Momentum Changing Calls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Momentum Changing Calls

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry if it has been mentioned, but after the Gilbert charge in second OT did the Wichita player shuffle his feet on the inbounds play? That would be a travel.....correct? I was screaming at TV.

Of course there was a lot of other stuff to complain about but that really bothered me.

that Gilbert charge was a horrible call. WSU slid left while AG was in the air.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The fix was in. Vegas line man. It was 3 points!
Sure looked that way which is really bad. Those calls at critical times all going against one team (at home!) sure
looked very strange. Hope the league takes a look at that.

Reaction Score
Sure looked that way which is really bad. Those calls at critical times all going against one team (at home!) sure
That was going through my head during both OT’s when it seemed like these bad calls were coming one after another In favor of Wichita St. It makes you wonder...

Reaction Score
The AAC? They don’t care. We’re already one foot out the door

Reaction Score
that Gilbert charge was a horrible call. WSU slid left while AG was in the air.

Was Sids 5th foul the charge on the baseline drive where Echenique took it? Granted may have had position but if anyone's watching again right foot fully in the circle, no charge. Where are reviews ok?

Reaction Score
Sorry if it has been mentioned, but after the Gilbert charge in second OT did the Wichita player shuffle his feet on the inbounds play? That would be a travel.....correct? I was screaming at TV.

Of course there was a lot of other stuff to complain about but that really bothered me.

No, travelling and dribbling rules do not apply on throw-ins. For a designated spot throw-in, the player throwing the ball in is allowed a 3-foot wide area, with no limit on how far back they can go to throw the ball in.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was Sids 5th foul the charge on the baseline drive where Echenique took it? Granted may have had position but if anyone's watching again right foot fully in the circle, no charge. Where are reviews ok?
I think that was his fourth foul. Echenique had his feet shuffling and I’m pretty sure they called it for aggressive contact initiated by Sid.

Reaction Score
This ^^^! This is how to criticize the refs without looking like a whining, pissy little bitch with a mouthful of sour grapes.

The thread title is a thing of beauty.

Well done

When you just got jobbed does it matter how you look on a message board?
Happy we played well and even with horrible shooting, Josh's great finishing and some poor decisions, we actually willed our way into deserving the win. As I said in chat someone needs to be lobbing 100 balls at Josh after every practice and giving him 100 free throws when he's tired until he improves both by 15% minimum. And some footspeed drills to get those puppies organized and off the floor quicker. He's a great kid but we need more.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Situations should not have to be conditional in order to initiate a review. For instance, if possession can be reviewed on a ball that goes out of bounds if two opposing players are involved, then all out of bounds plays should be subject to review. Officials absolve themselves of any accountability and forego the correct call by hiding behind the these arbitrary rules.

Reaction Score
When one of your starting guards is shooting 32% through 16 games, there is bound to be some criticism. That has got to be historically low. By comparison, people constantly ripped on Taliek and he shot 44% for his UConn career.

Missed free throws in overtime cost us this game. Period.
True.

Reaction Score
This team just makes too many losing plays. Bad shots, dribbling into trouble, losing guys for easy back doors, going on the wrong side of screens, bad fouls. screwing up the jump ball, it's a comedy of errors. Gilbert missing two fouls shots in OT was a killer.

Reaction Score
Tough loss today and unfortunately the team is not yet talented enough to overcome poor free throw shooting, key injuries and momentum changing calls by the officials. If we had hit our free throws we win going away, so I’m not making excuses, but man do we get a bad whistle in the most crucial moments. At least 5 calls in the last few minutes plus overtimes when we needed one to go our way did not. Off the top of my head:
-Blown jump ball call where WSU somehow called a TO without the ball
-A touch foul on the floor that wasn’t being called all game that took away a Bouknight layup.
-CV saving the ball but getting called out of bounds
-Gilbert charge you end the game

Tough loss for the good guys who played their hearts out.

"Poor" might be a little strong to describe the free throw shooting. Certainly a bit below average and some of the misses came at particularly bad times but 69% isn't that awful. It is, however, painful in comparison to WSU's 79% especially in a double OT game.

Reaction Score
This team just makes too many losing plays. Bad shots, dribbling into trouble, losing guys for easy back doors, going on the wrong side of screens, bad fouls. screwing up the jump ball, it's a comedy of errors. Gilbert missing two fouls shots in OT was a killer.
It does seem like they can never come up with a winning play when they need one. I guess that is the difference between winning teams and losing teams a lot of the time.

So how do they get a team that makes winning plays in crunch time? Can that be learned or just get better players?

Reaction Score
It does seem like they can never come up with a winning play when they need one. I guess that is the difference between winning teams and losing teams a lot of the time.

So how do they get a team that makes winning plays in crunch time? Can that be learned or just get better players?

I think next season with a starting lineup of Cole, Bouknight, Jackson, Akok and Carlton the winning plays will become a habit and the team will be good enough to make the tourney. Just my opinion.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Loved the game even though we lost. Such great passion and hustle from everyone, from players to coaches to fans. I was watching in the basement when Sid hit the 3 to tie. I screamed so loud my mother in law (upstairs, thus I'm in the basement) thought I had a stroke.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
EVERYONE but CV missed foul shots. The one JC missed at end of 1st OT hurt most
BUT, it was AG, who played 45 minutes, he's the killer
As you said it was a comedy of errors

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul