MNT's 2021 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
The team is bad. The individual talents are better than the team. The NE Revolution would have beat this El Salvador team. Our guys have no flow.
I think we need to play the 3/5 atb.

Reaction Score
We need to exploit our athletic advantages. How GGG didn’t do that until 60’ is very questionable. Pefok is 6-2 210 and their back line averages 5-9. The game changes as soon as he got in as he became the focal point we’ve been missing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know. I’m just being irritable, even while old man BL yells at me. Because even on home games we have stupidly started at this time. That should never happen.

Meanwhile, we look wildly disorganized. I know these guys haven’t played together in awhile but this is like watching pinball.

Implying that people who aren’t old think it’s o.k. To be toxically self-centered?

Reaction Score
Obviously would have loved 3 pts && we certainly had enough chances and the individual talent in some areas to grab all 3. A point away in san salvador isn't the end of the world, though. Especially considering last night was this group's first @ concacaf experience.

Would like to see Brooks come in against Canada - however, I do not want to take away from Reams performance last night. Thought he did well. Hopefully CP can enter the lineup as well. Konrad showed glimpses but more experience is needed in games like that. Thought Sargent was lively at times, just lacked the killer final touch. Another clean sheet for Matt Turner.

broadcast feed and kickoff time was peak concacaf. plenty more of that ahead (see Honduras 10p kick Wednesday)

If healthy / available - I would line up like this Sunday:

Turner
Dest Robinson Brooks Jedi
Adams
McKennie Acosta
Pulisic (c) Reyna
Pefok

Reaction Score
Reams did as well as he could with his lack of speed, but I don’t get why Brooks got on the plane not to play.

I expect the outside fullbacks will be rotated out. And I think Berhalter is going to have to make a hard decision about playing Dest most games if A. Rob outperforms him, which I expect. Dest must be a lot better playing for Barca than he shows for us, for whatever reason.

Sargent doesn’t score enough. If that doesn’t change, I don’t see him being our #1 for very long.

Reaction Score
Reams did as well as he could with his lack of speed, but I don’t get why Brooks got on the plane not to play.

I expect the outside fullbacks will be rotated out. And I think Berhalter is going to have to make a hard decision about playing Dest most games if A. Rob outperforms him, which I expect. Dest must be a lot better playing for Barca than he shows for us, for whatever reason.

Sargent doesn’t score enough. If that doesn’t change, I don’t see him being our #1 for very long.
I think GGG said that Brooks was always going to sit this game in prep for the Canada game. Guess he thought it was gonna be a walk in the park..whoops. On Dest, Berhalter needs to stop playing him left back, full stop. It’s ridiculous. Yedlin is past it and Dest is good on the right, and Robinson and Bello are good, developing full backs. It’s unexplainable, Dest has never really played that well on the left. And agree completely on Sargent. He must’ve had like 15 touches in 70 minutes. If your starting striker can’t muster a single chance against that back line, it’s an issue.

Reaction Score
The team is bad. The individual talents are better than the team. The NE Revolution would have beat this El Salvador team. Our guys have no flow.

1630714432318.png

Reaction Score
I am going to wait on Sargent. He has looked pretty good in 2 games I saw him for Norwich.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to this tonight even if we are not at full strength. Hopefully an American soil match helps us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
WC 23 Power Rankings. I may or may not update this as we go. This is my opinion based on the NL, GC, and the ES qualifier. If you were on any of these rosters you are in the pool for now, if not for long. Note that our best 23 will not necessarily be named to the roster based on position needs. Some young guys and some old guys will be left out. There will be a lot of movement for most spots as there is a lot of meh or unproven talent after the obvious choices. Starting locks are in bold.

To start off, Gioacchini has had the best production of the crowded striker pool to date and looks the least lost in the box. This and GK (same for Turner btw) are the most wide open starting spots available then CB. YMMV

Gioacchini
Sargent
PulisicReyna
HoppeArriola
McKennie
Lletget
AdamsAcosta
YueillYueill
DestBrooksM. RobinsonYedlin
A. RobinsonReamZimmermanCannon
Turner
Steffen
Horvath

Position DetailPosition RankPlayer1-23 Rank
LW1Pulisic1
RW1Reyna2
AM1McKennie3
DM1Adams4
CB1Brooks5
DM/RB2Acosta6
CB2M. Robinson7
LB/RB1Dest8
RB1Yedlin9
ST1Gioacchini10
G1Turner11
LB2A. Robinson12
ST2Sargent13
RW2Arriola14
AM2Lletget15
CB3Ream16
CB4Zimmerman17
G2Steffen18
ST3Weah19
AM3Roldan20
CB5Miazga21
RB2Cannon22
G3Horvath23
AM4Musah24
LW2Hoppe25
ST4Zardes26
RB3Moore27
ST5Dike28
CB6Long29
LW/RW3Arronson30
DM3Yueill31
RW3Morris32
G4Johnson33
ST6Pefok34
G6Guzan35
G5Ochoa36
ST7Altidore37
AM5Busio
AM6Williamson
CB7McKenzie
CB8Sands
CB9Kessler
CB10Pines
LB3Bello
LB4Vines
LW4Konrad
LW5Lewis
ST8Pepi

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
So trash. No creativity or urgency. What an absolute disappointment from the beginning of the summer.

Scoring is clearly going to be a problem for this team.

Reaction Score
Scoring is clearly going to be a problem for this team.
Obviously Sargent can’t get it done, and Pefok is a ghost other than some random hold up play, why not give Pepi a chance? Also, why wait til the 83rd minute to sub when the team has been so poor?

Reaction Score
Yedlin always makes a mistake. Most of the time it comes to nothing. But it far too many times results in a goal. I think that every time we bring him in. Tonight it was a 2 point mistake.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yedlin always makes a mistake. Most of the time it comes to nothing. But it far too many times results in a goal. I think that every time we bring him in. Tonight it was a 2 point mistake.
Yedlin made a mistake but where was Brooks when Larin was wide open for the tap in....Watched the replay a few times and he was just standing there.....

Side note, UConn got a little call out on TV when they mentioned how Larin was the first overall pick in the MLS out of UConn.

Reaction Score
My soccer friend does not feel urgency or a need for worry or panic. McKinney violates team rules, 83rd minute sub, one goal in two games, can't pull a W out at home and with that crowd in Nashville, and did not seem to be amped or show some importnace emotion on the sidelines. Not at all what a team needs to do to world cup qualify.

Reaction Score
GB experiemented with lineups since being hired. What he didn't do was work with a core group of players to build chemistry. It shows. Most of he rest of the field has been playing the same team together for years. I think we have the best talent. But we don't have the best team.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The team is underperforming it's talent. That's on GGG.

Brooks and Dest had horrible games. I think A Robinson if not for Dest's reputation would be close to locking down the starting LB postion. For all the potential bodies we have at RB, Dest, Yedlin, Acosta, Cannon, Moore, no one seems to want to sieze it.

Same at Striker, I want to see Gioancchini, he's the one guy whose played that's looked the part against lesser competition. I'm fine giving Pepi and even Dike another shot but we need to thin the heard here and get some one in sync with the the other 5 attacking players who look solid. Still a battle for their backups. Arronson I think has moved ahead of Hoppe but Arronson seems better on the right side and I Arriola is still in the mix there.

Keeper, I fine rolling with Turner, he is the real deal but it's still an open competition for #1, but I think the 3 roster spots are set.

CB other than MRob, who is now far and away our best option. Brooks has the inside track for the other spot but only due to lack of competition. The drop off is steep. I hope someone steps up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom