do. Therefore, I believe SC wins again.

Hope I am wrong.

Reaction Score
No. I don’t expect Miami to win and it’s not “wishful thinking.” I only expect Miami to fight hard and employ a physicality that Indiana isn’t used to facing and will throw them off their usual game. In the end, Indiana will win.
As DefenseBB asked, visitingcock, have you seen Miami play? Its approach not close to the type of game that especially Georgia and even Ole Miss employ to disrupt their opponents. I was embarrassed for women's basketball watching the Bulldogs' thuggery vs. Iowa. As I wrote on another thread, I suspect the SEC will tire of Coach Abe very quickly.

I'd also venture to say Indiana has faced a number of teams that play physical basketball. That said, I'm with both of you expecting the Hoosiers to win.

Reaction Score
Stanford struggled all year with athletic teams that matched their length. They lost to a Washington team that didn't even make the tournament for crying out loud. Indiana has not struggled with inferior teams all season like Stanford.

Reaction Score
UNC was so close but they couldn't do it in the end. Disappointing. That last play ... wtf??

Not super impressed with tOSU. Blew a 12 point lead.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tennessee will make it to the elite 8! UCONN takes care of business they may have to go thru then to reach FF15!

Reaction Score
My predictions for winners today: Ohio State; Texas; UCONN; Tennessee; Indiana; OU; Villanova; Duke.

In retrospect, if UCONN were fully loaded ( Paige and Ice ) they could win it all. I also believe the same of Notre Dame . That " monster " center of theirs ( 18 rebounds yesterday ) could push Boston around. But ND has two stars injured, just as we do. Therefore, I believe SC wins again.

Hope I am wrong.
I'm hoping for the best but unfortunately, you may be right......keep the faith!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Assuming UCONN wins tonight, I think Ohio State is the more favorable matchup for the Huskies than UNC. UNC has a grit and toughness to them that is dangerous in the tournament. I think Ohio State is more likely to fold and they have no inside game to compete with Edwards/Dorka (both of whom I think will have field days inside).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How again did Vic Schaefer get selected as a finalist for NCOY over the likes of Brenda Frese, Geno Auriemma and Kara Lawson?

Reaction Score
I agree with you on Colorado but would be amazed if Louisville beats Texas! I just don’t see them being able to generate enough offense against Vic’s defense.
O ye of little faith. ;)

Reaction Score
Score at halftime says you were onto something there. :eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Schaefer's teams usually do well in the Tourney, so do Walz'. Something had to give. Wow I did not see this beatdown by Louisville coming.

I see a fair bit of negative stuff about Hailey Van Lith on this board. To me, she's a gamer. 20+ in 5 out of 6 Tourney games the last 2 years. That's getting it done. And now Haley gets a trip back home to Washington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom