MNT's 2021 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ah, I didn't catch that. I thought he was really good last year, started a bunch of games and played in 46.
He was! They turned his loan into a buy he was doing so well. Tell it to the new guy!

Reaction Score
McKennie is a more athletic, less skilled Harry Winks, and Tottenham fans want Winks out. I don't see it as a good fit

He reminds me of Jermaine Jones who was a freak athlete.

Reaction Score
Good news: Ricardo Pepi will be on the September WCQ roster
Bad news: Weston McKennie might be held back by Serie A

should have the roster any (second?) day now

Reaction Score
Roster is (finally) Out!

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 7/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 23/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (10): George Bello (Atlanta United; 3/0), John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 43/3), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona/ESP; 11/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 6/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 45/1), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 12/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 9/3), James Sands (New York City FC; 6/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 64/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 17/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 37/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 14/1), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 29/7), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 24/7), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 25/0)

FORWARDS (8): Brenden Aaronson (RB Salzburg/AUT; 7/3), Konrad de la Fuente (Olympique Marseille/FRA; 1/0), Jordan Pefok (BSC Young Boys/SUI; 6/1), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 38/16), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 8/4), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 16/5), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 13/1)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good news: Ricardo Pepi will be on the September WCQ roster
Bad news: Weston McKennie might be held back by Serie A

should have the roster any (second?) day now

How much potential does Pepi have long term? I don't follow Dallas MLS. He chose USA over Mexico. But I saw this "Under current FIFA rules on change of eligibility, Pepi could still represent Mexico in the future, even if he plays the next three knockout matches with the US team. But for now, everything indicates that he wants to stay definitively with the United States."

Pepi rules out Mexico and will play qualifiers with the US - Zyri

Reaction Score
Fine roster all things considered. Still need Roldan, Lletget and Ream replacements

Reaction Score
How much potential does Pepi have long term? I don't follow Dallas MLS. He chose USA over Mexico. But I saw this "Under current FIFA rules on change of eligibility, Pepi could still represent Mexico in the future, even if he plays the next three knockout matches with the US team. But for now, everything indicates that he wants to stay definitively with the United States."

Pepi rules out Mexico and will play qualifiers with the US - Zyri
My understanding is that besides Husky legend Carlos Alvarez's brother - Pepi is the best young Mexican-American talent to come through. Long term potential is high - and, yes, he can change because hes under the age of 21 - he will have to wait 3 years to make a switch, so, bringing him in now kinda solidifies him being a Yank moving forward.

Fine roster all things considered. Still need Roldan, Lletget and Ream replacements
Would imagine a healthy Musah replaces Roldan and still scratching my head that Richards is not on the squad over Ream.

Reaction Score
Is Cannon injured?

Must say I'm underwhelmed by Sands as well.

Yes, we need more midfielders, but Dest plays like a LM much of the time anyway. If we had a dynamic RB, maybe we could go 5 at the back, but I'm not sure Yedlin can handle that. Hey, what about Pulisic at LB (hah! Chelsea fans) and Dest at RB? With Brooks & 2 other defenders central?

Was disappointed not to see Busio playing.

Reaction Score
Many of the forwards are wingers and basically midfielders.

That being said excluding Busio was weird.

Reaction Score
You're both right. He showed a lot of promise in the Gold Cup. He is very fluid, made a ton of nice passes, seemed to be in the right places. But he was out muscled by older stronger players. musc

Reaction Score
Welp, McKennie starting today. And having a pretty bad first half. Would not be surprised to see him subbed out early. It's a shame. When you have a new coach and you get a shot, you can't afford to squander it this way. Hope he comes through in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Welp, McKennie starting today. And having a pretty bad first half. Would not be surprised to see him subbed out early. It's a shame. When you have a new coach and you get a shot, you can't afford to squander it this way. Hope he comes through in the 2nd half.
McKennie does not come out for the second half. REPLACED.

Reaction Score
McKennie is a very good soccer player regardless of going through a rough pach in Europe.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
McKennie is a very good soccer player regardless of going through a rough pach in Europe.
This happens in soccer often, doesn't mean McKennie has gotten bad all of a sudden. Usually, I find the coach is wrong. Lukaku wasn't good enough for Man U supposedly. And Mo Salah wasn't good enough for Chelsea.

Reaction Score
With three games in a week I have no idea if we'll run all our best 11 out for any one game, but if we do by my count we would start 8 players who are in the group stages of the Champions League. With of the other 3, 1 being in the Premier League now, and one having been in the Premier League the last few seasons. With another Champions League group stages player in Weah on the bench. That's an unbelievable development from where we were.

My 11:

Steffen
Dest -- Atlanta Robinson -- Brooks -- A. Robinson
Adams
McKennie -- Aaronson
Pulisic -- Sargent -- Reyna.

Reaction Score
With three games in a week I have no idea if we'll run all our best 11 out for any one game, but if we do by my count we would start 8 players who are in the group stages of the Champions League. With of the other 3, 1 being in the Premier League now, and one having been in the Premier League the last few seasons. With another Champions League group stages player in Weah on the bench. That's an unbelievable development from where we were.

My 11:

Steffen
Dest -- Atlanta Robinson -- Brooks -- A. Robinson
Adams
McKennie -- Aaronson
Pulisic -- Sargent -- Reyna.
Miles Robinson was insane at the Gold Cup. I had Richards penciled in next to Brooks, I still think he’s first choice by the time the big games of the cycle come around, but Robinson really showed me a lot. And Mckenzie as the 3rd choice isn’t a bad shout either. Love the depth there now. Haven’t even mentioned CCV, Che, Miazga, etc.

Reaction Score
McKennie doesn't have the first touch to be in the middle of the park. He can be a destroyer but he's miscast as a playmaker. He would have been eaten alive at Tottenham. Will be interesting to see if he moves today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom