MNT's 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of GGG either, but this is just the completely wrong answer

Fight fire with fire. Greggg is the product of nepotism and an MLS attempt to subvert the national team.

And also he beat up his future wife. Sucks to be him.

Reaction Score
March window roster.

USMNT ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB/COUNTRY; CAPS/GOALS)

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Luton Town/ENG; 8/0), Zack Steffen (Middlesbrough/ENG; 29/0), Matt Turner (Arsenal/ENG; 24/0)

DEFENDERS (8): Sergiño Dest (AC Milan/ITA; 23/2), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 10/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 50/1), Bryan Reynolds (Westerlo/BEL; 2/0), Antonee Robinson (Fulham; 33/2), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 20/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 3/0), Auston Trusty (Birmingham City/ENG; 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United/ENG; 28/6), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/BRA; 4/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 12/0), Weston McKennie (Leeds United/ENG; 41/9), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 23/0), Alan Soñora (Juárez/MEX; 2/0)

FORWARDS (7): Taylor Booth (Utrecht/NED; 0/0), Daryl Dike (West Bromwich Albion/ENG; 8/3), Ricardo Pepi (Groningen/NED; 12/3), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 56/22), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 16/4), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 29/4), Alex Zendejas (Club América/MEX; 1/0)

Reaction Score
Fight fire with fire. Greggg is the product of nepotism and an MLS attempt to subvert the national team.

And also he beat up his future wife. Sucks to be him.
He’s been successful overall in the past 2+ years with the finals wins over Mexico and a pretty good showing at the WC. I agree he doesn’t take us over the top though.

But him and his wife have evidently solved all of their issues, and he was completely in the wrong.

Still, your lack of criticism over the incredibly immature actions of the Reyna’s (specifically the parents) is pretty interesting. Everyone knows what they did, and they didn’t even have the guts to refute anything because they know they got caught. And Claudio was pretty sexist in some comments, so again, talk about that.

Reaction Score
He’s been successful overall in the past 2+ years with the finals wins over Mexico and a pretty good showing at the WC. I agree he doesn’t take us over the top though.

But him and his wife have evidently solved all of their issues, and he was completely in the wrong.

Still, your lack of criticism over the incredibly immature actions of the Reyna’s (specifically the parents) is pretty interesting. Everyone knows what they did, and they didn’t even have the guts to refute anything because they know they got caught. And Claudio was pretty sexist in some comments, so again, talk about that.

The Reynas are useful idiots.

Gregg didn’t have successful World Cup. You don’t know what success is.

Given that he is the self appointed Striker Whisperer we struggled to score goals, despite unprecedented resources that were funneled his way

We did nothing on set pieces despite hiring a German set piece coach.

Not to mention his strange and bizarre handling of the Gio Reyna situation. And his stunning roster omissions.

Greggg beat up his wife and he is a crap coach who has never won anything of consequence:

He should be in Soccer Gulag and so should your terrible opinions.

Reaction Score
The Reynas are useful idiots.

Gregg didn’t have successful World Cup. You don’t know what success is.

Given that he is the self appointed Striker Whisperer we struggled to score goals, despite unprecedented resources that were funneled his way

We did nothing on set pieces despite hiring a German set piece coach.

Not to mention his strange and bizarre handling of the Gio Reyna situation. And his stunning roster omissions.

Greggg beat up his wife and he is a crap coach who has never won anything of consequence:

He should be in Soccer Gulag and so should your terrible opinions.
Lmao, we lost to a better team, we were never gonna go on a run.

I guess it’s his fault we have 0 depth or real quality at striker at the moment.

Reyna should have played more, but that’s kinda what you get for acting like a baby and poutinf all the time.

Pulisic, our most important player and arguably best player of all time is behind GGG in this situation, as are most of the pundits who ACTUAL read the report as opposed to you. The Reyna’s are the absolute WORST example of helicopter parents who think they deserve everything.

Again, i’m no huge fan of GGG, if you read thru the many threads i’ve said I want him out, and I still do. I want a european coach that will play a better style of the game. But your lack of ability criticize the Reyna’s is almost laughable. It’s actually pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
Lmao, we lost to a better team, we were never gonna go on a run.

I guess it’s his fault we have 0 depth or real quality at striker at the moment.

Reyna should have played more, but that’s kinda what you get for acting like a baby and poutinf all the time.

Pulisic, our most important player and arguably best player of all time is behind GGG in this situation, as are most of the pundits who ACTUAL read the report as opposed to you. The Reyna’s are the absolute WORST example of helicopter parents who think they deserve everything.

Again, i’m no huge fan of GGG, if you read thru the many threads i’ve said I want him out, and I still do. I want a european coach that will play a better style of the game. But your lack of ability criticize the Reyna’s is almost laughable. It’s actually pretty amazing.

LOL. We had better strikers left off the roster. But he just had to bring along total losers Jordan Morris and insist on playing them.

Pouting? Before the first kick Berhalter created the situation by telling him his role would be reduced. Which is insane man management.

What’s the point of criticizing them if they are useful?

Berhalter is the embodiment of what is wrong with our program. Beholden to our third rate domestic league which is basically minor league baseball.

Reaction Score
LOL. We had better strikers left off the roster. But he just had to bring along total losers Jordan Morris and insist on playing them.

Pouting? Before the first kick Berhalter created the situation by telling him his role would be reduced. Which is insane man management.

What’s the point of criticizing them if they are useful?

Berhalter is the embodiment of what is wrong with our program. Beholden to our third rate domestic league which is basically minor league baseball.
As you should know, Morris was/is used as an energy guy. The strikers that weren’t called up hadn’t performed for the National team. Pepi had been absolutely atrocious for the NT for almost a year, and obviously not calling up Pefok was the right call in hindsight because he hasn’t done anything in like 6 months for Union Berlin.

And Reyna’s parents are useful? That’s an incredibly odd way to look at it.

If you view this situation without prior bias as I have, you’ll know that the Reyna’s created a *show and are the absolute worst type of parents. But you hate GGG, that’s fine.

Reaction Score
As you should know, Morris was/is used as an energy guy. The strikers that weren’t called up hadn’t performed for the National team. Pepi had been absolutely atrocious for the NT for almost a year, and obviously not calling up Pefok was the right call in hindsight because he hasn’t done anything in like 6 months for Union Berlin.

If you view this situation without prior bias as I have, you’ll know that the Reyna’s created a *show and are the absolute worst type of parents. But you hate GGG, that’s fine.

Who cares who is better at parenting? The question is whether GB is a good USMNT coach.

GB's negatives far outweighed his positives. Cougar listed many of his faults. He's pretty much right on the money. If GB didn't waste window after window playing Zardes, we might have seen a striker emerge. It's hard to impress sitting on the bench. And let's be clear, subbing Morris instead of Reyna in the world cup was a felony.

I do give GB credit for forcing his team to play out of the back. It was painful at first but they did develop and improve. They were very good out of the back in the WC, at least by American standards. Alas, it's not enough to keep him on.

Reaction Score
Who cares who is better at parenting? The question is whether GB is a good USMNT coach.

GB's negatives far outweighed his positives. Cougar listed many of his faults. He's pretty much right on the money. If GB didn't waste window after window playing Zardes, we might have seen a striker emerge. It's hard to impress sitting on the bench. And let's be clear, subbing Morris instead of Reyna in the world cup was a felony.

I do give GB credit for forcing his team to play out of the back. It was painful at first but they did develop and improve. They were very good out of the back in the WC, at least by American standards. Alas, it's not enough to keep him on.
Lol, we’ve discussed GGG’s shortcomings to an end in these threads. I’m actually gobsmacked that no one is willing to criticize the Reyna’s actions. It’s insane. That’s the last i’ll say on this, just stunning lmao.

Reaction Score

Morris shouldn’t even be part of the player pool. That alone should get Berhalter fired and launched into the sun.

You’re a Berhalter apologist. Why do you hate the USMNT so much?

Reaction Score
Lol, we’ve discussed GGG’s shortcomings to an end in these threads. I’m actually gobsmacked that no one is willing to criticize the Reyna’s actions. It’s insane. That’s the last i’ll say on this, just stunning lmao.

You mean you are gobsmacked that nobody wants to join in on your virtue signaling.

Go find an MLS/college soccer board where they worship Berhalter and talk about Nashville SC.

Reaction Score
You mean you are gobsmacked that nobody wants to join in on your virtue signaling.

Go find an MLS/college soccer board where they worship Berhalter and talk about Nashville SC.
Lol just look thru the thread my guy. As i’ve stated repeatedly, i’m not a Berhalter guy. I just have the capacity to call a spade a spade in regards to the Reyna’s, as like, everyone else in the USMNT soccer world has. Evidently you don’t have that ability, so it’s all good.

Reaction Score
Morris shouldn’t even be part of the player pool. That alone should get Berhalter fired and launched into the sun.

You’re a Berhalter apologist. Why do you hate the USMNT so much?
Just address what Claudio and Danielle did, just once.

Reaction Score
They stuck up for their kid. They love him. Love will make people do some crazy drek. It's human. Was it the right thing? Was it in good taste? Shoud they have done it?

Those are all the wrong questions. What if it was your kid? At some point it just doesn't matter if it's wrong or right. They picked a side. The child they raised and love.

You have a point of view. Good for you. It means nothing. It it makes you feel superior, congrats. But it really is time to drop it.

Reaction Score
They stuck up for their kid. They love him. Love will make people do some crazy drek. It's human. Was it the right thing? Was it in good taste? Shoud they have done it?

Those are all the wrong questions. What if it was your kid? At some point it just doesn't matter if it's wrong or right. They picked a side. The child they raised and love.

You have a point of view. Good for you. It means nothing. It it makes you feel superior, congrats. But it really is time to drop it.
Haha, okay.

Reaction Score
Gregg Berhalter being a bad coach and deserving to be shown the door and the Reynas being the absolute worst are not mutually exclusive.

We can get a capsule big enough to shoot three people into the sun.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ZC is a Greg hater who wont allow it get out of his way - Coach G was not the perfect coach and an ancient incident doesn't reflect well on him yet he hasn't been the horrible coach that some portray. Everyone has an opinion.
ZC's loves to throw insults at people who don't agree with him - just like Claudio has done covertly for years and his little boy and wife have joined him in that behavior - that I know for a fact
Ive forgotten more soccer than ZC will ever know - and anyone who knows me will attest to that fact
Let it go CA its not worth it - just this one statement tells you all you need to know:

He's one of those people who think that only following the international game makes him the absolute soccer guru. Those folks are vainglorious about the game.

I will place him back on ignore - had a feeling you were spatting with him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Haha, okay.
Their actions didn't happen in a vacuum. He was out-of-line when he attacked their kid. Did they go further than I would have? I'll give you that. But he sucked. Tied with Costa Rica? Get outta here with that crap.

Reaction Score
Their actions didn't happen in a vacuum. He was out-of-line when he attacked their kid. Did they go further than I would have? I'll give you that. But he sucked. Tied with Costa Rica? Get outta here with that crap.
I don’t agree with airing the dirty laundry a bit like GGG did with Gio, but by all reports Gio was a pouty baby and hurt the team with his actions in Qatar.

This was all deliberate by the Reyna’s. It was a vendetta for him not playing enough. They had 30 years to bring this incident to anyone’s attention, but being the helicopter parents they are, they waited until the opportune time that would benefit them. I don’t wanna see either of them near the program anytime soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom