Mompremier to Baylor | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mompremier to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is true. However, what happens if no one wants to leave. What does Mulkey do? When they signed up to play at Baylor, I guarantee they, and their families, were promised a four year college experience in Waco. I would think these incoming five were told the same thing. Do you think it's right to over recruit in the hopes of others leaving? It's an honest question, not trying to start anything.

Whoever ETT is, he/she seems to make the "Baylor" case quite regularly. However, to add one point of correction to mtsurwhoever, Kim promises a player and family A DEGREE, not 4 years of playing time. We have two players on our roster right now who completed a degree in 3 years. At that point a decision not to renew or to suggest stepping back from active roster may appear to be harsh on Kim's part, but it is NOT duplicitous. And besides, even as much as other fans love to hate Kim, what's the more valuable offering--a fairly well-respected university's diploma? or a fourth year at the end of a bench?

So to put it in mtsur's words, from one here in Waco who works with the ladyies' academics, "I guarantee you Kim offers her recruits a chance to earn a degree. Number of years on active roster does not factor in the equation."

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I know others have commented on this--but how does Duke have the #1 class? It should be:
1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Louisville
4. Baylor
5. Duke

Three top 15 recruits makes a superior class to a class with 1 top 15 recruit and 4 top 50s.

Reaction Score
I was always a fan of Pat and her UT program. I think my respect for UT died when Pat had to step down.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year. Give my best to Gethro and Ellie Mae.

Thanks. I will tell them hello. Tell bozo the clown, Baylor's coach, hello for me too.
It's Jethro...with a J

If you're going to try and make a joke, at least have your facts straight.
:D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know others have commented on this--but how does Duke have the #1 class? It should be:
1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Louisville
4. Baylor
5. Duke

Three top 15 recruits makes a superior class to a class with 1 top 15 recruit and 4 top 50s.

Based on a few things I pointed out in a different thread....... #8 for team Espana is likely a top 10-15 player. Not saying that makes it the number #1 class... but it shouldnt be any lower than #3 ....

Plus I slipped Vowelguy a few of these as well to influence his voting

money.gif

Reaction Score
Based on a few things I pointed out in a different thread.. #8 for team Espana is likely a top 10-15 player. Not saying that makes it the number #1 class... but it shouldnt be any lower than #3 ....

Plus I slipped Vowelguy a few of these as well to influence his voting

View attachment 7583
LMAOOOOOO x's 10

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
This is great... A punch up between a Baylor fan and Tennessee fan on a UConn fans website. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but it sounds like Kim is over-recruiting. She must have consulted with Nick Saban.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is great... A punch up between a Baylor fan and Tennessee fan on a UConn fans website. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but it sounds like Kim is over-recruiting. She must have consulted with Nick Saban.

Sounds a bit similar to UNC after the Diamond and friends commitments in 2013. That situation worked its way out before the start of the summer. Im sure Baylor's situation will be settled as well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Alyssa Dry and Justis Szczepanski-Beavers will probably get "released" from their LOIs and never step foot on the Baylor campus . . .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Alyssa Dry and Justis Szczepanski-Beavers will probably get "released" from their LOIs and never step foot on the Baylor campus . . .

Maybe they can get picked up by Tennessee. I hear they have a couple of scholarships to hand out.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
So if you're Lauren Cox, who is supposed to be very smart, why would you consider a place that treats its players like that? "Early graduation?"
Why not go to UConn, Stanford or TX? With all due respect, that would be a red flag to me either as an athlete or a parent.

Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Notre Dame
3. Louisville
4. Baylor
5. Duke

Does it really matter? No one can accurately evaluate a recruiting class until the players graduate; the pre-college guesses mean absolutely nothing.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
kind of sounds like one has a date, then is dumped because somebody better became available for that night. Unethical behavior.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
kind of sounds like one has a date, then is dumped because somebody better became available for that night. Unethical behavior.

Sounds like you still carry around the pain of being stood up before? Was it prom night? That can leave a scar.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I say let it play out. If Kim treats someone unfairly I will be the first to say, or at least agree with the first to say. But it would not surprise me if a player or two said "Hmmm, I may not get much playing time " and choose to go elsewhere, much like Banks choosing to transfer. It wouldn't be the first or the last player to assess the team dynamics and choose to go elsewhere.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I say let it play out. If Kim treats someone unfairly I will be the first to say, or at least agree with the first to say. But it would not surprise me if a player or two said "Hmmm, I may not get much playing time " and choose to go elsewhere, much like Banks choosing to transfer. It wouldn't be the first or the last player to assess the team dynamics and choose to go elsewhere.
The thing about this is that most of the time, the kids who transfer are the ones sitting on the bench. They wanted something different - more PT, a starting role, whatever, but it didn't pan out, and off they go.

For UCONN recently, Banks, Engeln and Johnson come to mind. Walker left for different, and very personal, reasons. But I think opposing teams (especially those who lose out on recruits) go somewhat bonkers because they want to find something nefarious with the coach who "beat" them for the recruits.

Many Tennessee fans, and I know this for a fact, STILL persist in the delusion that Geno is a cheater and every big recruit he's ever gotten at the expense of Pat or Holly was because he cheated. It's mind boggling how delusional some of them continue to be, but there you have it. Now Kim has beaten them for not 1, but 2, prized recruits. :eek:

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:....omg whyyyyyy do you people still insist we're still caught up on the whole "Geno cheats" thing..I haven't seen a LadyVol fan say that in years!!! Its almost 2015 people....let it go!!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that neither of these post players. That Baylor got will be as good of a player as Diamond. So let them have these two.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that neither of these post players. That Baylor got will be as good of a player as Diamond. So let them have these two.

Just bc we have Diamond doesn't mean we didn't need either one of those recruits.

Reaction Score
I'm no expert but can't freshmen be red-shirted without a medical reason? And if so do their scholarships count against the 15?

There are 2 juniors this year who would be gone the next year.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:....omg whyyyyyy do you people still insist we're still caught up on the whole "Geno cheats" thing..I haven't seen a LadyVol fan say that in years!!! Its almost 2015 people....let it go!!

This was posted this past Saturday - "The Lady Vols don't have the school cachet of ND or Stanford and are never going to "go the extra mile" and play in the gray areas like Geno and Saban (and Mulkey) are willing to do until they get a new coach not in the Pat tree." (11-15 at 7:53PM.) http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-lady-vols/228138-brown-mompremiere-9.html

This was mild. Maria Cornelius and "Tiny" have continually perpetuated this type of slander with regularity on that other board. As you can see they can extend the accusations to any school that "steals" "their" recruits.

Reaction Score
You don't have to go back many days on Volnation, or collegefansonly.net to see comments accusing Geno of cheating. I haven't read the Summitt since they went pay, but I'll bet it still goes on there in spades. So, hopefully, the "people" you want to "let it go" are LV fans. They are the ones who have to start the trend.

Reaction Score
I'll add that I do believe that 98% of LV nation is composed of great fans who don't believe the venom that maybe a dozen or 2 Summitteers have in their hearts for UConn.

But two dozen booers in a crowd of 10,000 cheerers still get heard loudly. And when 2 mods lead the hate parade it never dies.

JS

Reaction Score
You don't have to go back many days on Volnation, or collegefansonly.net to see comments accusing Geno of cheating. I haven't read the Summitt since they went pay, but I'll bet it still goes on there in spades.
My spies look in on that board for a month every summer, just to see how things are going. They've provided ample evidence that not only does this stuff still go on, it's more than merely delusional.

They do it because, regardless of reality, it feels so good. In other words, it's similar to sexting.

Just so people here are relieved of any temptation to "drag over" quotations, my people have provided the following composite screen capture of this autoerotic exercise:

Geno's a pig. He cheats. Uh huh. He's the lowest scum on earth. Yesss. A poor excuse for a human being. And . . . No! -- not EVEN a human being --

And he's SHORT . . . and drinks and swears and cheats and pinches that other cheater's butt

and, and . . . mmmmm, he's a child molester . . . Ooooo yes!! Causes weather disasters . . . Uhhhh . . .

Wouldn't let my daughter, . . . Ummmm!, be in the same state with . . . such EVIL, such a DEVIL!! , he's worse than -- eeeeoooooo, AHHHHH!!,

cheating, immoral, CHEATING!! -- YESSS!! YESSS!!! the worst, filthy . . . Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! . . .

Sleazebag . . . degenerate . . . jerk . . . ummmmm . . . yesssss, feels SOOOO good . . . works every time . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom