MNT's 2023 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
"We set out on a mission four years ago to change the way the world views American soccer. Now our motto is to change soccer in America forever.” LOVE THIS quote from Weston!!

Annotation 2023-09-08 140954.jpg

Reaction Score
I only saw the first goal. That was nice. I guess the rest was slop.

If they do really bad in the Copa then maybe the USSF will see the light.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Amazing how much they miss Adams. GG has 2 jobs. Find a way to actually score goals from either a bulid up or a counter (my preference is the latter based on past results) and stop giving the ball away in possession in your own half.

Once he starts playing Reyna in front of Adams/McKennie or Adams/Musah we'll be a lot better off. Let those 4 battle for starting spots.

The only other questions this cycle are Pepe vs Balogun and settling on a centerback pair sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
I only saw the first goal. That was nice. I guess the rest was slop.

If they do really bad in the Copa then maybe the USSF will see the light.
Even the 1st goal…it was one of many hopeless crosses, only this one was saved by a moment of brilliance by McKennie, followed by a lucky deflection.

I thought de la torre was doing pretty well until he broke his nose.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wellllllll, they looked better last night. Not sure if they were better though or just Oman much worse. Probably a little of both.

Lund worked hard and looked like he wanted to be there. Horvath looked decent with his feet (didn't really have to do anything else). But again, it was Oman.

Aaronson's goal in particular was embarrassing.

We'll see how they look next month vs Germany and Ghana. .

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Dominated the ball. That's what we wanted against a terrible team. McK had a great 1st half (Dest too) and Balogun and Pepi scoring was nice but the opponent causes a few grains of salt.

I thought Lund did well but it seemed to confuse Pulisic. There may be a battle to back up A Robinson, he earned another call up.

I don't know if Ream is going to make it until 2026, but I liked the Miles Robinson and Richards. Not much to do, but they cleaned up a few counters rather smartly.

Weah is also getting better in terms of creating chances.

Reaction Score
Dominated the ball. That's what we wanted against a terrible team. McK had a great 1st half (Dest too) and Balogun and Pepi scoring was nice but the opponent causes a few grains of salt.

I thought Lund did well but it seemed to confuse Pulisic. There may be a battle to back up A Robinson, he earned another call up.

I don't know if Ream is going to make it until 2026, but I liked the Miles Robinson and Richards. Not much to do, but they cleaned up a few counters rather smartly.

Weah is also getting better in terms of creating chances.

It was Oman, but glad to see the team do what it needed to do. Looking forward to the Germany game; but I know a lot of Euro-based players will not likely be their and Germany is desperate to put together some wins after some recent poor showings.

Oevrall, the player pool has some depth, espeically midfield. I am hoping Pepi shows builds on this experience and turns into a true striker. He has the size for sure. I am cocnered about depth across the entire backline, especially since the US is boudn to loose a player or two just before or during the Cup.

Reaction Score
This team is way too comfortable with their manager.

It’s no wonder they all wanted him to come back. He has no ability to apply pressure on these guys. Most have essentially guaranteed roster spots.

Both of these games were a total waste of time. Greggg didn’t let Pulisic go back early for the Milan Derby so that he could play Oman and the USSF could sell tickets.

Reaction Score
Amazing how much they miss Adams. GG has 2 jobs. Find a way to actually score goals from either a bulid up or a counter (my preference is the latter based on past results) and stop giving the ball away in possession in your own half.

Once he starts playing Reyna in front of Adams/McKennie or Adams/Musah we'll be a lot better off. Let those 4 battle for starting spots.

The only other questions this cycle are Pepe vs Balogun and settling on a centerback pair sooner rather than later.
This is probably the single key decision for the near future. Does he stick with his 4-3-3, which with all healthy the MMA midfield intact, or does he switch to the 4-2-3-1, with Reyna having the rock with Balogun in front of him and Pulisic and Weah on the wings, and one of the MMA midfield sitting. I'm hoping we see the 4-2-3-1 with Reyna quarterbacking, but I have no confidence that's what we'll see when everyone is healthy.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
This is probably the single key decision for the near future. Does he stick with his 4-3-3, which with all healthy the MMA midfield intact, or does he switch to the 4-2-3-1, with Reyna having the rock with Balogun in front of him and Pulisic and Weah on the wings, and one of the MMA midfield sitting. I'm hoping we see the 4-2-3-1 with Reyna quarterbacking, but I have no confidence that's what we'll see when everyone is healthy.

For now, depth is good. We all though Miles Robinson was lock for Qatar. I agree we need to see a lot of Reyna at the top of the midfield. Ideally, we figure out how to score against teams who are a threat in the WC and have the option to change formation depending on how the game is going.

GGG should be judged heavily on his selection and tactics. We know his people management skills are suspect. A poor showing at the Copa America should see him tossed aside. I wouldn't mind a change before the WC run regardless.

Reaction Score
I believe they are both dealing with injury.
I blame the AC Milan manager Pioli for Pulisic's latest injury. He had been a scratch during the weekend Serie A match to keep him fit since he was carrying a minor knock, yet left him in the Champions League match late in the game when it was all but decided and he was visibly struggling.

Weah's injury I know nothing about.

Reaction Score
I blame the AC Milan manager Pioli for Pulisic's latest injury. He had been a scratch during the weekend Serie A match to keep him fit since he was carrying a minor knock, yet left him in the Champions League match late in the game when it was all but decided and he was visibly struggling.

Weah's injury I know nothing about.

Isn’t it like a two game series with T&T? Who cares?

I’d rather see these guys getting it done at their clubs anyways.

We’re an AQ for the WC. And Berhalter is the manager so we will suck anyways.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Isn’t it like a two game series with T&T? Who cares?

I’d rather see these guys getting it done at their clubs anyways.

We’re an AQ for the WC. And Berhalter is the manager so we will suck anyways.
Yes, but we won't have Pulisic, Weah or Adams for either match (11/6 and 11/20) However, we should be able to beat them without those players.

And it is important because the QF winners qualify for the Copa America. Which we really need to play in since we won't be playing competitive/qualifying matches prior to WC.

Reaction Score
Yes, but we won't have Pulisic, Weah or Adams for either match (11/6 and 11/20) However, we should be able to beat them without those players.

And it is important because the QF winners qualify for the Copa America. Which we really need to play in since we won't be playing competitive/qualifying matches prior to WC.
Yeah I forgot about the Copa.

Reaction Score
Dreadful formation and game plan by Gregg, which comes as no surprise.

Tillman is the only one whose stood out this half, but for all the wrong reasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom