MNT's 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
This Federation is not run by serious people.

On Paramount + the only person who isn’t confused by this is the ultimate MLS Suckboy Charlie Davies.

Just blow it all up.

Reaction Score
Was seeing Vieira, Henry and other names thrown around. And we go back to GGG. Smh. Did Hudson really just not want to be the manager??

Reaction Score
And Charlie just makes sort of a point.

The Federation can’t hire a manager and pay him $18M a year because he then because of the equal pay fantasy we created we would have to pay Vlatko Andonovski the same.

This actually might be the case. And we are the only country in the world that would pay Vlatko that much even though his actual market value is less than a tenth of that.

How stupid has this place become?

Reaction Score
So much to unpack.

The game-UMSNT was clearly dominant, it was shocking how bad Mexico was compared to the US. Almost everyone played great, although the red cards to McKennie and Dest showed that the team still needs to mature; once Mexico started to try and turn the game into a crapfest, they should have been professional enough to let Mexico self-destruct and not get drawn into their bu11$h!t. The fact that it was those two who got sent off for retaliation should surprise nobody-they've shown in the past that they are hotheads. I actually think McKennie won't be that big a loss for Sunday's Final against Canada; he had that great pass to spring Dest --> Pulisic to open the second half, but most of his other passes seemed off-target giveaways and I can't recall his impact on the game other than that one moment; his club situation is fluid, and it will be interesting to see where he goes next. Dest will be missed more; his quality is so obvious that it's disappointing that his club situation is such a mess; perhaps top-tier Champions League level clubs are too high-level for him, but he's a good player that needs to play.

Pulisic-he is "Captain America" for sure, it's crazy his club situation is such a mess.

The Mexican crowd-it may not be the whole fanbase, but they once again showed that they are a trash fanbase, just like their team when they're losing. CONCACAF and FIFA need to start penalizing them in a real fashion, as in taking points away like Juventus suffered in Serie A for a different matter(financial shenanigans); these half-assed measures don't amount to squat. And that chant was from the very first goal kick of the game; the one they stopped the game for was not the first, nor the third or fifth.

US Soccer and Berhalter; an organization run by morons, hiring a toxic figure for..."reasons". I can't wait for this to blow up in their face, but unfortunately it will hurt the team and fanbase and perhaps blow a chance to make a huge impression on the nation in 2026. Can we blow up the organization and build another from the ground up?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ugh! What a colossal blunder.

Better to keep the current guy. He put out the best possible lineup right now minus a couple tossup spots and Adams injury. He also thrashed Mexico by, get this, scoring 3 goals.

Are we really going into the 26 host cycle with a guy who clearly has problems dealing with players and getting the best out of them?

The back line and midfield look to be rounding into of the best US squads of all time with decent depth. With a consistent source of goals, we could be looking at a huge run and we choose to rerun the locker room drama?

Reaction Score
Berhalter 2.0 is a capitulation to nepotism. Not judging his good intentions or his work ethic. Clearly he wants this job, but he has some character flaws that will always come back to bite him. And you never know if it will be during a meaningless game or an important tournament. Hopium that a guy is going to change who he is, is not a plan. I wish him well but not in this situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They made a big point of saying that the players wanted him back. I don't think they are good enough to dictate terms like that.

Reaction Score
I only watched extended highlights because the game was on too late for me, but here were my comments:
  • Pulisic plays so hard for the US and has such confidence. He just never really got that chance at Chelsea where he made runs, but was rarely rewarded with a look from teammates. I'm glad the tough club season(s) haven't hurt his confidence.
  • CONCACAF is such a banana republic organization. You know that the lesser team is just going to come out violently against the better team. That's where Mexico is now. I know the US isn't supposed to retaliate, but I'm not sure if turning the other cheek is the answer either. Maybe they just needed to be smarter about retaliation. Maybe even go hockey style and put in a few bruisers knowing they'll get the red cards.
  • Berhalter. I called this during the Reina stuff. It gave the US a reason to rehire him. They don't want it to look like they let the Reina's get him fired, or they just used it as an excuse to rehire him. I wasn't super excited with some of the other options that were being discussed, but this seems like a mid-level floor / low ceiling decision.

Reaction Score
I don't mind them sticking up for Balogun. The one where He's new and they let him know he is a part of them and they have his back.
And that was a horror foul by Montes. Everyone should stick up for Flo there, and they did.

Also, reports coming out that Montes and Weston got into a scuffle after the game in the locker room areas, and Weston got the best. Not sure it’s been confirmed though just yet.

Reaction Score
They made a big point of saying that the players wanted him back. I don't think they are good enough to dictate terms like that.
I think the players’ input is an important part of the evaluation process, but they shouldn’t be the driving force behind the decision.

It really is remarkable that they hired a new sporting director who couldn’t even hire a coach without the help of an outside firm. I would call it inexplicable, but this is pretty on brand for the USSF.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If it isn’t Pep Guardiola or Jim Curtin it doesn’t make a difference to me. Who would want to deal with the Reina’s? The whole family is corrupted mentally

Reaction Score

Letting the players pick the coach almost never works. The Bruins fired their coach because the players didn't like him and he went to Vegas and WON THE STANLEY CUP!

Reaction Score
While I love the fact that the team stood up for their new teammate Balogun, I still stand on the side that believes that McKennie and Dest shouldn't have been baited into getting red cards; however, with further reflection, I realize that the ref had completely lost control of the match and was trying to do the "fair to all sides" crap which means coming down on the victims of the crime instead of penalizing the actual guilty parties-I think he was going to card an American along with a Mexican player no matter what; he basically did the exact same thing with every incident, when Mexico did something to deserve a Yellow or Red, he made sure to find an USMNT member to give an equivalent card to, no matter what actually happened. In that scrum with McKennie and half the Mexican team, the ref and the VAR official refused to give ANY of those players even a yellow card, despite one player just about head-butting McKennie and ripping his shirt-somehow McKennie was the only player in that mess who got carded, because to give more cards to Mexico would have upset the "balance" that he was trying to maintain since Montes had already gotten a Red (clearly deserved)-that's just complete garbage, and shows the incompetence of both that ref and CONCACAF that there hasn't been any post-match penalties for the Mexican National Team or the players for their actions during the fights in the game, or the FMF for the continued "Puto" chant.

As for Greg, I've calmed a tiny bit, and I hope he's magically become a better coach over the past six months, because we're stuck with him. He's not the worst coach in the world, but he's clearly not anywhere near the best, and the fact that Soccer House has chosen him AGAIN is infuriating as a fan of the USMNT; he's not a low-floor, high-ceiling guy, nor a high-floor, limited ceiling guy-he's just completely average and mediocre in all aspects, and that's not what I want for anything representing the US.

Reaction Score
While I love the fact that the team stood up for their new teammate Balogun, I still stand on the side that believes that McKennie and Dest shouldn't have been baited into getting red cards; however, with further reflection, I realize that the ref had completely lost control of the match and was trying to do the "fair to all sides" crap which means coming down on the victims of the crime instead of penalizing the actual guilty parties-I think he was going to card an American along with a Mexican player no matter what; he basically did the exact same thing with every incident, when Mexico did something to deserve a Yellow or Red, he made sure to find an USMNT member to give an equivalent card to, no matter what actually happened. In that scrum with McKennie and half the Mexican team, the ref and the VAR official refused to give ANY of those players even a yellow card, despite one player just about head-butting McKennie and ripping his shirt-somehow McKennie was the only player in that mess who got carded, because to give more cards to Mexico would have upset the "balance" that he was trying to maintain since Montes had already gotten a Red (clearly deserved)-that's just complete garbage, and shows the incompetence of both that ref and CONCACAF that there hasn't been any post-match penalties for the Mexican National Team or the players for their actions during the fights in the game, or the FMF for the continued "Puto" chant.

As for Greg, I've calmed a tiny bit, and I hope he's magically become a better coach over the past six months, because we're stuck with him. He's not the worst coach in the world, but he's clearly not anywhere near the best, and the fact that Soccer House has chosen him AGAIN is infuriating as a fan of the USMNT; he's not a low-floor, high-ceiling guy, nor a high-floor, limited ceiling guy-he's just completely average and mediocre in all aspects, and that's not what I want for anything representing the US.

The USA had taken the bait long before those incidents. Mexico knew it couldn't win without thuggin' it up and had tackled Pulsic and kicked numerous other USA players. The team should have been prepared to handle the goon show. None of that takes away fromm the fact that the USA now has the better players and skill than Mexico.

Returning domestic abuser GB to the helm shows a completely tone deaf UA soccer management.

Reaction Score
Is this really the guy you want representing the USA at the top level of the soccer world.

The USSF retained the Alston and Bird legal team to investigate, and the law firm said in a report released March 13 that while Berhalter’s conduct “likely constituted the misdemeanor crime of assault on a female,” Berhalter did not improperly withhold information when he was hired.

“There is no basis to conclude that employing Mr. Berhalter would create legal risks for an organization,” the report said.

Yeah, has assaulted his wife but we're in no legal jeopardy so we're good to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom