MNT's 2021 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
The USWNT drew 27,750 at The Rent for comparison. Cost me $80. for a bench seat at the top of the box.
$80?? Next time spend $33 and come hang with AO Hartford!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did anybody watch last night? I don't know how Greggggg can justify not starting Dike anymore after that. The B/C squad looked disorganized at times and didn't play crisply. But the talent gap was huge and it showed.

Reaction Score
Did anybody watch last night? I don't know how Greggggg can justify not starting Dike anymore after that. The B/C squad looked disorganized at times and didn't play crisply. But the talent gap was huge and it showed.
I watched. It's hard to tell what to take out of the game. For example, Dike looked good, but so did Zardes on a really nice shot. They also made a lot of bad passes and got burned on defense. Martinique just isn't good enough to capitalize. I feel that the US has often had players that look good against bad teams, but struggle against good teams. That seems obvious, but I think part of it is the MLS competition (which I do think has gotten better over the past few years). It's why I'd rather my kids play on .500 (or even less) teams in the highest flight vs. winning a lower flight. You just become better (although sometimes it's fun to have an easy game). I think Canada will tell a lot more.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I watched some of the game and saw Dike score his second goal before falling asleep. All I can say is that Dike needs to get out of MLS. I still can't imagine what it must be like to come back from playing in England for a year, ending with a Championship playoff, and now playing in MLS. I hope he finds a home overseas and that he gets some PT on the MNT A squad.

Reaction Score
I watched. It's hard to tell what to take out of the game. For example, Dike looked good, but so did Zardes on a really nice shot. They also made a lot of bad passes and got burned on defense. Martinique just isn't good enough to capitalize. I feel that the US has often had players that look good against bad teams, but struggle against good teams. That seems obvious, but I think part of it is the MLS competition (which I do think has gotten better over the past few years). It's why I'd rather my kids play on .500 (or even less) teams in the highest flight vs. winning a lower flight. You just become better (although sometimes it's fun to have an easy game). I think Canada will tell a lot more.
Zardes goal came after a defender tripped over his own feet and allowed Zardes one on one with the goalie.

Reaction Score
Zardes goal came after a defender tripped over his own feet and allowed Zardes one on one with the goalie.
That was my point. Bad teams make good players look better. Partially bc they aren’t good (duh), but also because you play freer. It was actually a nice finish, but against a better team he may not hit that shot with such precision in a close game.

Reaction Score
I watched some of the game and saw Dike score his second goal before falling asleep. All I can say is that Dike needs to get out of MLS. I still can't imagine what it must be like to come back from playing in England for a year, ending with a Championship playoff, and now playing in MLS. I hope he finds a home overseas and that he gets some PT on the MNT A squad.
I like Dike a lot but his touch leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. He rises really well in the air though and makes good runs. If he can refine his touch a little he can be really good. As much as i’ve been critical of Sargent I still think he’s the starter due to his hold up and connecting play. But he could learn a thing or two from Dike about finishing.

Reaction Score
That was my point. Bad teams make good players look better. Partially bc they aren’t good (duh), but also because you play freer. It was actually a nice finish, but against a better team he may not hit that shot with such precision in a close game.
Okay, but against a good team he doesn't get by the defender and has no chance for a shot.

Say what you will about Dike. He finds the net.

Reaction Score
Okay, but against a good team he doesn't get by the defender and has no chance for a shot.

Say what you will about Dike. He finds the net.
We’re saying the same thing about Zardes. I’m just reserving full judgment re Dike because Martinique wasn’t a strong opponent. If Zardes can look good, Dike looking good could be a false positive. I like his strength to skill combination though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was a really nice finish though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dike is good but still needs to earn his spot, whatever that is. We seem to be collecting an abundance of false 9's and wingers. Better than not having them but a better coach would be able to deploy the 6-7 non-defenders better than GGG.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody watching this. Canada dominating the midfield. We are playing way too defensively. Love Dike’s size and physicality.

Reaction Score
Playing so bad, can’t string more than 3 passes together. Dike hasn’t impressed really. No one really has, besides Robinson and Moore i’d say. Sands has been okay too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Garbage performance agaisnt a bad team. A couple guys might get a look as reserves. Hard to take away anything else other than 2 injuries.

Reaction Score
Matt Hoppe looked like the only USA player on the field who could maintain possession longer than one touch. Of course, he was nailed to the bench for the first 70 minutes.

Reaction Score
I really didn't see that much from Busio but apparently he is good enough to head to Europe.

Venezia technical director Paolo Poggi has confirmed that United States midfielder Gianluca Busio is coming to the club ahead of the 2021-22 season.

Busio has enjoyed a meteoric rise to prominence since joining Sporting Kansas City in 2018, establishing himself as one of the most promising young talents in MLS while also earning a place in the USMNT.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I didn't even know it was on last night, caught most of the second half. Went to bed when we finally scored. Why the hell was this essentially played on Pacific time? Ridiculous.

Busio didn't look good. Blake represented UConn well in net. Hoppe was terrific, even before the goal. He created chances and made some great passes that his teammates wasted. I thought I was watching UConn soccer from the mid 80s. Endless long, often inaccurate passes. We dominated play, but the inability of these guys to get the ball to each other and look like they are on the same page is frustrating. I know this is the B squad, but they were still clearly the more talented team out there.

Reaction Score
I didn't even know it was on last night, caught most of the second half. Went to bed when we finally scored. Why the hell was this essentially played on Pacific time? Ridiculous.

Busio didn't look good. Blake represented UConn well in net. Hoppe was terrific, even before the goal. He created chances and made some great passes that his teammates wasted. I thought I was watching UConn soccer from the mid 80s. Endless long, often inaccurate passes. We dominated play, but the inability of these guys to get the ball to each other and look like they are on the same page is frustrating. I know this is the B squad, but they were still clearly the more talented team out there.
I thought Busio played better than he did last game, but overall as a team another pretty lackluster performance.

Reaction Score
I really didn't see that much from Busio but apparently he is good enough to head to Europe.

Venezia technical director Paolo Poggi has confirmed that United States midfielder Gianluca Busio is coming to the club ahead of the 2021-22 season.

Busio has enjoyed a meteoric rise to prominence since joining Sporting Kansas City in 2018, establishing himself as one of the most promising young talents in MLS while also earning a place in the USMNT.

Club form and national team form are two different things.

Reaction Score

I played golf until dark last night. Came home and forgot about the game.

How embarrassing will it be if we get knocked out by Qatar?

What would it say about CONCACAF if Qatar wins the tournamen. I know they are the Asian champs but still....

Reaction Score
I played golf until dark last night. Came home and forgot about the game.

How embarrassing will it be if we get knocked out by Qatar?

What would it say about CONCACAF if Qatar wins the tournamen. I know they are the Asian champs but still....
Qatar may be the 3rd best team here, it wouldn’t be embarrassing per se but we still should win.

Reaction Score
These guys are so uncomfortable on the ball. Arriola has a breakaway to end the half and takes a shot from outside the 18 because he has no confidence that he can beat any defender 1v1. They never receive the ball and turn, they either send it right back where it came from or try an unsuccessful first time pass. Not a terrible half all things considered, but Hoppe’s unwillingness to help Bello on the left and Sands’ inability to deal with Funes Mori physically are worrisome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom