MNT's 2021 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
Stay classy Mexico.

Unfortunately, my guess is he's combining the physical attacks (bottle throwing) with racial and over-the-line attacks about his poor play. The former is clearly from the Mexican fans, while the latter is probably American fans. McKenzie certainly struggled (although Tim Ream just got lucky that his didn't result in immediate goals). I've never understood publicly attacking a player that messes up on the field, but it certainly shouldn't be ad hominem (his race vs. his quality of play).

Unfortunately "Stay classy" doesn't work for either side's "fans" since they need to "Get classy."

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, my guess is he's combining the physical attacks (bottle throwing) with racial and over-the-line attacks about his poor play. The former is clearly from the Mexican fans, while the latter is probably American fans. McKenzie certainly struggled (although Tim Ream just got lucky that his didn't result in immediate goals). I've never understood publicly attacking a player that messes up on the field, but it certainly shouldn't be ad hominem (his race vs. his quality of play).

Unfortunately "Stay classy" doesn't work for either side's "fans" since they need to "Get classy."

Big difference between a handful of people on the internet and thousands of Mexican fans. Really not any sort of equivalence.

Reaction Score
Another game tonight. Any lineup predictions?
I read it maybe a back up line up. Something like...

Ochoa
Cannon — McKenzie — Zimmerman — Robinson
Yueill — Musah
Weah — Aaronson — Lletget
Siebatcheu

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well that was fun. Would really like to see a Adams/McKennie/Musah midfield.

Adams to Yueill is probably the biggest drop off we have.

Not completely sold on Dike yet. How do you not take the shot Aaronson lays off for you??????

Reaction Score

Not completely sold on Dike yet. How do you not take the shot Aaronson lays off for you??????
Dike only has to be better than Sargent, Siebatcheu, Zardes or Altidore. Not a huge hill to climb.

Reaction Score

Dike scored, Sargent hasn’t. Should be a good competition

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dike only has to be better than Sargent, Siebatcheu, Zardes or Altidore. Not a huge hill to climb.
True. I just don't see it yet. It will take a bit to win me over. (I'd be happy if he does). It was just his first viewing with the NT was such a disaster. For me he's got a hill to climb.

Granted, he looked "ok" yesterday, and most importantly he scored. So that's great. But, he still seems to have that Zardes Heavy Touch syndrome (and granted, not the only one). And seems to slow down the offense. (i.e. not in sync). And for as big as he is, he didn't do much in the air.

I just don't see him as a big improvement over Sargent, Siebatcheu, Zardes or Altidore. Yet, anyway.

Reaction Score
Dike's improvement has been significant once he got out from U.S. college soccer. He's already better than Zardes and more useful than Sargent.

Reaction Score
Dike's improvement has been significant once he got out from U.S. college soccer. He's already better than Zardes and more useful than Sargent.
Yeah it’s tough to compete against kids who have been in a professional environment since they were 16-18. College Soccer really should be a golden parachute for kids without pro potential.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dike scored, Sargent hasn’t. Should be a good competition

There is a ton of time to fight for this spot. They should get enough run to position themselves and GGG should pick the hot hand or whomever gels best with CP and Reyna. The bigger guys will have an edge because a light breeze will knock over the other two.

Musah will get plenty of run with the compressed schedule. I can easily see this pattern continuing of two matches with the A team and playing the 3rd match of each round with the B squad.

I think in spite of not seeing these guy play a lot together, most of the WC roster is fairly locked:

Your Midfield roster looks like it will be Adams, McKinnie, Acosta, Musah, and Lletget, +1 TBD
Your Forwards, Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson, Sargent, Dike, Weah, +1 TBD (Siebatcheu)
Your Defenders, Dest, Robinson, Yedlin, Brooks, +3 TBD (Long, Miazga, +1)
Your Keepers, Steffen, Horvath, +1 TBD

Reaction Score
There is a ton of time to fight for this spot. They should get enough run to position themselves and GGG should pick the hot hand or whomever gels best with CP and Reyna. The bigger guys will have an edge because a light breeze will knock over the other two.

Musah will get plenty of run with the compressed schedule. I can easily see this pattern continuing of two matches with the A team and playing the 3rd match of each round with the B squad.

I think in spite of not seeing these guy play a lot together, most of the WC roster is fairly locked:

Your Midfield roster looks like it will be Adams, McKinnie, Acosta, Musah, and Lletget, +1 TBD
Your Forwards, Pulisic, Reyna, Aaronson, Sargent, Dike, Weah, +1 TBD (Siebatcheu)
Your Defenders, Dest, Robinson, Yedlin, Brooks, +3 TBD (Long, Miazga, +1)
Your Keepers, Steffen, Horvath, +1 TBD
Defenders need to add Cannon, Richards and Mckenzie

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not a surprise. Given these projections, I’m glad I didn’t waste money on Gold Cup tickets.

I hope Dike can't participate because he signed with a big European club. If he hasn't signed with one by the time the Gold Cup starts, I hope he tears it up and gets signed (I guess it would be a transfer). After his showing at Barnsley, he deserves to be playing at a higher level than MLS.

Reaction Score
CC3DB493-C958-4AF2-B084-DB185B42A307.jpeg

World Cup Qualifying is set - tough finish @mexico and @costa rica in the final window. Let’s hope we don’t need points at that stage like we did in Couva...

Reaction Score
View attachment 68032
World Cup Qualifying is set - tough finish @mexico and @costa rica in the final window. Let’s hope we don’t need points at that stage like we did in Couva...
With a full strength squad the only team we shouldn’t get results against is Mexico. Costa Rica has fallen off significantly. Canada is looking up but has a fraction of the quality we do, and Jamaica may bully but cannot match us skills-wise.

Reaction Score
With a full strength squad the only team we shouldn’t get results against is Mexico. Costa Rica has fallen off significantly. Canada is looking up but has a fraction of the quality we do, and Jamaica may bully but cannot match us skills-wise.
How do the international teams handle the qualifying games? Is it expected that our best players from England, Germany, Italy, etc. be allowed to play? Do they pick and choose who they allow to play for their country?

Reaction Score
How do the international teams handle the qualifying games? Is it expected that our best players from England, Germany, Italy, etc. be allowed to play? Do they pick and choose who they allow to play for their country?
Yes, teams usually let pretty much all players go for qualifying windows. Unless just coming off an injury or injured obviously. Friendlies and Gold cup esque tournaments they usually don’t, because of pre-season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, teams usually let pretty much all players go for qualifying windows. Unless just coming off an injury or injured obviously. Friendlies and Gold cup esque tournaments they usually don’t, because of pre-season.
In fact, I think club teams have to release their international players for WCQ games if called up.

Reaction Score
In fact, I think club teams have to release their international players for WCQ games if called up.
I thought they could block but maybe i’ve just been used to the last year or so of players facing protocols not being able

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought they could block but maybe i’ve just been used to the last year or so of players facing protocols not being able
Again, not positive, I think they can block for a friendly but not for certain competitions like WCQ and the African Cup of Nations.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, they have to release them for the FIFA international breaks. Unless of course they are injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom