Mompremier to Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mompremier to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How did you steal a recruit when she wanted to go to Baylor since 6th grade? Seems like had she gone to Tennessee, Mulkey didn't do her job.

As for Mompremier, from her statements, it sounds like she let Brown make the decision for her. She wanted to go to a school that had a true center, so she could play the 4. Wherever Brown went, she was going too.

Ironically, it has been discussed that Brown and Mompremier developed a nice relationship with each other when they visited Tennessee. I am not sure if that is true or if they even visited Tennessee at the same time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's not information, it's a fact. There are 13 on scholarship now, and five signed for next year, and one Senior. Since the five have already signed, they only way any of those can leave is if Mulkey let's them out of their NLI, which is possible if the recruit wants to. It kills two birds with one stone so to speak.

The only other option would be that some people currently on the roster have to go, whether voluntarily or not.

Thanks for making my point. Nobody knows what is happening at Baylor that will free up the required scholarships.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I had heard that as well, and yes, they visited at the same time.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Thanks for making my point. Nobody knows what is happening at Baylor that will free up the required scholarships.

That is true. However, what happens if no one wants to leave. What does Mulkey do? When they signed up to play at Baylor, I guarantee they, and their families, were promised a four year college experience in Waco. I would think these incoming five were told the same thing. Do you think it's right to over recruit in the hopes of others leaving? It's an honest question, not trying to start anything.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It has been reported that Wallace will not play for Baylor next season due to obligations to team Australia and would thus open a scholarship next season. There has also been some discussion of an early graduation for one of the players, thus opening another spot.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It has been reported that Wallace will not play for Baylor next season due to obligations to team Australia and would thus open a scholarship next season. There has also been some discussion of an early graduation for one of the players, thus opening another spot.

Even in Tennessee I think that would equate to 15 available scholarships. 13 - 3 + 5 = 15

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You have zero information about what is in the works at Baylor. You are just upset that you didn't get either Brown or Mompremier so you are looking for a way to vent your frustration, which I can understand. Griner whipped your ass for a few years and now Baylor is stealing your recruits right from under your nose...a nose that once was in the air but now tends to point downward as you hang your head.

e31.jpg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Not sure when this thread took a unique direction...but back to the main topic of Mompremier choosing Baylor. Baylor is loading up to be a strong team in the future, not sure how Kim handles the scholarship situation but it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Tennessee missing both recruits isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Next year UT will still have Russell as a sophomore (assuming she's finally healthy--big assumption, but that's where UT is at right now), Graves and Moore. Moore has been outstanding thus far, seemingly out of nowhere. We'll see if she can maintain this high level of play, I look forward to watching her against better competition.

Tennessee will also have height in Nared (6-2), Dunbar (6-2), DeShields (6-1) and Jones (6-2). Tennessee will need to land some quality posts in 2016. Lots of good forwards/front court players are in the 2016 class--McCoy, Cox, Holmes, and Johnson. I don't know if Tennessee is recruiting any or all of these players, but there are a lot of good prospects in this class. From a purely rankings standpoint, I'd rather land one of these players a year later than give a scholarship to a player in the 40-50 range for 2015.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Not sure when this thread took a unique direction...but back to the main topic of Mompremier choosing Baylor. Baylor is loading up to be a strong team in the future, not sure how Kim handles the scholarship situation but it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Tennessee missing both recruits isn't ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Next year UT will still have Russell as a sophomore (assuming she's finally healthy--big assumption, but that's where UT is at right now), Graves and Moore. Moore has been outstanding thus far, seemingly out of nowhere. We'll see if she can maintain this high level of play, I look forward to watching her against better competition.

Tennessee will also have height in Nared (6-2), Dunbar (6-2), DeShields (6-1) and Jones (6-2). Tennessee will need to land some quality posts in 2016. Lots of good forwards/front court players are in the 2016 class--McCoy, Cox, Holmes, and Johnson. I don't know if Tennessee is recruiting any or all of these players, but there are a lot of good prospects in this class. From a purely rankings standpoint, I'd rather land one of these players a year later than give a scholarship to a player in the 40-50 range for 2015.

I know Tennessee is recruiting them, but I also think Tennessee knows they are unlikely to get Cox, Holmes, or McCoy. They are looking at 6'4" Krystaline McClune from KY, but I don't know the interest level.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Well, most Tennessee fans are delusional. Don't they also think Geno is dirty?

The last time I recall the delusional reference being made about TN fans and recruiting, it was in regards to Jannah Tucker. We see how that worked out. So sure, continue with delusional thoughts about Cox. Delusion tends to work in favor of TN. ;)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
You know that Baylor does not lose much sleep over Tennessee, right? In fact, you rarely even cross our minds...until we snag two top players that you were desperate to have.

Maybe Tennessee fans should worry more about scheduling UCONN instead of Baylor. That would go a long way in proving that UCONN doesn't scare the crap out of you.

Perhaps Baylor fans should worry more about beating the middle of the pack SEC teams before concerning themselves with the top.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Perhaps Baylor fans should worry more about beating the middle of the pack SEC teams before concerning themselves with the top.

We all knew this would not be Baylor's year. But we add Jones, Brown am Mompremier next season and the conversation will be much different.

Reaction Score
You know that Baylor does not lose much sleep over Tennessee, right? In fact, you rarely even cross our minds...until we snag two top players that you were desperate to have.

Maybe Tennessee fans should worry more about scheduling UCONN instead of Baylor. That would go a long way in proving that UCONN doesn't scare the crap out of you.

Who said anything about losing sleep?? Simmer down ETTrash, Kim was the one not wanting to renew the series when Griner left. That's common knowledge.

Reaction Score
Hey, Natalie B. You reading all this? Work your butt off, learn well, get strong. WE WILL NEED YOU, KID.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Butler, Collier, Boykin...UConn is going to be just fine inside for a while. That said, there's a seat at the table ready for Lauren Cox.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
We all knew this would not be Baylor's year. But we add Jones, Brown am Mompremier next season and the conversation will be much different.

Maybe, maybe not. Freshman posts can sometimes take a while. Jones will be a big impact, though. I really think Mulkey will get the best out of her.

I have a similar thought to Sluconn just about a different team. ND has Turner, Reimer, and Westbeld in the post for the next three years (plus Erin Boley already lined up for 2016 and room for at least one more).

Game on!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Just scanning a Baylor board now and other folks say that she definitely WILL play for Baylor next year, according to her father. Which is good news for Baylor on balance, but does make the scholarship thing even more confusing.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just scanning a Baylor board now and other folks say that she definitely WILL play for Baylor next year, according to her father. Which is good news for Baylor on balance, but does make the scholarship thing even more confusing.

Get the Jiffy-pop out of the cupboard.

Reaction Score
You have zero information about what is in the works at Baylor. You are just upset that you didn't get either Brown or Mompremier so you are looking for a way to vent your frustration, which I can understand. Griner whipped your ass for a few years and now Baylor is stealing your recruits right from under your nose...a nose that once was in the air but now tends to point downward as you hang your head.
I am not upset about anything. Please don't put words in my mouth. I don't want players at TN who don't want to be there. Best of luck to her. Cheer up though. You seem awful bitter when you should be happy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was always a fan of Pat and her UT program. I think my respect for UT died when Pat had to step down.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year. Give my best to Gethro and Ellie Mae.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
I was always a fan of Pat and her UT program. I think my respect for UT died when Pat had to step down.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year. Give my best to Gethro and Ellie Mae.

It's Jethro...with a J

If you're going to try and make a joke, at least have your facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom