MNT's 2021 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
Not making a sub until 83’ is terrible management. 3 games in 8 days & the strategy wasn’t working last night.

The roster composition is unbalanced with too many CBs and not enough midfielders. He didn’t replace Weah’s spot before the window opened.

Then Pulisic very delicately ripped him in the postgame last night.

ggg manages social media with his Nike’s on the sidelines and pre-game run through Nashville better than he does the team

We needed 6+ points this window with a heavily backloaded schedule. Wednesday is becoming a must win

Reaction Score
With the kind of playmakers we have on attack, Pulisic, Reyna, etc., Sargent should be the guy. He's the only one that can work combos with the strength of this team. We simply haven't been together to work all these guys at the same time.

Reaction Score
Several things have happened since Bruce Arena failed to get the USA into the World Cup:

-MLS and USL have provided highly stable developmental programs for every country in CONCACAF. Canada has been a major beneficiary. They could be as good as the US, MEX, and CR on the right day.

-We spent/wasted like two years waiting to hire Gregggggg. Greggg is an unproven manager who is also a hopeless perfectionist. Instead of finding a valid solution he looks for the perfect solution and fails to attain something valid.

-a ton of new talent and dual nationals are on the forefront. But we have zero chemistry because Grggggg tinkers.

-for the USA we have generational talent in Pulisic. The team needs to be built around him. This did not happen

I said after the Gold Cup that the kids play hard for him. I think it would be foolhardy to replace Gregggg now. Replacing Jurgen hurt us the last time around.

It’s time for Stewart and McBride to earn their pay and help Berhalter right this ship.

And then hopefully after the World Cup we can get Jesse Marsch in the run up to 2026.

Reaction Score
Not making a sub until 83’ is terrible management. 3 games in 8 days & the strategy wasn’t working last night.

The roster composition is unbalanced with too many CBs and not enough midfielders. He didn’t replace Weah’s spot before the window opened.

ggg manages social media with his Nike’s on the sidelines and pre-game run through Nashville better than he does the team

We needed 6+ points this window with a heavily backloaded schedule. Wednesday is becoming a must win

anything less than 5 and the panic button needs to be hammered

Reaction Score
With the kind of playmakers we have on attack, Pulisic, Reyna, etc., Sargent should be the guy. He's the only one that can work combos with the strength of this team. We simply haven't been together to work all these guys at the same time.
He’s had the chances and has botched them
for the most part. In the ESD game he got the ball caught under his feet too many times, he fluffed his lines once or twice, and was just altogether too invisible against a defense that was tiny compared to him. I don’t know that we have anyone in line better, I mean i’d probably prefer Hoppe right now because he has an edge to his game and wants the ball a lot more, but Sargent needs to do something to warrant being the locked in starting striker.

Reaction Score
I've been saying that we don't have an individual on our roster who is The Guy at their club - Europe or MLS. Aside from Pulisic (who isn't a consistent starter), our guys at best are squad players at good clubs. We don't have a #10 or #9 who knocks in 25-30 goals a season.

We have the most individual talent on the roster in possibly forever, so I place blame on tactics. The subbing/lack of is table stakes. Game 2 of a 3 game window and we're not getting guys out at half or the 60' mark is crazy.

If I were in charge I'd do everything possible to get Pulisic and Aaronson space to drive at defenders from the wings. Aside from the goal last night, how many open play goals have we scored v set piece/dead balls?

This nails it:
Greggg is an unproven manager who is also a hopeless perfectionist. Instead of finding a valid solution he looks for the perfect solution and fails to attain something valid.

I mean, the guy got canned from a 2nd division Swedish club for...lack of offense. If we don't win Weds he should be fired, but his brother won't do it.

And he gives too much respect to these WCQs. Gregg, 4 teams will move on from the Hex. Go get 3 points from El fng Salvador who's best player is a Roldan brother

Reaction Score
He’s had the chances and has botched them
for the most part. In the ESD game he got the ball caught under his feet too many times, he fluffed his lines once or twice, and was just altogether too invisible against a defense that was tiny compared to him. I don’t know that we have anyone in line better, I mean i’d probably prefer Hoppe right now because he has an edge to his game and wants the ball a lot more, but Sargent needs to do something to warrant being the locked in starting striker.
I don't think Sargent is the kind of striker you envision. He's far from a player who can play center forward, for instance. But he has skill receiving and making those quick passes in those tight spaces. As I said, we haven't seen him on the field with the types of guys we have when we're at our best.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Greggggg needs to gggggo
We are at a tactical disadvantage in every game we play. But we may have the best nutrition. I still say we give Big Sam a call. He was a pioneer in using analytics.

Reaction Score
I don't think Sargent is the kind of striker you envision. He's far from a player who can play center forward, for instance. But he has skill receiving and making those quick passes in those tight spaces. As I said, we haven't seen him on the field with the types of guys we have when we're at our best.
I mean, that’s fine, but we need a striker who can score. Zardes has shown more prowess for goals than Sargent has in big games. I have no idea why Gregg didn’t give Pepi a shot last night.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

His best squad was on the field, goes more to who he's selecting for the backup slots. Wednesday isn't must win but it would make sweeping one of the better teams mandatory.

Reaction Score
hey guys remember we beat Mexico in two cups that they didn't even bring their full squads due to injuries but we run Concacaf now! NOT. Look who is #1 Mexico, look where Us is #6. I am so sick and tired of the smoke that gets blown to this team cause they win games that are deemed as an upset and that means we are a top 10 team WE ARE NOT. We just drew to EL SALVADOR who can't even afford a field of quality and play in a lg nobody has ever heard off. Now we can't even win and we shoulda lost to Canada. As for as Mckennie I am done with this guy, go be selfish on your own and stay out. You did this to Juventus and they wanted to sell you but guess NOBODY WANTED YOU, cause you're selfish. The best players last night I saw were Aaronson by far, Tyler Adams, and Matt Turner who I think should be the #1 gk. What is the similarity? They all played in the MLS or are playing right now, but apparently if you play in the Mls you can't be good on the ntl team, or if you play in Europe you are by far the best player on the ntl team. Guess who was the worst player last night? SERGINO DEST who plays at Barcelona. Bring the players that actually care about being on the ntl team, and keep the self entitled prety boy european players OUT

Reaction Score
McKennie sent back to Italy. Jackson Yuell (woof) called in to his place. Guess Michael Bradley or will trapp weren’t available?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Watched on DVR. knew the score. Dominated the fist half. Should have had a goal or two. Then once Canada tied it in the 2nd we looked shaky. So many passes to guys who were not at all on the same page. Pulisic gets abused in CONCACAF.

Aaronson brings a lot of energy. I really want Reyna as CM, not on the wing. Brooks was awful. He’s too slow and everybody knows it. He was also way too involved in the attack, and that is on Gregg. This possession based offense with so much back passing is just too timid. Every match we have advantages in the attacking 3rd and end up sending it back to our keeper. Lousy tactics. We need 3 points and I’d like some GD on top of that.

Reaction Score
Ggg also said the game was another learning experience. When’s the test?

Reaction Score
I've been saying that we don't have an individual on our roster who is The Guy at their club - Europe or MLS. Aside from Pulisic (who isn't a consistent starter), our guys at best are squad players at good clubs. We don't have a #10 or #9 who knocks in 25-30 goals a season.

We have the most individual talent on the roster in possibly forever, so I place blame on tactics. The subbing/lack of is table stakes. Game 2 of a 3 game window and we're not getting guys out at half or the 60' mark is crazy.

If I were in charge I'd do everything possible to get Pulisic and Aaronson space to drive at defenders from the wings. Aside from the goal last night, how many open play goals have we scored v set piece/dead balls?

This nails it:

I mean, the guy got canned from a 2nd division Swedish club for...lack of offense. If we don't win Weds he should be fired, but his brother won't do it.

And he gives too much respect to these WCQs. Gregg, 4 teams will move on from the Hex. Go get 3 points from El fng Salvador who's best player is a Roldan brother

Pulisic isn’t a regular starter because Chelsea has two full teams of #1s and Tuchel is a clown who got lucky.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been already addressed, but I just read something from Landon Donovan taking a swipe at Weston McKennie regarding a Covid protocol violation. What did he theoretically do to warrant a violation?

And I know that a lot of people have strong feelings regarding Donovan, I'm just interested on what I missed regarding McKennie.

Reaction Score
Sorry if this has been already addressed, but I just read something from Landon Donovan taking a swipe at Weston McKennie regarding a Covid protocol violation. What did he theoretically do to warrant a violation?

And I know that a lot of people have strong feelings regarding Donovan, I'm just interested on what I missed regarding McKennie.

I don’t know what he did. It doesn’t sound good though.

But getting criticism from Mr. Sabbatical who showed up to the 2014 camp fat and out of shape is kind of rich.

Reaction Score
1631022414046.jpeg

Weston trying to get back to his hotel room for in Nashville.

Reaction Score
Sending him back to Juve is the only thing Ggg has done right so far

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom