MNT's 2021 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really???

Adams playing at RB Leipzig
McKennie at Juventus
Musah at Valencia

do nothing for you????

I mean while playing on the MNT. McKennie had a few moments.

Reaction Score
I mean while playing on the MNT. McKennie had a few moments.
Adams has been great when he’s played, just too often unavailable. And Musah add the composure and strength on the ball that we need

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Adams has been great when he’s played, just too often unavailable. And Musah add the composure and strength on the ball that we need

Great. I don't watch them overseas. So if they step up, I'm thrilled. I am honestly excited about the young talent.

Reaction Score
Pulisic is so freaking good. The Palace defenders their pants ever time he takes them on and all they can do is foul him.

I disagree with the notion that he isn’t a star player. He’s no different than Mount, Werner any of the other studs on that squad.

I think he seems to level down on the USMNT because he doesn’t get the service and because the opponent can focus on locking him down.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we are incredibly deep at midfield and winger. We need guys that can finish, esp at striker. We also need come CB to step up.

I am encouraged by Turner's performance, at minimum it means the #1 won't be handed to Steffen. CB and Striker are the questions that need answering for 2022. The quality of the youth is encouraging for 2026 if they don't hit a development wall.

I hope Sargent gets enough playing time to see if he can reach his potential, internationally, he was a stud as U17 and slowed down since. I prefer to see Gioacchini getting starts right now as the #9.

Reaction Score
Pulisic is so freaking good. The Palace defenders their pants ever time he takes them on and all they can do is foul him.

I disagree with the notion that he isn’t a star player. He’s no different than Mount, Werner any of the other studs on that squad.

I think he seems to level down on the USMNT because he doesn’t get the service and because the opponent can focus on locking him down.
Let’s see if Havertz gets the start for the next 5 games.

Reaction Score
With the exception of a #10. The front line and midfield are loaded compared to past USA teams.
The problem is the back line. Brooks is anchor. Dest is a star. past that who knows?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I think our best formation based strictly on getting the best 11 on the field is a staggered 4-3-3 with Pulisic playing more centrally, in something close3 to 4-(1-2)-(2-1). It allows plenty of mixing an matching of the younger guys on the wings, which if we are being honest is easier than finding another WC level #10 for 2022 or 2026

It's not our best offensive or defensive set because it relies on CP being able to be effective with the ball in the center of the park. Something he has yet to show consistently that far from goal. It also requires McKennie to be more defensive minded as CP is not a good two way player and can't be counted on covering if McKennie goes forward. It does allow Dest and Acosta to play fullback, which might be our best two.

You could also play McKennie or even Reyna in that role, keep CP on the left and back fill with Acosta next to Adams in a 4-2-3-1. I'm not a fan of the 3 CB lineups, even in stoppage time. Why put more of what we don't have on the field, ever?

...............................Striker
LW...................................................................RW
.................Pulisic
.......................................... McKennie
...............................Adams
.........LB...........CB...............CB.................RB
.................................GK

Reaction Score
I think our best formation based strictly on getting the best 11 on the field is a staggered 4-3-3 with Pulisic playing more centrally, in something close3 to 4-(1-2)-(2-1). It allows plenty of mixing an matching of the younger guys on the wings, which if we are being honest is easier than finding another WC level #10 for 2022 or 2026

It's not our best offensive or defensive set because it relies on CP being able to be effective with the ball in the center of the park. Something he has yet to show consistently that far from goal. It also requires McKennie to be more defensive minded as CP is not a good two way player and can't be counted on covering if McKennie goes forward. It does allow Dest and Acosta to play fullback, which might be our best two.

You could also play McKennie or even Reyna in that role, keep CP on the left and back fill with Acosta next to Adams in a 4-2-3-1. I'm not a fan of the 3 CB lineups, even in stoppage time. Why put more of what we don't have on the field, ever?

...............................Striker
LW...................................................................RW
.................Pulisic
.......................................... McKennie
...............................Adams
.........LB...........CB...............CB.................RB
.................................GK
Acosta isn’t nearly quick enough to play as a modern fullback. And after his performances in the GC why would you want to take him away from the center of the field?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Acosta isn’t nearly quick enough to play as a modern fullback. And after his performances in the GC why would you want to take him away from the center of the field?
Because Adams is ahead of him and I'm liking him better than Yedlin/Cannon/ A. Robinson right now, while I don't think any of the CG backs are ready for 2021 qualifying. Rather have him on the field than just as Adams backup. At least worth a look, we are so thin in terms of quality at the back.

Reaction Score
This just doesn't make sense to me. McKennie played a lot at Juventus, Juventus have more money, and they are a Champions League fixture, so I struggle to think why a move makes sense for anyone. Juve need him, he plays a lot, Tottenham is a step down. The only difference here is the Premier League but you'd join a second tier team that could never attract the likes of Ronaldo or De Ligt or some of the other stars that play there. Has Tottenham bought anyone as good as Chiesa in the last decade?

Reaction Score
This just doesn't make sense to me. McKennie played a lot at Juventus, Juventus have more money, and they are a Champions League fixture, so I struggle to think why a move makes sense for anyone. Juve need him, he plays a lot, Tottenham is a step down. The only difference here is the Premier League but you'd join a second tier team that could never attract the likes of Ronaldo or De Ligt or some of the other stars that play there. Has Tottenham bought anyone as good as Chiesa in the last decade?

Tottenham has more money for sure. The Premier League media payout makes even mid table teams nearly as wealthy as big teams in the rest of Europe.

Reaction Score
Tottenham has more money for sure. The Premier League media payout makes even mid table teams nearly as wealthy as big teams in the rest of Europe.

I just did a little research:

Tottenham's overall club value is #10 in the world: $2.3b
Juventus is #11 at $1.95b

Juventus salary budget is $185m
Tottenham's salary budget is $137m

This has everything to do with the nouveau riche owners of Spurs who have to service the debt with 40% of the yearly budget. While ultrabillionaire Agnelli has owned Juventus forever and thereby devotes more money to Juve salaries.

But Juve's revenues cratered last year to $441m while Tottenham had $494 in revenue.

I'd say these two clubs are pretty even.

Reaction Score
Who cares? Most Serie A teams are a double espresso away from going bankrupt.

Reaction Score
McKennie is a more athletic, less skilled Harry Winks, and Tottenham fans want Winks out. I don't see it as a good fit

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This just doesn't make sense to me. McKennie played a lot at Juventus, Juventus have more money, and they are a Champions League fixture, so I struggle to think why a move makes sense for anyone.
McKennie wasn't even on the squad for the first game, his new coach sees him as surplus to requirements. It is certainly a benefit to move on in that case.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
McKennie is a more athletic, less skilled Harry Winks, and Tottenham fans want Winks out. I don't see it as a good fit
Isn't "more athletic" a better fit in the PL than Serie A?

Reaction Score
McKennie wasn't even on the squad for the first game, his new coach sees him as surplus to requirements. It is certainly a benefit to move on in that case.
Ah, I didn't catch that. I thought he was really good last year, started a bunch of games and played in 46.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom