Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link | The Boneyard

Mojo time! Hanging Nomination thread link

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For you, newbies, the hanging nomination thread is like Festivus, a chance to air your grievances. Whose post this year made you say WTF? Who among us doesn’t truly bleed blue? It’s time to cull the herd.

It’s Scapegoat Time of Year

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If this person is a boneyarder ( or their spouse) I’d nominate to hang the UConn season ticket holder sitting behind a well known boneyarders 7 year old kid , and threatened to kick the 7 year old in the head because he jumped up to cheer for 5 seconds during Marquette game. I may not be talking about a message board hanging either.
I won’t say what yarder that happened to, but if he wants to tell it I’d be all for it, it is unbelievable and terribly sad ( and infuriating).

I’m quite frankly down on our fan base right now, between that incident, plus the 80% of dbags in my section who were UConn fans , and the idiotic musings that have overrun this board (wHY dOEsNt HuRleY PLaY clInGAn AnD SAnogO ToGEThEr?) that I think instead of a hanging there should be a large scale group enema.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If this person is a boneyarder ( or their spouse) I’d nominate to hang the UConn season ticket holder sitting behind a well known boneyarders 7 year old kid , and threatened to kick the 7 year old in the head because he jumped up to cheer for 5 seconds during Marquette game. I may not be talking about a message board hanging either.
I won’t say what yarder that happened to, but if he wants to tell it I’d be all for it, it is unbelievable and terribly sad ( and infuriating).

I’m quite frankly down on our fan base right now, between that incident, plus the 80% of dbags in my section who were UConn fans , and the idiotic musings that have overrun this board (wHY dOEsNt HuRleY PLaY clInGAn AnD SAnogO ToGEThEr?) that I think instead of a hanging there should be a large scale group enema.
I had to apologize to a Marquette couple after the game because some idiot behind me chucked a hotdog at her husband.

We beat Providence then we resort to being Providence by throwing things and acting like fools.

Reaction Score
I think some of the UConn Twitter stuff at Matt Ehalt was crossing the line. I get some of us are pissed at the guy for being so negative against Danny, but insulting the guy’s image and career path was a little too far for my liking. Disagree with him on principle, but body shaming someone is not cool.

Reaction Score
Can we hang “UConn Twitter”.

Just the name alone annoys me, and the fact that a group of idiots on twitter have any actual self importance is laughable (ignore any potential parallels to the boneyard, this is completely different).

Maybe we can pool money to gofundme some North Korean hackers to gain control of their accounts and delete them / post something that would get them cancelled.

Reaction Score

Just the name alone annoys me, and the fact that a group of idiots on twitter have any actual self importance is laughable (ignore any potential parallels to the boneyard, this is completely different).

Maybe we can pool money to gofundme some North Korean hackers to gain control of their accounts and delete them / post something that would get them cancelled.

UConn Twitter is toxic and lame and those guys are the absolute worst. They pretty much exemplify every negative stereotype about our program. Extremely cocky bros who think hoops started in the early 90s. Especially Hurleymania. Instead of “UConn’s most embarrassing fan,” Hotballs should use his Muhl tweet in his twitter header.

Reaction Score
I had to apologize to a Marquette couple after the game because some idiot behind me chucked a hotdog at her husband.

We beat Providence then we resort to being Providence by throwing things and acting like fools.
Okay that is just a little bit funny but mostly dickish

Was it just the hot dog itself or bun and all? Ketchup/mustard?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Benedict strangely licks these buffoons boots.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For you, newbies, the hanging nomination thread is like Festivus, a chance to air your grievances. Whose post this year made you say WTF? Who among us doesn’t truly bleed blue? It’s time to cull the herd.

It’s Scapegoat Time of Year
I could well be wrong here (wouldn't be the first time) but I believe that there are really two issues that need to be addressed.

I will begin with the stupid limericks (and I personally blame every imbecile who decided to post one of those idiotic attempts at poetry) that seemed to rear their collective ugly heads when we were playing at our worst, then disappeared while we returned to a high level of play only to have someone try to start them up again in time for the BET. I believe none of those involved provide enough gravitas to move any mojo needle but that does not mean that some punishment isn't warranted. I would not waste a quality hanging on any one of the but each should be publicly flogged.

The more important issue is the hanging and considering what we have and what is at stake, we need a great hanging, anything less will be a precursor to disappointment in the tournament. This team has the ability to reach the highest of heights but can also sink to very low depths. If we half ass the hanging we may as well pack it in before the games begin.

We need our best efforts on this.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn Twitter is toxic and lame and those guys are the absolute worst. They pretty much exemplify every negative stereotype about our program. Extremely cocky bros who think hoops started in the early 90s. Especially Hurleymania. Instead of “UConn’s most embarrassing fan,” Hotballs should use his Muhl tweet in his twitter header.
Same thing with the BY, some fans are good some are bad. I much prefer the BY. But I also use Twitter and hop on the Spaces to share my opinions, and call out the idiots for being idiots.
Leave it to a UConn fan to waste an 11 dollar hot dog.
College kid, no concept of money or the real world. He also asked me why I was wearing a “Gay” jersey. Teaching children who Rudy Gay is at MSG (to a UConn student) made me want to dig my eyes out with a fork.
Okay that is just a little bit funny but mostly dickish

Was it just the hot dog itself or bun and all? Ketchup/mustard?
Just ketchup. Thankfully the guy didn’t get much on him. I was so embarrassed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Same thing with the BY, some fans are good some are bad. I much prefer the BY. But I also use Twitter and hop on the Spaces to share my opinions, and call out the idiots for being idiots.

College kid, no concept of money or the real world. He also asked me why I was wearing a “Gay” jersey. Teaching children who Rudy Gay is at MSG (to a UConn student) made me want to dig my eyes out with a fork.

There was always a contingent of UConn student “fans” who just looked at it as an excuse for mayhem. Didn’t know the game or players or history. But if they are more than a few then that’s a sad state of affairs.

CL82

Reaction Score
College kid, no concept of money or the real world. He also asked me why I was wearing a “Gay” jersey.
No Way Wow GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, nominations should be made thread linked above in the OP. I will quote posts above, and move them over. Actually, I guess I won’t since I don’t see a “quote” function. I guess I will copy and bring them over.

Reaction Score

I agree, but you can enjoy the Boneyard by ignoring the worst of the worst. I can ignore zls and enjoy the BY but I can’t ignore hurleymania and enjoy the twitter crew.

Reaction Score

Ahh, if it were like just the hot dog with no bun that would have been at least a bit comical, like if someone just threw the hot dog at me I would laugh, but yeah that sucks

College kids are idiots and frankly have no place in a venue/situation like the BET.

Reaction Score
Even though I totally agree with Fishy about Hurley and point guards, he should be hung for messing with the MOJO! I can't understand how it could be anyone other than him. Even freescooter has been resurrected now that Shaka Smart won COY.

Reaction Score
Even though I totally agree with Fishy about Hurley and point guards, he should be hung for messing with the MOJO! I can't understand how it could be anyone other than him. Even freescooter has been resurrected now that Shaka Smart won COY.
Agree, hang the wrotten Fish by the tail and get that stink out of here until after we win this whole damn thing. Then he can come back and tell us how much we need a point guard. The 2004 team needed a PG too until they didn’t…

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think some of the UConn Twitter stuff at Matt Ehalt was crossing the line. I get some of us are pissed at the guy for being so negative against Danny, but insulting the guy’s image and career path was a little too far for my liking. Disagree with him on principle, but body shaming someone is not cool.
Which is funny because those same people have no problem insulting the other teams coaches, players, and the economic and social status of the other teams fanbases. They do it constantly via tweets and on spaces. You should’ve heard them about Marquette and Xavier fans

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m glad people are catching on to how bad UConn twitter has been. I’ve been beating this drum for awhile.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This guy. Killed the mojo.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Interesting idea.

th (2).jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom